Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Match Thread - Clare v Limerick Munster 1st Round/NHL Final. Live RTÉ2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Akrasia wrote: »
    It would be nice if the referee let Clare take their quick puck outs. It’s supposed to be the championship, fast paced intense hurling

Ref acting the prick there, 21 was clear pretty much every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

The rule is clear. You’ll get a chance to go quick after a wide but not a score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

I'd say Kelly playing at 13 but flouting out at times caught Limerick off guard, they might move someone like Finn onto him for the 2nd half, Clare have Shanager and Cunningham to throw off the bench, no Dowling for limerick but Flanagan could make an impact

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Shannagher on for Clare, good change in my opinion especially if the ball starts to hang up in the air a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

It's blowing across the pitch.
    Many munster finals... there are a few other games there aside from the final kid.

Here's a few aside from Munster finals ive been at

1987 Munster semi final brought as a young lad by my Dad and saw John Fenton score the games greatest ever goal imo.

Hurling Qualifier when Canning scored 2-12 v Cork (a poster commented here about it)

Hurling Qualifier where Donal Og got sent off but Cork rallied and beat Galway

Dubs v Kerry football semi final

And numerous Tipp league matches (im a Dub with Tipp roots).

Too many matches too mention kid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

2 quick points for Limerick within a minute of the throw in

Make that 3 in 75 seconds

Here's a few aside from Munster finals ive been at

1987 Munster semi final brought as a young lad by my Dad and saw John Fenton score the games greatest ever goal imo.

Hurling Qualifier when Canning scored 2-12 v Cork (a poster commented here about it)

Hurling Qualifier where Donal Og got sent off but Cork rallied and beat Galway

Dubs v Kerry football semi final

And numerous Tipp league matches (im a Dub with Tipp roots).

Too many matches too mention kid.

Sorry for being pedantic but you haven't listed a single Munster final there :pac::pac::pac:

I think this game is done.

Clare not having an exit from their puck out against the wind is being exposed now, Limerick pull out a 5 point lead

• Advertisement

First wide for Kelly, we needed that, Limerick up for a point, 6 point lead now for Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Clareman wrote: »
    Sorry for being pedantic but you haven't listed a single Munster final there :pac::pac::pac:

Hence why the poster said aside from munster finals.

Clareman wrote: »

Why would i when i was saying which non-Munster finals i was at in Thurles? Please keep up :) Although i think im mixing Joe Cannings 2-12 up with the same game that Donol Og was sent off in.

It's almost like a game of backs and forwards now, Clare are being dominated on their own puck out

Second back wide from frees from TK

Clare's first score in the second half, Limerick are well on top here

Another TK point from Clare, 21 to 17 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Clare needed that goal

ABOY Taylor, goal for Clare, Ryan Taylor 21 to 1-17 now

Limerick caught messing with the ball around the half forward line and Clare punished them with a nice goal. From six points ahead to a solitary point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 whereismymind?

Sean finn lost ryan taylor for goal.

Limerick have been pulled for throws and overcarrying more than any team that I can remember for a long time.

Bad wide from a free from Kelly there, that's 3 wides from frees in the second half now

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Some terribly soft frees in this, it's like a challenge match

Clare don't have a midfield at the moment, Limerick completely on top

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Some of Clare's clearances from the full back line are aimless, at best.

Peter Casey is near impossible to hook with that very short grip on the hurley.

Water break and Limerick are up by 4 point, 0-25 to 1-18.

And the clock stops for the water break.

Jesus Taylor hit that ball awful close to the goalie.

I think Clare will need another goal or 2 to win this 1

• Advertisement

Clare's half forwards and midfield are being completely dominated by Limerick.

Advertisement