Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Anyone get a text saying Tesla will deliver it to your preferred location?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Aph2016 wrote: »

Yup. Wonder will this bring the delivery date a day or two sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Yup!

I asked if the pickup was still an option at Sandyford and was told no.

I also couldn't respond to the text so I emailed my address over! :)

Prefer the home delivery to be honest. Easier to spot any issues.

I think you have 1 month to see if there are problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Yup, just responded with my address. Annoying it's an American number you have to text back to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Very exciting having the car delivered!?
    Want to see plenty of pics when you get em!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

jusmeig wrote: »
    Very exciting having the car delivered!?
    Want to see plenty of pics when you get em!

Oh there'll be pics alright ... many many pics. Feckin' Tesla fanbois :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Maybe this is a silly question but are we sure that the MIC SR+ comes with a heat pump??
    Is it possible that the additional range comes from the extra LFP batteries?

Dozz wrote: »
    Maybe this is a silly question but are we sure that the MIC SR+ comes with a heat pump??
    Is it possible that the additional range comes from the extra LFP batteries?

This being the first batch of RHD MIC model 3s I suppose no one will really know what they come with until they arrive

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

This being the first batch of RHD MIC model 3s I suppose no one will really know what they come with until they arrive

Yeah, anyone want to offer up their brand new SR+ when they get it for a tear down so we can figure out once and for all what is and isn't included with it!!

Yeah, anyone want to offer up their brand new SR+ when they get it for a tear down so we can figure out once and for all what is and isn't included with it!!

No need for a tear down heat pump wise anyway. When you lift the hood up near the windscreen there's a grill for air con intake. On the old system there's 4 or 5 panels open like a grill. On heat pump only 2 panels are open the rest are solid

• Advertisement

Will (SR+) have the heat pump, new door trim and LFP batteries. Just confirmed on live chat

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

When the Y was launched Musk promised ALL new Tesla's or refreshes would include a heat pump, line up now complete apart from refresh X

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 driver123

After chatting to Sandyford, I ordered earlier this week a Long Range AWD Model 3 from Inventory. I've been asked to pay be end Feb for delivery at end of Feb/Start of March. I can see my on my booking invoice with a MIC Vin.
    Can't wait. Apologies to those who have been waiting a long time ;)

Welcome aboard

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

driver123 wrote: »
    After chatting to Sandyford, I ordered earlier this week a Long Range AWD Model 3 from Inventory. I've been asked to pay be end Feb for delivery at end of Feb/Start of March. I can see my on my booking invoice with a MIC Vin.
    Can't wait. Apologies to those who have been waiting a long time ;)

Welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 driver123

On my trade in, after teslas "auction/trade" valuation, I went to the dealer who I bought the car from originally, and they offered me a much fairer price to buy the car back from me.

On my trade in, after teslas "auction/trade" valuation, I went to the dealer who I bought the car from originally, and they offered me a much fairer price to buy the car back from me.

yeah, that's the norm..

Tesla dont deal with trade in's, they simply send your car details out to the trade, and whoever comes back with the highest offer, if the offer they give you....

Same for me - got 10k more than Tesla offered on trade in. And now that they are delivering the car to my house it’s all worked out perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Just curious whom you guys sell the old car to? Do you just contact some second-hand dealers in your area? Online or offline?

I had a trade-in offer from Tesla which is quite low, but when I get to some of the online car dealers, the price came back even lower.

• Advertisement

Sam W wrote: »
    Just curious whom you guys sell the old car to? Do you just contact some second-hand dealers in your area? Online or offline?

I had a trade-in offer from Tesla which is quite low, but when I get to some of the online car dealers, the price came back even lower.

I used this site:

https://www.usedcarbuyer.ie/

Eoghan was great to deal with.

I know others have used Autobuy and ZuCar

ZuCar too. They are Joe Duffey motors

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Great advice re where to offload an old car I thought these were dodgy sites - will give them a go - I was actually happy with the Tesla offer but didn’t think it would come to fruition.

I phoned one of those lads a few years back as I had a S-Max that wasn't shifting for me, got a decent offer so said I'd go for it with them.
    Never heard from them again once I accepted their offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Got a call from Tesla today. 1st contact after placing order in Oct
    Was told Model 3 performance orders pushed back to end of May with the 2nd quarter shipment. Brexit was the excuse. Asked me to switch to a Long range instead for faster delivery.
    My very 1st order was in July 2019 (when orders opened up) and cancelled the order when they didn't deliver as promised in Feb 2020. (Because they kept postponing deliveries)
    Now this!!! Beginning to think its not meant to be

rg_lv wrote: »
    Was told Model 3 performance orders pushed back to end of May with the 2nd quarter shipment. Brexit was the excuse. Asked me to switch to a Long range instead for faster delivery.
    My very 1st order was in July 2019 (when orders opened up) and cancelled the order when they didn't deliver as promised in Feb 2020. (Because they kept postponing deliveries)

They can be very frustrating to deal with alright. You nearly get more information in here than from the dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Tesla ordering works like this: you put an order down with a small deposit and eventually get a car with whatever parts Tesla happen to be throwing together at the time.

It's simultaneously idiotic and absolutely fine.

Lumen wrote: »
    Tesla ordering works like this: you put an order down with a small deposit and eventually get a car with whatever parts Tesla happen to be throwing together at the time.

It's simultaneously idiotic and absolutely fine.

But so so worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Intodeep

rg_lv wrote: »

But so worth it when it does arrive. It’s a great machine!

• Advertisement

Don't know if this is new or not but the Irish Tesla site is now showing UK stock as available New Model 3 current inventory, pricing in Euros.
    41 cars there at the minute...moving on non MIC perhaps?

Advertisement