Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Porklife wrote: »
    Enjoy every bite and sip Duvet! I'm living vicariously through you guys at the moment aside from the sitting and watching tv..I'm doing plenty of that on my own :)

I'm couchside watching old episodes of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. It's a shame shows like this have become so sensationalist and fake. I'm on season 2 and its raw and authentic, no dramatic music or a narrator stating the obvious like the US version.....Gordon storms into the kitchen ready to bite...dun dun dun...I know, I'm watching the bleedin thing!

The original Channel 4 series were great. The USA version is just unadulterated fake crap. But hey, Ramsey took the dollars to feed the ego.

In the Kitchen digesting personal and national news, as you do. Planning my dinner and on Argos.ie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,050 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Outdoors. Socially distanced. Masked. What more?

10.30 ? Weeps , I need a job that allows me to sleep late every morning, I'm on my break at that time some days.

Bad Duvet...I'm taking loads of half days at the moment, I start off the day and after about an hour I think 'feck that I've had enough ' , what's going to happen when I run out of annual leave, it's unthinkable. ��

Couchside, I've opened a bottle of red after being so good recently, also a big bag of Tesco bistro crisps, all my hard work down the drain but I'm really enjoying it, I'm actually not in work until tomorrow afternoon so going to take full advantage of that, cheers lads.

I'm lucky with my hours and loving my work. It was a long hard road to get here. It isn't easy though. There are....industry issues and always something that needs to be paid for and if I don't have work then I don't have money. No sick pay or holiday pay or health benefits. The grass is always greener :)

There's a big bag of some kind of chunky bbq flavoured crisps in my kitchen and I'm doing my damndest to ignore them. You might have encouraged me to ignore my ignoring :p

I am couchside. Dinner had and wine in hand. Wet auld night out there.
    in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,050 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I'm lucky with my hours and loving my work.
    Me too Frost. Now with COVID work online lots. So "where we're going" can be virtual. :pac:

Fathom wrote: »
    Me too Frost. Now with COVID work online lots. So "where we're going" can be virtual. :pac:

:D

I'm still in the office a few hours a week. That's great for me because I'd go bonkers working from home but I think when this is over more will have a choice and that's a good thing.

• Advertisement

I think when this is over more will have a choice and that's a good thing.
    New normal. Cool. :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm just glad i work indoors mostly now :pac:

I would just like to add that I'm on Argos.ie reserving an essential item, because they don't let you reserve a non essential item. Crazy times!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside after my evening saunter hanging out with Larry (watching Curb Your Enthusiasm) drinking tea eating the last of the Christmas cake. Figuring out my mspaint picture.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I would just like to add that I'm on Argos.ie reserving an essential item, because they don't let you reserve a non essential item. Crazy times!:D

Can't imagine argos exclude much from the essential list :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Heading to work. Laters.

You’d be surprised Grem. I was in looking for external drives the other day and they’ve seriously reduced the selection.

You’d be surprised Grem. I was in looking for external drives the other day and they’ve seriously reduced the selection.

Possible supply issues too

Possible supply issues too

Good point!

Believe it or not they do. I needed a few USB Sticks as my usual supplier is taking ages, so I opted for an Argos reservation. I tried to be sneaky and reserve a bedside lamp for Ms G. Not a hope. Got one from Dunnes stores online that will do the job. Added some shoes, a shirt , a hoodie and two tops for Mrs G. 65 quid including delivery. We badly need it.:eek: Even online, I'm spending local.:D

Can't get over brexit catching businesses by 'surprise' i know it was a mess but there's no issues in supply chain in major factory type places

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Autosport wrote: »
    Couchside relaxing watching tv, it’s only a night for the couch :D

It sure is :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside drinking tae
    Git now, I drink the correct tae.

Ya starting Gremlin?

:pac:
    Autosport wrote: »
    Couchside relaxing watching tv, it’s only a night for the couch High stool :D
    Loughc wrote: »
    It sure is :)

Fixed that for ye :-P

Seph, i'm finishing ;)

Can't get over brexit catching businesses by 'surprise' i know it was a mess but there's no issues in supply chain in major factory type places

Like loads of others I'm currently stuck in a Currys/PC World scenario. A .ie website but shipping it from the UK. Hard to believe these guys used to have an Empire.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

When you find an old (like 14 years old) DVD with movie files on it and it stills plays. A great collection of obscure stuff on it. Don't ask me as its all written on the actual disc, which is loaded now for take off!

Like a lucky bag, enjoy!

Huntingside, it smells like there’s something burning in my apartment... but I can’t find it! hmmm :pac: bizzaaarrreee...

@ G, found one of those discs a while back with a heap of Tartan Asia Horror movies on it... but nothing to play them on :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seph, i'm finishing ;)

tumblr_msws60kKJp1r4r8oio1_500.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside, tummy not feeling the best this evening. :(

Ooooh fight!!! ModFight!!! MMA forum that way >>> if you need....

Still home-office-side. It's cosy and quiet in here, so catching up on admin stuff with a fab fun retro disco mix playing in the background.

By admin I obviously mean that I have just industriously done ALL the internet shopping, suddenly bit nervous about all the pending arrivals.
    New dining table (super necessary, because the old one is my old metal patio table andit's no longer charming, but just a bit sad :o), new dressing table and bedside lockers (because the 20 year old ikea repainted ones have literally stopped working and I want fancy), new patio tiles and loungers and summer bulbs and pots and soil (because happy summer sunshine project urgently needed :pac:).
    And some more new clothes for me just because I cannot stand wearing same old black black black anymore. This we can only blame the disco mix for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I know of a business who were all ready for brexit and then On Monday they received a email and extras had been added and others removed. This has affected them as they now have to go and change all over again and retrain staff.

Couchside chomping on a Maom stripe, god they are chewy :D

No mod scrap here because i'm finished and also don't feel well now. Hmm, not usually nauseous :confused:

No mod scrap here because i'm finished and also don't feel well now. Hmm, not usually nauseous :confused:

Awww, soz Grem. Sleep? Bicarb of soda? Big mug of tea or combo of all of the above?

• Advertisement

At work so remedies in short supply but water and tea i think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement