Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Do you ever put cheese in the mash?.

I don't Grem, not a fan of cheesy mash, just lots of butter and warm milk

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back deskside oh so tired

I'm a divil for charts and reviews and measuring tape.. Missus is on depop a bit lately and managing well, she hovers over stuff for ages too though.. We aren't what you could call bargain hunters :pac:

Me too! It works as a deterrent though because by the time I'm finished reading reviews and figuring out the fit I'm not bothered about what's in the shopping basket :D

How is your back?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well getting out of bed earlier wasless difficult than it's been all week so here's hoping that's some light.

How are you getting on with preparations?.

So, today is supposedly the bluest monday of the year, i'm going to get my arse into the kitchen and whip up breakfast and brunches to cheer up the wherers, order in!!

• Advertisement

Well getting out of bed earlier wasless difficult than it's been all week so here's hoping that's some light.

How are you getting on with preparations?.

Less difficult is a win when you're managing chronic pain. I hope its the beginning of some relief for you.

The preparations have gotten quiet Grem. Thank you for asking :) We have the venue, photographer, celebrant and dress. The next thing will be a band but I dunno how things are going to go Covid wise. 2 of the bridesmaids are in the UK as well.

Weddings are a bit bonkers though. I mean there can be mad ideas and expectations. Like the amount of people who torment themselves over how much money to give as a gift and couples who care about such things. Then there's the extravagance. Turns out it's not unusual for a bride to wear more than one wedding dress during the day and having fancy pjs for the bride and her maids is a thing.

Like its painful enough spending x amount on a dress for one whole day imagine only wearing it for 2 hours! I'd be sick! :D

Yeah OH and myself have been thinking about it and covid means it's kept small out of necessity which appeals to us.. That doesn't work for everyone and no one really knows where we will be next month or in june etc.

Yeah OH and myself have been thinking about it and covid means it's kept small out of necessity which appeals to us.. That doesn't work for everyone and no one really knows where we will be next month or in june etc.

There are so many ways to go about it Grem. You can both have the day you want on your own terms. I mean a druid could marry you! You could even just have the two of you, two witnesses and a celebrant.

I wish I could say don't let Covid stop you but I'd be a hypocrite then. It could easily stop us and our wedding will be small enough. There is more than numbers allowed to consider. We don't want to be the cause of people getting sick and we want to enjoy the day without anxiety.

In saying all that I am very hopeful a change will come when summer arrives.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So, today is supposedly the bluest monday of the year, i'm going to get my arse into the kitchen and whip up breakfast and brunches to cheer up the wherers, order in!!

Putting my order in, Grem! I can almost smell the rashers sizzling in the pan right now. :):D

Good start, plain, smoked?. What else on the plate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Night owl gal

My order is pancakes and orange juice, grem :)

Bedside, wide awake

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Good start, plain, smoked?. What else on the plate?

Some black pudding would be nice as would a fried egg :D

Thanks Grem

Added to order ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Agh I’m tired, don’t know if I should get up or just go back to Bed. Nothing on the schedule today.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Agh I’m tired, don’t know if I should get up or just go back to Bed. Nothing on the schedule today.

Set an alarm for an hours time?.

Naw coffee and a 5km walk seems more appropriate :)

Well you do have the climate for it :P

Groundhog day........ Coffee with the doggo, then walk, work this afternoon.

I can't wait to get on a fecking aeroplane, or even just departures of the airport!!

My week is a mess, off for one, on for two, off for one back in for two or three. I think. :pac: still it kinda suits me with me back, rest up again today.

Happy I'm making breakfast blue Monday basher day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

It does feel like blue Monday. Damn you work. Damn you non bed. Could be worse though. Could be a lot worse!

• Advertisement

Breakfast all prepped, toque flat with the effort.. Everything from kippers to porridge to eggs florentine to mimosas :)

My car spotting this morning

539864.jpeg

539865.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

3 day headache, ebbing and flowing...able to get out of bed today...so that's something at least

3 day headache, ebbing and flowing...able to get out of bed today...so that's something at least

Three days oh poor you, I hope it's easing..

Three days oh poor you, I hope it's easing..

Thanks Grem.. got out for a quick walk... still banging but at least I can function today :)

Thanks Grem.. got out for a quick walk... still banging but at least I can function today :)

You get migraines or something? Glad you got outside for a little bit.

Its post office day!!!

*rolleyes*

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Grem that was a splendid breakfast and I’ll order the same for tomorrow morning ;)

Just back from a lovely walk and deciding which one I’ll do later :)

You get migraines or something? Glad you got outside for a little bit.

I do unfortunately, it touched that level yesterday for a while... only got out of bed about 7pm :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I do unfortunately, it touched that level yesterday for a while... only got out of bed about 7pm :D

I feel your pain. I never get headaches. I could drink a bottle of red wine at a Metallica gig and not have the faintest headache. I got pregnant and boom...cracking headaches every day where I have to ly down in a dark room. It feels like someone whacked me on the head with a frying pan, a kind of vibrating sharpness that rushes through me.
    Sorry...that description is probably not helpful at all:)
    Hope you feel better soon!

I'm couchside eating biscuits like it's my dying meal. I feel like the cookie monster!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement