Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Wet morning here. Milking done and off to do a neighbour's shopping. The poor fella is cracking up and I don't blame him. He doesn't see a sinner all week. He's asked me to get him "one of those magazines". I don't know whether he just means the Farmers Journal :D Looking forward to the hurling later. Should be a cracker. Have a good one lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Mossie1975 wrote: »
    Wet morning here. Milking done and off to do a neighbour's shopping. The poor fella is cracking up and I don't blame him. He doesn't see a sinner all week. He's asked me to get him "one of those magazines". I don't know whether he just means the Farmers Journal :D Looking forward to the hurling later. Should be a cracker. Have a good one lads!

Playboy I’d say. Or does it’s not sold anymore maybe Ireland’s own. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Mossie1975 wrote: »

Even in ordinary times lads like this are isolated. We deal with allot of older bachelor farmers at work and sometimes they just want a chat and a bit of crack. I talk to them on the phone at the moment but it’s not near the same to them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

_Brian wrote: »
    Even in ordinary times lads like this are isolated. We deal with allot of older bachelor farmers at work and sometimes they just want a chat and a bit of crack. I talk to them on the phone at the moment but it’s not near the same to them

There's some auld fells which are great craic! One beside me is hilarious as he'll curse & swear and be crude in front of myself & Dad but is as polite in front of my Mum :D
    And if he calls into me & Dad isn't here, his first question is usually, "Well lassie, any jiggy-jiggy latey?" :pac::D

These days he sometimes stays in the jeep outside but sure as I'm alone & watching who I interact with etc, he often comes in here, won't go into the parents house though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Playboy I’d say. Or does it’s not sold anymore maybe Ireland’s own. :)

There's very good articles in Playboy.

Apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I had arranged to meet a guy at Ennis mart during the week. He was in the unloading queue when I arrived and I went walk about to stretch the legs.

Saw an old timer (older than myself 🙄) whom I knew from way back, standing around kinda looking for a chat.

Went over and and chatting away I mentioned he didn't get to lisdoonvara this year. And it was maybe as well as he might pick up the virus

F#&k it he says if I did at least I'd die happy.

Thinking back I think he was semi serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

There's very good articles in Playboy.

Apparently.

Afaik they've had a long running series on rabbits or something like that based at the bunnies ranch in Los Angeles ... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,090 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

My nephew was talking to the surgeon today, he fully expects to have my nephew shearing by the 2022 season, a young fellow that shears with him is taking over for the 2021 year. it's great news, he's nearly like a son here so we're all delighted.
    The bulding/carpentry business will be more difficult to sort I think, himself and his business partner have a huge amount of work on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭Grueller

wrangler wrote: »
    My nephew was talking to the surgeon today, he fully expects to have my nephew shearing by the 2022 season, a young fellow that shears with him is taking over for the 2021 year. it's great news, he's nearly like a son here so we're all delighted.
    The bulding/carpentry business will be more difficult to sort I think, himself and his business partner have a huge amount of work on

The work will get done. Once he makes a full recovery himself I would worry about nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

Had a family member that got their hand absolutely flattened by a post driver.
    Looked bad after the operation, all wire and pins.
    When it healed he had no movement whatsoever.
    But a great physio in uhg worked hard on him, tolook at him today not a bother.
    It brilliant what they can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,232 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Just reading there 7 people have died after drinking hand sanitizer at a party in Russia, 2 people are in intensive care

148multi wrote: »
    Had a family member that got their hand absolutely flattened by a post driver.
    Looked bad after the operation, all wire and pins.
    When it healed he had no movement whatsoever.
    But a great physio in uhg worked hard on him, tolook at him today not a bother.
    It brilliant what they can do.

This guy has some movement coming already, the wire going through the hand and fingers is weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

whelan2 wrote: »
    Just reading there 7 people have died after drinking hand sanitizer at a party in Russia, 2 people are in intensive care

Must have been Donald Trump supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Must have been Donald Trump supporters

Or fans of Father Jack..

I think there was something before in the irish prisons here where they had to change the alcohol based sanitizer as inmates were diluting and downing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭White Clover

Great news. With a positive attitude like that, he will do fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

whelan2 wrote: »

Methanol poisoning?

Great news. With a positive attitude like that, he will do fine.

He's positive anyway, despite being around me a lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭White Clover

He's positive anyway, despite being around me a lot :D

That says a lot alright!!

Only messing!

Spent a few hours round my mams house. She told me she’s been catching one or two mice a week.

Found very little as regards entry points. Single story extension, where sewer enters the facia 10ft off the ground was only real entry point I could find. Would mice climb up a plaster wall ??

Have to go back and move some pots and stuff, she has a heap of stuff stacked at the back of the house out of the way but it’s giving mice place to hang about id say.

Spent a few hours round my mams house. She told me she’s been catching one or two mice a week.

Found very little as regards entry points. Single story extension, where sewer enters the facia 10ft off the ground was only real entry point I could find. Would mice climb up a plaster wall ??

Have to go back and move some pots and stuff, she has a heap of stuff stacked at the back of the house out of the way but it’s giving mice place to hang about id say.

Set the traps in the attic too.

It only takes a pair of mice to get in (could be from an open door or window) and they'll have litters and they'll have litters.

If you have traps in the attic you'll have the attic and cavity walls covered.
    They'd nearly climb glass.

Be no harm to give a look into the water tank in the attic when you're up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Mice can fit in an area the size of a biro head.

Set the traps in the attic too.

It only takes a pair of mice to get in (could be from an open door or window) and they'll have litters and they'll have litters.

If you have traps in the attic you'll have the attic and cavity walls covered.
    They'd nearly climb glass.

Be no harm to give a look into the water tank in the attic when you're up there.

Crawl space has no access at all.

Crawl space has no access at all.

https://www.adverts.ie/chainsaws/chainsaw/22179446

;)

Thanks.
    Can just see the face on her 😱

It took me half hour to convince her not to be putting the toaster into the press under the sink where the droppings are, whatever the hell the Protestant obsession with keeping the toaster in the press is ?? She hasn’t heard this before but got a great laugh at it. She’s always thought her sister has no toaster but not wonders if she has it in a press too 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

There's some auld fells which are great craic! One beside me is hilarious as he'll curse & swear and be crude in front of myself & Dad but is as polite in front of my Mum :D
    And if he calls into me & Dad isn't here, his first question is usually, "Well lassie, any jiggy-jiggy latey?" :pac::D

These days he sometimes stays in the jeep outside but sure as I'm alone & watching who I interact with etc, he often comes in here, won't go into the parents house though.

There was a very auld lad here, wrecked with arthritis but fiercely independent. It would nearly take him an hour to get or down off the tractor.
    He lived out of the kitchen and living room, used to sleep on a couch with an infra-red lamp overhead. One day a new public health nurse called.
    When himself heard the knocking, he sits up and shouts come in, the nurse walks in to your man sitting under the red light and tapping the couch with his hand saying "sit down here girleen".
    It wasn't the best ice breaker ever. 😂

Thanks.
    Can just see the face on her 😱

It took me half hour to convince her not to be putting the toaster into the press under the sink where the droppings are, whatever the hell the Protestant obsession with keeping the toaster in the press is ?? She hasn’t heard this before but got a great laugh at it. She’s always thought her sister has no toaster but not wonders if she has it in a press too 🙄
    Posh proddies for ya!

The normal one's keep it on the washing machine.

It does sound like they're breeding somewhere in the house. Being under the sink they could be squeezing in beside the pipes. I'd bags they're in the cavity walls.
    Just keep setting traps under the sink till you get the end of them.
    - the mice that is.

Posh proddies for ya!

The normal one's keep it on the washing machine.

It does sound like they're breeding somewhere in the house. Being under the sink they could be squeezing in beside the pipes. I'd bags they're in the cavity walls.
    Just keep setting traps under the sink till you get the end of them.
    - the mice that is.

I sealed one high up entry point, 10ft off the ground, it’s possibly they were climbing along the sewer pipe and entering there, all lower Pipes are all tightly plastered. They are moving between the hot press and kitchen. I’ve set traps in both. The hot press is poorly sealed to the crawl space above which was open to the hole I sealed off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I sealed one high up entry point, 10ft off the ground, it’s possibly they were climbing along the sewer pipe and entering there, all lower Pipes are all tightly plastered. They are moving between the hot press and kitchen. I’ve set traps in both. The hot press is poorly sealed to the crawl space above which was open to the hole I sealed off.

Check where the dishwasher pipe goes into the pvc drain pipe. I presume all protestants have a dishwasher:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Check where the dishwasher pipe goes into the pvc drain pipe. I presume all protestants have a dishwasher:D

Jasus I thought you were one of us west brits, you never know where you're talking do you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭Grueller

blue5000 wrote: »

They get the servants to wash them dont you know

Advertisement