Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Open 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

You must have the Eurosport Player Joe? I was looking at Flash Score for about an hour and it was 3-3. So Selby is through. Three big hitters left, Selby, Trump and Robbo. Interesting. I do enjoy the four Home Nations tournaments.

I do but was watching that on a bookmakers site. Was a rerack last frame so went on a bit. Higgins is there too, i wouldn't forget him. Says switching over to new chalk and using a new titanium ferrule has given him new confidence, talking a good game anyway. Hard to call at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I do but was watching that on a bookmakers site. Was a rerack last frame so went on a bit. Higgins is there too, i wouldn't forget him. Says switching over to new chalk and using a new titanium ferrule has given him new confidence, talking a good game anyway. Hard to call at this stage.

Good stuff. The ole re rack. Yea i forgot John Higgins. Actually haven't even seen his face this week yetand ive watched a fair amount of snooker. Johngets al ot of stick in some quarters but i think he's a class act.

Good stuff. The ole re rack. Yea i forgot John Higgins. Actually haven't even seen his face this week yetand ive watched a fair amount of snooker. Johngets al ot of stick in some quarters but i think he's a class act.

Only seen bits of him play and just caught end of interview the other day when he mentioned how confident he was cueing which caught my eye cos he's usually straight up on the level about his game. Should be handy for him tomorrow you'd think.

As bad a kick as you'll see for poor Kyren Wilson there. Not what you need when your opponent looks like he's cueing well.

Watched both earlier matches today. Zhou cleared up in good style to lead Selby 2-1 but it was all Selby after that.

Jak Jones won the second frame v John Higgins and after John missed a long plant he left Jones in perfect amongst the balls with a sizeable break at his mercy. Unbelievably he missed the first black and broke down on one. John cleaned up and Jones never recovered.

• Advertisement

What is it with the Wilsons and their barnets? Kyren looks ridiculous with his goatee beard and blond bleached hair while Gary was going around like Travis Bickle out of Taxi Driver with a bizarre mohican last year. Do they share the same barber? If so he needs sacking.

Dreadful frame this. So many poorly executed shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Doesn't look good for Wilson here. Anyone watching the Robertson V Williams match?

Judd not really happy how he played. Thinks he should have won 5-0!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Some century there from Robertson, clearance didn’t look on.

• Advertisement

Wilson was woeful tonight. He's not easy on the eye on his best form but that was so bad. Good stuff Judd. Looks like two belter semi finals now. Heavy hitters going toe-to-toe. A mental-midget free zone .

Why is Eurosport not showing the Selby v Robertson semi final? Didn't the same happen before? Disappointing to show the full week but miss one of the most important matches.

As a last resort i think all the big bookie websites would be streaming it. Not sure you even need a funded a/c to watch it, not on betfair anyhow.

As a last resort i think all the big bookie websites would be streaming it. Not sure you even need a funded a/c to watch it, not on betfair anyhow.

I never streamed any sport would you believe. Wouldnt know where to start. I have Sky Sports for all the football. And Eurosport for all the snooker. So why did Eurosport do this? It's poor form for a station that has done so much for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

Robertson cueing lovely here.

Livestreams and apps :(

If it can't be watched by hitting a button or 3 on a remote control, then
    it's beyond a lot of people (me anyway :o) to watch live sport nowadays it seems; even those with internet access.

Email addresses, subscriptions etc = a lot of hassle and annoyance, and that's not even considering privacy and the likes.

No interest in the Giro d'Italia myself..

weemcd wrote: »
    Robertson cueing lovely here.

They are both playing well, it's a good contest. Thought selby didn't get much of the run earlier and with robbo looking sweet, match could have got away. Still well in it though, might go all the way this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I'm assuming the Eurosport scheduling screw up is an isolated incident. It is on Quest FTA.

They will probably say we've put it on Quest and it's not usual for the Giro d'Italia to be on in October.

Matchroom live are the tournament sponsors. They have a lof of snooker content. Never went into it before. Will sign up and have a look at what is free there.

Some fluke for Robertson. Red was a few thou off the cushion but
    then started hugging it

• Advertisement

Big fluke for robbo but selby just played two of the worst safety shots I've seen in ages. Tipping up to reds is just so cowardly, always happy to see it punished.

This is Selby's type of frame now. Even though he's behind I'd fancy him to still nick this one.

And to be fair, some really clever safety then wins the frame for him. That shot in green was very brave and reaped the reward. Great match this.

I'm assuming the Eurosport scheduling screw up is an isolated incident. It is on Quest FTA.

They will probably say we've put it on Quest and it's not usual for the Giro d'Italia to be on in October.

Thanks Arfur :)

Never even considered an alternate channel, and if I did I wouldn't have noticed, as 'Gold Divers' is scheduled on this channel.

Robbo should kill it off here. 1 or 2 good shots required yet though.

Selby back in. Poor blue to the middle from Robertson, but the standard has been very good in this match from what I've seen.

No idea what robbo was doing on that blue to leave white where he did, was good shot by selby to get behind green.

Taking these well. Fair result on balance I think, robbo just the better player overall. Good match.

John must have been born in America.

"Native New Yorker" his entrance tune :pac:

Poor safety mistake costs Judd 1st frame.

A good break in frame 2, but he needed to pull
    out 1 rescue shot too many to win in that visit.
    Great long red shortly after and gone on to leave honours
    even at 1 apiece.

• Advertisement

I could see Higgins stepping out to Odyssey in one of those 70s discos he probably frequents between tournaments.

Looking decent here though, could be another good match.

Advertisement