Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Allwheelsgood

Ahhh.... thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Very nice.

Clean and crisp design.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Lovely looking Sinn! Enjoy your new watch 🙂

SBDC003 - Seiko Blumo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Not really a massive diver fan, but I always felt like wearing one every now and then. For this I had a Seiko SKX013, but I wasn't really happy with the overall quality and moved it on to be replaced with something else.

In the end I got a Steinhart Ocean One 39 GMT from new. Which for the first time I'm wearing for more than a day and its really after growing on me. Its a great size, wears very comfortably and it looks really good IMO. Have it on me now for 2 weeks and loving it. At a marginally higher price point than the SKX there really is no comparison IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Allwheelsgood

Nice looking piece.... wear it well.

Can I ask... with it being a GMT model does the outer bezel rotate both ways depending on your timezone or is it diver style going one way so it can only err on safety by reducing your bottom time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Looks lovely, what is your wrist size? Am trying to gauge watch sizes and how they fit.

cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Also a question, is it a flyer or caller type GMT? Ie when you change the time does the gmt hand change too or does it maintain it’s time?

Thanks everyone!

The bezel rotates only in one direction, counter clock wise, and the clicks are fairly sturdy. Everything about this watch is very solid and sturdy. It doesn't feel like a watch only a little more expensive than an SKX. It feels and looks like a really 'good watch'.

I have a small wrist 7" or just a tiny bit over. Had to take a few segments out of that bracelet. Its why I prefer my watches to be 39mm or smaller even.

The GMT hand moves when I adjust the time.

You would be hard pressed to find a better built watch at that price! Steinhart's are awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭scwazrh

You have me thinking now - is there an overall better built watch and bracelet for under €500 ? Seiko, citizen obviously fail on the bracelet, Anything in longines is double that price point and then bracelets aren’t great either.Hamilton are great but not sure on bracelet quality either .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Agree, had a pepsi GMT that I bought from Fitz for a while and it was great bang for the buck.

I couldn't gel with the size, it just felt too small for me and I sold it on. I do find myself tempted to get another one. Their 42mm Ocean one GMT catches my eye every once in a while.

@banie01 I had the same experience with the 39mm watch, it was a little bit of too small for me, but the 42mm versions work great for my wrist.

@scwazrh Good question... Of all the watches that have come through my collection I think that Raven is the one that comes close, but the price is €700+ to buy new, so I think Steinhart beats it for value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Have a 39mm GMT pepsi for sale if anyone wants to test the water with one..... 😉

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Probably one of the best bang for your buck watch brands out there. Some day I hope to get my one back from OH's wrist. Actually that might be easier since one of the bracelet screws fell out recently. Anyone know where to get a replacement? I have a few spare links in the box, hopefully when I find the box there will be one there.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Tressa Lux day/date for me today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yesterday and today:

Second version of the French LIP Nautic-Ski diver in a Super-Compressor case from the late 60's. Dial colourway designed by Pierre Cardin.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This is amazing.

Would it be inappropriate to ask how many watches you have? No worries if the answer to that was 'yes', I'm just really curious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yes. 😁

Around twenty Cal. All vintage, mostly very early wristwatches and very early "electronic" with a few military issued watches.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Younger readers might want to look away for this one. I had to take the bracelet off the Steinhart, SHMBO lost a screw from the bracelet. I failed to get the spring bar out, at first.

Then I used a Bergeon screw driver as a chisel to dig away the spring bar. Eventuality got it out.

Just a word of warning, there are smooth spring bars and ones with a lug at one end, this was a smooth spring bar. If you are putting a bracelet on a watch make sure you use a lugged spring bar. Finally, Bergeon screw drivers are pretty tough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭893bet

Belongs in the guntering thread!

What’s it covered in ? That can’t be normal watch gunk , I’ve never seen a watch that dirty .

I didn't analyse it. Do women slobber on a lot of hand cream or moisturiser? I needn't ever list it for sale here in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Were those the springbars if came with or did you use them by mistake fitting the bracelet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

That watch is a biohazard, what on earth happened to it.

The other side had the proper lugged type. I bought it used, so I guess when new it had the lugged spring bars. I can't remember what spring bars I used, I must have used the smooth one as it was on a NATO about 5 years ago.

I’m still in honeymoon stage with the snowflake.One unexpected thing I’ve noticed is that it’s not an instantaneous date change.Not a big deal but for what is supposed to be such an advanced movement you would think it would be an immediate date change over .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

That watch looks like it was taken off a severely decomposing body... also looks like traces of lime on it 😳

Note to self, don't agree to meet Blue5000 up the mountains for a watch trade 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

king turtle save the ocean manta ray

Advertisement