Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Open 2020

Options

Comments

3 apiece.

I like Judd from here. Feels like he has done well, and, for all that he's played a
    few risky shots and made a few mistakes John hasn't pulled away with all the chances
    he's been gifted. John not making enough hay to win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Don't think Judd is quite at full pelt this week really and higgins missing the odd one alright but still striking cue ball so sweetly. Interestingly poised.

Wonder what was up there? Something about pouring water I think.

Horrible red Judd left Higgins there, has to go for it really. Lovely pink from Judd after. Likely he'll find his stride here at the right time, higgins just not pushed the advantage home enough.

Bad miss on the black from John - maybe a kick.
    Played a timid enough shot on the long red to leave
    the black difficult though. Maybe he was thinking about that white
    follow through to centre pocket a few shots earlier. I don't play
    snooker myself, but hoping to get plum on the black with a plainball
    struck white he was trusting too much to luck imo.

• Advertisement

Bad miss on the black from John - maybe a kick.
    Played a timid enough shot on the long red to leave
    the black difficult though. Maybe he was thinking about that white
    follow through to centre pocket a few shots earlier. I don't play
    snooker myself, but hoping to get plum on the black with a plainball
    struck white he was trusting too much to luck imo.

I think he was ok on black, just made a hames of it, whether a kick or not, didn't react as if it was. It's gone a bit ragged last couple of frames, higgins lost his early rhythm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Judd really has the measure of John these last few years. I remember Judd saying recently after beating him 'John he's definately not as good as he was and i feel i can beat him all the time now'. And it looks like he really can.

Anyway im sticking with my midweek prediction that Robertson is going to lift the trophy. Two lefties in a final. Two great players. Looking forward to it.

Robbo had the advantage in this 4th frame and Trump was in all sorts of bother in a tricky snooker but with a bit of hit and hope he leaves the reds safe and to rub salt into Robbo's wound he lands a lucky snooker himself that Robbo fails miserably to get out of. And even worse leaves Judd a sitter to clear up. Judd opens up a 3-1 lead at the interval and looking the stronger player overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Some red by Trump at the start of the 5th. Still only got 1 point mind.

Robertson upping his game since the interval.

• Advertisement

Three on the spin for Robbo. Trump now throwing in the odd miss. 4-3 to the Aussie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Robertson in again

How did Joe Johnson think that red miight go? Wasn't even close. If he's looking at the same camera as the rest of us his eyes are banjaxed.

Judd really struggling at the moment. He'll be delighted if he gets out 4-4

That was sensational, best I've ever seen at those long pots.

That red were a "ramtoozeler" :pac:

As JJ is wont to say

Pretty entertaining final as was expected. These Home Nations regularly provide high quality finals. All to play for tonight. Time to get the Sunday dinner ready now: beans on toast :)

Stunning red.

Finely poised. Should be a good evenings snooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Vier - Vier at the break according to my commentator.

Robertson on a roll there, Trump happy to get the 8th frame.

Vier - Vier at the break according to my commentator.

Robertson on a roll there, Trump happy to get the 8th frame.

Don't know if you have Quest, but it's on that channel - final session on Eurosport + Quest also this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Don't know if you have Quest, but it's on that channel - final session on Eurosport + Quest also this evening.

Used to have it, recently moved so don’t have anything at the moment! Having to be creative get a bit of tv...

Robbo makes a move and clears up with a stunning 75. Small bit of breathing space. 6-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Trump looks broken which you don't see often.

Top class snooker from Robbo. Judd has no answer.

Fact is judd hasn't been that good all week, by his standard at least. Against wilson he was decent but that apart, it's all been in snatches. Still wouldn't rule him out but probably fair enough he won't win a title with what I'd barely call his b game.

And robbo is playing well which has to be said too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

7-5 now. If Trump can win the first frame after the interval, he'll back in it.

Robbo butchered that opening red when the easier ball to the middle was perhaps the better option (even allowing for unknown position). Judd did what he had to do and pegged a frame back to give Robbo a little food for thought while he's sipping his herbal tea during the interval.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Trump just one behind Robertson after that. Great shot into the top corner to start that break.

• Advertisement

Digging in like he's been doing all week. And going up through the gears too. So it is quite nicely poised.

Advertisement