Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭sk8board

2nd hand M3 market update-

listings are the same, 65.

cheapest is now €35k, a 192 sr+ with 4 new tyres, 12mo tax and just 41k kms - v tidy looking car, and has dropped its original price.

That’s an €8k adjustment in just 3.5wks (pre Jan 13th cheapest was €42.9k for a high mileage outlier. Then €44k).

the cheapest LR is a v low mileage 201 MIC €46k. €8k less than current list price.

interesting that the cheapest cars are both low mileage and tidy, but not selling, one is a Private ad.

I’m guessing that plenty folks like me are watching to see where things plateau. Still plenty dealer cars heavily under water to get sold first.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 asdasdadad

I have to contact with them directly to find out decision 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RM Ernest

That's carzone yes?

DD has been stable enough, little movement overall.

Cheapest sr+ is now 33.5k and cheapest LR is at 39.5k. Both private sales. Both look very clean from the photos.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Id hold until the summer if I was selling.

Possible price increases, waiting times slipping and grant alterations may mean a bit more equity.

Or Elon announces another price cut so sell now 😉

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can’t see that happening but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Agree, id say possibly the Model Y increasing in price to further separate it from the M3. So many going for the Y over it, so M3 sales will be even lower overall, but hard to say how many MY their making over M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

first sub 40K on the Tesla inventory ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Its taking along time for them to reduce prices, obviously they have to sell all the new cars but hopefully they drop them after Mar/April when they have a load of trade ins and the new cars sold.

Problem with used inventory is that your being forced to pay more for EAP. Not that it will puts folks off as the extra warranty adds to this value too. The prices are still way to high for what stock they have there. Makes some sense waiting until new orders are fulfilled to drop them, but also means there will be tons of more used on the market, further pushing prices down.

I have a sneaky feeling their not dropping the used prices as they may increase the price of the M3/MY again. Would be really messed up if they did that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Didn't prices already go up in the US for the Model Y

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

I really had my doubts about Sentry and its ridiculous power consumption (uses more than the base load of the 2000 sqft house I'm living in).

I found a deep dent on one of my passenger doors when I arrived at work morning. Went digging back through Sentry clips and eventually someone carelessly hitting the door while parked last Sunday. I got lucky and the front camera just about caught the person's registration as he was driving past my car before reversing in.

This being Germany, I now have a police report and the person's name and address to pass on to my insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

They did by something in the region of 1,000-1,500 dollars if I remember correctly. Think the price of the 3 dropped a little at the same time.

Now that is a testament to its usefulness. I tend to turn it on anytime its parked where something like this can happen. Even when I don't need to really charge, i use EV chargers at shopping centres, limit power draw and keep sentry running.

Is their details as to why sentry demands so much power. I know its recording 4-5 cameras and that takes processing, but 5 smarts phones would use 30w across them all to do the same thing. Each with their own cameras.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sentry isn’t just the camera’s recording… the car remains ‘awake’ when Sentry mode is on, so every system, sensor & CPU is continuously on just like if you were sitting in the car with it in D but just not driving…

it’s a small price to pay for the peace of mind that your car is being watched…

the new setting of detect threats only is much more power consumption friendly and results in much fewer Sentry events (in fact since the new setting came in I haven’t had a single sentry event record… whereas before I’d have had hundreds…)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭sk8board

Cheapest carzone m3 is now €32k, before any negotiation - a white 201 sr+ with 115k kms. Private listing

cheapest LR is now a 201 with 85k kms for €39k. Garage listing

Both high mileage obviously, but it should matter less on an EV.

about normal depreciation over 3 years for a €50k or €63k car.

Prices definitely adjusting fast if you’re looking for a quick sale, the cheapest examples dropping over €10k in just under a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

2nd Feb: 2,242 EVs on DD and 2,060 EVs on CarZone

10th Feb: 2,366 EVs on DD and 2,188 EVs on CZ

Above is mostly due to the Tesla effect, but also quite a few getting ID.4s and MGs from anecdotal information. The number of Teslas is fairly stable, perhaps slightly decreasing, but perhaps another batch incoming as lots of EV owners who have VINs might be keeping their cars until closer to delivery, even if their selling price will decrease somewhat.

From keeping an eye on done deal the lower mileage original sr+ seem to be selling quickly once down at around 33k.

The cheapest private 2020 LR with 53kkm at €39.5k during the week has been marked as sold.

Independent dealers are reducing prices over the last week as well.

No jump in numbers for sale this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

This is probably ultimately good news for EV transition.

Shows that EVs have potential to become more affordable relatively speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭wassie

Ionity Athlone not showing up in the charger list for me. No pre-heating available as a result (workaround is to select ESB Athlone).

Anyone else get same result?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

My understanding is that Teslas list of non Tesla chargers in the car is dynamic.

They look at usage by Teslas at locations over a period.

And all locations must meet reliability target.

So locations can be added or removed from the list by Tesla...

I understand what they are trying to do but to me it's just Tesla trying to be too clever.

I wish they'd just let you select any charger on your route and pre heat accordingly.

The car systems should be set up to handle a non charge due to charger failure situation.

Or cop on to the fact that your journey (as per sat nav final destination) is more then cars range and thus realise you will need to charge and be ready to deal with your instructions.

Even if what you want isn't quite how the guy in California thinks you should do.

Unfortunately battery pre conditioning is still in relatively early days in terms of getting the implementation perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭eagerv

At times I would prefer when navigating to a SuC that the car didn't preheat, the longest single trips I would normally do are about 400 km. All I need is a very short stop, hardly time to use the loo..☺️. I suppose I can (And have done) just navigate to the services rather than the SuC.

Definitely need a prompt for pre-heating as an option. Can be added for any destinations within a few KM of a charger and more so for when your battery wouldn't be high enough for return trip. Won't suit every situation but would suit 90 percent of journeys

They don't want you blocking the charger for too long 🙂

Travelling with kids it's impossible to have everyone back in the car before the charging is finished. Always have to move it while they're still eating.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So…I’ve ordered the wiring harness to enable the four front speakers physically installed in the car but not enabled, these are higher frequencies so will not add to depth I’m looking for, my era 3 does not have the rear speakers installed but I’ll wait and see how the front 4 perform before contemplating installing them as they are only surround speakers.

Anyone here added an after market sub?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Where did you order them from? I was looking at this previously and the results appear quite good, please let us know how you get on, it’s on my long list of things to do if I can find the time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Fair play. Some a**holes would just leave it parked there until they come back with the kids. So unnecessarily blocking the charger.

A per minute overstay fee is a small incentive to move it 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Oh right I don't have a ev so didn't know. Well at least they thought of everything when designing the network.

Advertisement