Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭893bet

*insert son, I am disappoint meme here*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Comfort issues I hear that. It just didn't sit on my wrist so well. It seems the same with you Fitz and we couldn't have more different wrists in size. On the other hand a chap I know that I recommended one to many moons ago still wears his on a pretty much daily basis and loves it. So long ago that my recommmendations at the time were either a Rolex Sub or the Speedie as a Forever Good Watch and there was little in the difference in price for his budget. 😮😁 He went for the Speedie as it was a more interesting looking watch for him and he preferred the Omega bracelet(well this was at a time when Rollie bracelets were decidedly meh, but man have they gone 360 degrees on that score to about the best now). I haven't asked if he wants to kill me now, what with the value increase of the one he rejected...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Nothing like feeding the weanlings in the even with the Lange on. I think they appreciate the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Ideal watch for mucking out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Thanks banie. Try LEVIATHAN as a discount code, it was for 15% off and brought the watch to €233. Might be finished, but worth a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

SRPE53 on blue leather

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

No you have got that wrong, leather absorbs the smell. He'd need something with a bracelet or rubber strap.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭banie01

We have some friends visiting us at the mo and we are doing the tourist thing.

Today is the Wild Atlantic way and a cruise under the cliffs of Moher from Doolin.

Certainly need to be watertight at least for the trip 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Can anyone see how my kids ruined my watch picture ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Reflection?

• Advertisement

GMT not in sync? Did they bigger it up?

do educate me CT , How is the the GMT incorrect?

Doesn't look in-sync to me but never having owned a GMT I could be wrong.

As for educating you that's a permanent & pensionable job, not one for amateurs. 😛

So you don’t understand a GMT but you know it’s wrong ?? You’re a fine forum example of always wrong and never doubting. And as for educating, I guess wisdom doesn’t always come with age .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Time is indicating quarter to 1, GMT hand indicating quarter to one on the bezel which is aligned to 12. I dont see any issue. I do see your kids reflection in the dial, wondering why daddy is photographing his watch again :)

Dont feed the troll, the Dunning-Kruger is strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Finding myself very drawn towards a Tudor GMT, lovely photo it really is a pity that those pesky kids ruined the shot 😝

I got some lovely shots of the cliffs of Moher today but my favourite shot of the day...

Was treating the Mrs to a Bishop Brennan's special down at Fr Ted's... My very own 1st attempt at an homage 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭furiousox

(You both have lovely bottoms 👍️😄)

We were there only last week.

If you get a chance go to Best seafood on The Wild Atlantic Way | Serving food 7 days (monks.ie)

Only half an hour from Ted's and delicious!

CPL 593H

Timex Weekender 41mm. Everyone loves a shitter.

• Advertisement

Oh right. Kind of assumed they were daily changed. Assumed the shite coming from your fingertips was coming at the same frequency from all angles. Carry on.

My Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra on a blue leather strap. I'm going to put it back on its bracelet soon. Keeps 'superlative' time of less than 1 second gain per day. Fabulous looking and with a high degree of anti-magnetism. Obtained at a very reasonable price thanks to fellow forumite and total gentleman Mick'sAddress.

The background photo is 'Tahiti 1954' by Eliot Elisofon which appeared in Life Magazine in January 1955 and again in 2005 as a cover pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

0624-5009 "Lemon Drop" from September 1975

One of the first LCD watches to be made by Seiko.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ohh I like that IP. 🙂👍️

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Spiderman0081

• Registered Users Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭micks_address

apologies for days late post but i can't get boards notifications to work on my phone properly... so i only really see it while im back at work not working :)

Curious wibbs/fitz what your wrist size is? Mines about 7.3 inches and i find the speedmaster sits bang on my wrist. Its probably the closes to ideal size i have found in terms of my wrist.

Cheers,

Mick

I'm of the itty bitty wrist camp. 6.2 inches or something like that. Small that's for sure. Great for the vintage world as I have vintage wrists. IIRC Fitz is of the far more manly of wrist size. I think it might be down to the shape of the wrist too. Mine is of the D shape, the flat part being where a watch sits so I can wear larger than if I had the same size wrist but of a more O cross section. (going on memory here) I found the Speedie cut into the edges of the D as it were. It just didn't sit right on me.

On the other hand(no pun) my Heuer Bund which is a larger watch at 43mm sits fine even on my scrawny wrist. As does my 1930's Zenith which is a pretty big yoke. My LIP Nautic Ski though 36mm, but very thick for it's size doesn't fit as well. Perceived weight is another aspect too. The Bund is a very light watch for its size. A modern Rolex Sub feels much heavier on my wrist, more noticeable. I suppose the takeaway is try before you buy.

Wrist is about the same for me, I think its something to do with the caseback and the grooves in it. Wore this one for a couple of days and it was fine, but would need long term wear to see if its an issue, the one I got this time was a 2012 watch so just before the new big box version that had a slightly revised clasp, its the big box one I had the issue with.

It was not that watch was too big or small, it just rubbed where the lunate and the ulna meet, that flat bit and left a constant mark there. I am however on a bodybuilding kick again at the moment and my wrist is shrinking so not comparing like with like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Have I missed some aggro lately or...?

Advertisement