Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Huntingside, it smells like there’s something burning in my apartment... but I can’t find it! hmmm :pac: bizzaaarrreee...

@ G, found one of those discs a while back with a heap of Tartan Asia Horror movies on it... but nothing to play them on :(

My three year old laptop has a DVD drive/burner. They can still be bought! I'm in the market for an even newer one. I also have a DVD Player/Recorder. My Tech desk has a DVD drive as an extension. with a burner! I even have a few VHS decks, a mini DV deck and an S-VHS deck. I have to have it all, along with the current day stuff like my iMac. But the struggling and often rebuilt PC still delivers loads too. My tech desk is an all in one place that can do loads of stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My three year old laptop has a DVD drive/burner. They can still be bought! I'm in the market for an even newer one. I also have a DVD Player/Recorder. My Tech desk has a DVD drive as an extension. with a burner! I even have a few VHS decks, a mini DV deck and an S-VHS deck. I have to have it all, along with the current day stuff like my iMac. But the struggling and often rebuilt PC still delivers loads too. My tech desk is an all in one place that can do loads of stuff!

G! Something in that message sparked a thought and off I went and found an old DVD player under my telly in my room, one of them cheapo jobbies from power city that plays EVERYTHING! Tremendous Your “tech desk” sounds like a wonderful place buddy :D and not too dissimilar to my own PC, the poor thing is always getting messed with! Even though all it really does is Kali these days.

Hope ya feel better soon Grem!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Bedside

Delighted with myself earlier as I got a bright idea.

To backtrack a bit, last November I did a clear out at home and decided to sell my items I no longer want, on the facebook marketplace. One of the items is a pair of goggles that I had brought in lifestyle sports by mistake. Still brand new in their box.

Unfortunately there has been no interest in them so I was thinking of how to get rid of them. Got the bright idea of posting in one of the local facebook groups (thats not a buy and sell group). Wasn't sure if the admin of the group was going to allow the post or not, but thankfully they did. Anyway that worked cos I have someone coming to collect them on Tuesday :D

Buyer cancelled meeting :( oh well, back they go on Facebook Marketplace/groups/eBay/Adverts/Donedeal

I'm bedside

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bugger, not exactly nauseous, verge of a panic thing, not good timing, when is i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You managing to get through it ok Grem ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Breathe and sneses being used, be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

If we can help distract you in any way let us know .
    We'll blabber on about spuds , onion rings , Italy , whatever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

*Rant*

I started an online business (Etsy, making wood pendants, how exciting) in November and run it in my spare time while my daughter's at school.

It goes well, I get good sales and reviews... and then they shut the schools until.... November probably.

Can't get any work done, can't fulfill orders...

ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!

(If you're bored and want a Valentines Day heart pendant, I have a sale on. At least I can still sell to people in Ireland.)

Coppice Wood Pendants

I'll even throw in gift wrapping for free for Boardsies.

^^ Some lovely bits there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Like loads of others I'm currently stuck in a Currys/PC World scenario. A .ie website but shipping it from the UK. Hard to believe these guys used to have an Empire.:rolleyes:

Same here G. Ordered an oven last Sunday week. They took payment on Monday, refunded it on Wednesday, text today to say delivery will be on Monday coming and took payment today.

Shambles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside..
    Hope you're feeling better Grem :)

It's cool, getting there, thanks to you all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hugs for you Grem (hugs)

If any of ye are in the south east try Swans electrical, they’re in Carlow

Beside awake. Brain says I’ve had enough sleep :pac:

Happy hump day folks :D

And fingers crossed the world starts tipping back to somewhere half decent with the big orange prick being gone from office over yonder!

Some mess to wade into..

Some mess to wade into..

Ain’t that a fact! He seems to have a good spread of people around him, so all we can do it hope.

Ain’t that a fact! He seems to have a good spread of people around him, so all we can do it hope.

I reckon with that team they'll be able to placate the trumpers if king cheeto himself doesn't start his claimed new political party. I would think though that it could be a treacherous year or two.

I reckon with that team they'll be able to placate the trumpers if king cheeto himself doesn't start his claimed new political party. I would think though that it could be a treacherous year or two.

Yeah, would tend to agree Grem!

It's a miserable morning out there folks!
    Day one of online lectures today, at least I have something to do for next 2 days

bubblypop wrote: »
    It's a miserable morning out there folks!
    Day one of online lectures today, at least I have something to do for next 2 days

I’m about to get a face of rain here Bubbly! Gotta get my kilometres in for Ray’s Marathon :)

Enjoy your lectures! :D

• Advertisement

:( Oh wow it's raining so heavy! I don't wanna go out there!!!

:( Oh wow it's raining so heavy! I don't wanna go out there!!!

It’s graaaaaaaaand :D

It’s graaaaaaaaand :D

Maybe for you!

I'm the wicked witch of the west though. I'm gonna melt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sunny and 26 degrees here!
    In my head.

Maybe for you!

I'm the wicked witch of the west though. I'm gonna melt!!!

Well??? Did ya melt??? Bet ya didn’t :pac:

G, your head sounds like a good spot right now buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, desperately searching for my motivation, or any motivation for that matter.

Wouldn't mind chilling on a beach right now, or ANY place that isn't my home office...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Well??? Did ya melt??? Bet ya didn’t :pac:

G, your head sounds like a good spot right now buddy!

I can't reply, I'm a puddle

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭505_

The walls of the home office feel like they’re closing in on me here. Actually looking forward to a lunchtime run in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Couchside, playing games

Its my birthday today :D

• Advertisement

Happy birthday night owl

I hope you're doing something nice for yourself today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement