Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Allwheelsgood

Will have a closer look at the Damasko. The Dsub50 seems to be the closest to my requirements..... Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I've been wanting to add a splash of colour to my watches.

Got a notification that there was some Direnzo DRZ04 in stock last week, so went for the purple varient.

I'm loving the curved dial and the sunburst effect.

A Sub with a difference. RubberB strap fitted for smaller wrists than mine.

Contacted 3 Sinn dealers in Europe re a watch they claimed to have in stock..... all 3 when push came to shove didn't have it in stock and as the factory says its a 27 week wait they hope.

Strange times indeed.

Had another look at the Damasko, Smiliar to the U1 S but I'd prefer the U1 SE.... if it was available.

Anyone have any comments on the Marathon 41mm GSAR in Anthracite with the steel bracelet...... looks chunky but is the same watch body thickness, dive depth as the Sinn U1.... my only worry is if its given out to military personnel as equipment will its secondhand value be on the floor and will the PVD coating be as good as the Sinn quality. A US dealer has a nice version of the Marathon with the Arctic edition white face and outline red hands and at a good price. I also like the tritium luma tubes for night vision..... different. Claimed useful life of 25 years on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

i have a standard gsar and a polar gsar. both wear very well, but i have a big enough wrist.

i would make sure you get a sterile dial (no government markings) as i think the government markings kinda ruin them if you are not in that government's af.

no experience of the pvd ones (never really of interest as I've had one pvd watch and it started to lift after a day of wear (and it was not a cheap one).

the bracelet is very much the way to go, and well worth the $$ over the rubber strap imho as well.

• Advertisement

Thank you, I was very much thinking I was on my own with my affinity for the Marathon. You rarely see or hear of them over this side of the pond even though they are Swiss made. It appeals to me as a total tool watch which I am hoping is fit for purpose longterm.

Can I ask have you had it long, how old is it, I ask as I'm thinking of the longevity of the Luma tubes fitted, one report stated unreadable in darkness after 12 years constant use.

I presume it has to go back to its Swiss makers for service and reseal/pressure test?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

i have one about 12 years, and its still unmarked apart from one small scratch on the bezel and the crystal is perfect despite significant and prolonged abuse :)

its going back for a service and re-tube to marathon this week actually. the tubes are fine at 12 years, and perfectly readable at night, but beside the 6 month old polar, they are noticeably dimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭rx8

The Mrs won this in a poker tournament about 16 years ago. I rarely wear it but since we're at a weekend poker event in Killarney I dug it out. Still have all the original boxes, links and receipt from Sheerans where it was purchased from. Was €1200 new in 2006. Could never sell it or I'd be divorced 😇.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭rx8

Good luck us.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

All the way from '71. 🙂

Then again high fashion that year...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Ian OB

You'd a fine set of pins back in the day Wibbs😁⤴️😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Wearing the Sinn 103 military markIV today. A trip to the hospital with the Mrs and shopping and a bite of lunch to follow.

Hoping the news today is as good as the little bit we had from the surgeon on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Good at shaving aswell

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Picked up this morning, chuffed to bits with it. I was slightly worried the 41 would look too big but I believe it’s actually closer to 39.5mm. Really pleased with how it wears. However with that domed bezel I don’t see it being a daily. Reckon I’ll have a nervous breakdown with the first hairline mark on it :) Now the mission for a Sub begins!

PS - not sure how to post pics portrait

Well wear on your new purchase.... enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭scwazrh

If you do a minor crop on the image before uploading it seems to post them the correct way around

So finally got around to getting a grand Seiko .Went for the snowflake as for me it’s the grand Seiko to get .

I don’t like titanium watches , don’t like white dial and have always thought the polishing was over hyped but I couldn’t of been more wrong , this is on another level .This is so far ahead of anything else I own , I’m beyond impressed with it .My photos do not do it justice at all.

It looks dignified.... if that's a way to describe a watch.

Wear it well and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

I’m big a fan of Grand Seiko, only have one at the moment but I intend to pick up another at some point. That’s a stunning watch scwazrh, a beautiful dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭893bet

Nice and good value at their price point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Stunning watch, movement and finishing is amazing obviously, but I love the dials GS put out. Some really cool unique designs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Nothing wrong with the second picture anyway Scwazrh, love the textured dial. Fantastic watch, enjoy it in good health.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Love the precision of the hands and time indices. Nice!

Really enjoying this watch ,I’ve worn it all week which is unusual for me even whenit’s a new addition.It’s amazing how different it looks depending on how the light hits it.In some light it’s as if the hands and indices are outlined in black .

Now not to go into full GS nerd mode but the Zaratsu polishing really is very noticeable .Id never noticed it before when I tried them on but it’s one of those things that you need to see for some time as opposed to a quick try in a shop under artificial lighting .I wasn’t expecting the braclet to be comfortable but it is , probably because it weighs next to nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I didn't care for the bracelet all that much, so trying out a few leather options instead. I miss the look of the Zenith, but this is a far better size for me and hasn't left my wrist yet.

Eventually jumped off the fence and went for the Sinn U1SE. Found one in Italy at decent money. Had it within 48hrs. Well chuffed I am. Bracelet seems to balance out its weight on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

For the newbie... what is POIDH please?

Looks class.... I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Pictures Or It Didn’t Happen

POIDH

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement