Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Open 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Deja vu all over again. Holt already missed one decent trick there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

What a miss by Holt with the balls at his mercy. A ppor pink in last frame followed by an easy red here in Frame 6. Holt looks to be bottling it.

Judds opponents have had eight attempts at winning the match winning frame so far. Will it be ninth frame lucky for Michael Holt?

Bit unlucky with the split. Might have used a bit more power.

Exciting final frame this. Both players had decent chances. Holt hanging in there.

• Advertisement

What a poor shot selection from Holt there. His last shot of the tournament. Really silly. I think he fell asunder mentally. And Judd uses up his third get out of jail card to somehow stumble into Rd 4. Mad match.

Biy of a snooker treat today. Judd followed by Ronnie. Possibly Judd again later and maybe even.Ronnie for a second time too. Snooker Bonanza.

The shorter frame matches were supposed to be a bit of a leveller against the top players but Ronnie has reached the quarter finals in 11 of 15 Home Nations events so far. He usually swats aside the lower players I think first to 4 frames is enough for the cream to rise to the top.

Ronnie staring down the barrel here, losing 3-1 to Matthew Stephens. Stephens rolling back the years with some tidy snooker.

Was sure that red was destined for near knuckle and not going in.. Stevens' to lose now

• Advertisement

Well done Matthew Stephens on a fine victory. As for the Rocket, he must have fuelled up on some dodgy green diesel as he was stuttering and chugging from the get go.

That red ronnie swerved and missed in 4th frame, can't be 100% but i didn't think he needn't to swerve at all, just a touch of right hand side was all it needed. He wasn't on at all today but credit to Stevens for finishing it, showing how it's done.

Well done to Matthew. Hope he's still there tomorrow.

Stevens doing Bo19s every day in practice he says. Still wants it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Can't believe he's only won one ranking tournament. Incredible underachievement!

He did win Pot Black. Not a lot of fellas still playing can say that! Ken another.

He did win Pot Black. Not a lot of fellas still playing can say that! Ken another.

Nearly as prestigious as the Snooker Shoot Out :)

Nearly as prestigious as the Snooker Shoot Out :)

Pot Black will never be able to boast of Michael Georgieu as a champion.

Pot Black will never be able to boast of Michael Georgieu as a champion.

lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

At least Trump won't be going 3-1 down in this game.

• Advertisement

Loving this from Vafaei gone 3-0 up on selby. Potting great and beating Selby tactically too. Always thought this lad had a bundle of talent and still waiting for it to bear fruit. See can he finish the job now!

Spoke too soon! Selby gets 2 snookers, can still tie the frame!

And Selby on the respot. Jinxed that!

I see it's Judd Trump v Kyren Wilson in one of thequarter finals. These guys have met a few times over the last year it seems. No more needle between them apparently. Wilson has a decent head to head v Judd. Clash of styles. A bit of class and flamboyance v a robotic steady eddy. I hope Judd wins.

Wilson used to get to Judd a bit but think latters had the upper hand past few meetings. Remember Judd having a go at kyrens cue action which is a bit rich when you see judds head moving all over the shop!

Great steal from Vafaei to go 3-1. Gutsy performance so far.

Had a quick luck at the draw. If Selby loses it looks like it could open up for Robbo on that side if he can beat Hawkins. I've seen him play few times this week and he's been the most impressive player imo. He's my favourite to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Was pretty ugly stuff from Murphy there. Heard him say earlier he hadn't been practising for some reason so may be off the boil. Well done Lilley anyway.

Looking at Murphys Instagram account it seems he's more interested in his Golf game then his snooker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Selby 3.5 hours into a best of 7 and looks like a way to go. The Torturer is right.

Actually enjoyed that match, vafaei played really well early on but just didn't push home the advantage and paid the price. Was a really good battle all the way.

Looking at Murphys Instagram account it seems he's more interested in his Golf game then his snooker

Just needs a sit down with Fergal asap looks like.

• Advertisement

You must have the Eurosport Player Joe? I was looking at Flash Score for about an hour and it was 3-3. So Selby is through. Three big hitters left, Selby, Trump and Robbo. Interesting. I do enjoy the four Home Nations tournaments.

Advertisement