Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Open 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ollie Lines was very unlucky alright. The regulation states you have to have been 48 hours clear of a contact in the case of a positive test. In his case, i believe he hadn't seen his father for 36 hours so, harsh as it sounds, i don't think there was any choice. There has to be a cut off point somewhere.

Rory not getting any younger... Perhaps his eyesight aint the best :p

Bit like JJ last night on Comms in Ronnie's match... To this viewer it didn't look like a red passed the yellow; Joe was sure it did.. The Frenchman ended up hitting the red.... only to play safe :pac:

@AllForIt, I don't know what I'm on :D

Windows XP means nowt to me.. My computer is functionary at best; good enough for surfing the web and the like; so 'twill do for t'nonce (as they say) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Meanwhile Dale really messed up there letting Wilson back in with a free ball to loose the match when he was about to draw level. Shuda put a colour safe instead of going for that long blue.

Rory not getting any younger... Perhaps his eyesight aint the best :p

Bit like JJ last night on Comms in Ronnie's match... To this viewer it didn't look like a red passed the yellow; Joe was sure it did.. The Frenchman ended up hitting the red.... only to play safe :pac:

I don't mind Joe myself, for all the stick he gets, but his eyes were gone even before he retired. He's shocking on those calls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

So young Hill was beaten last night. I know you get 3,000 for winning first round game..How much do you get for losing in first round. Anyone know ?

^^^^^

Nothing... I think, not fully sure..

^^^^^

Nothing... I think, not fully sure..

Correct.

Not even a few bob to cover the expences. Hotel, travel? Seems a bit harsh.

There is one exception. If your drawn in one of the withheld games in one of the Chinese events, world snooker gives you £300 for expenses. These usually involve top players, but not always. Otherwise it's run along strictly capitalist lines, as in "losers get nothing", to quote the WS chairman.

• Advertisement

Nice handy 83 from Fergal to start with. Because he's basically on a wild card, he's back to zero in terms of points so will be keen to start earning as soon as he can.

Interesting listening to Foulds say it has become a trend recently where a lot of players are conceding a frame when they miss before letting their opponent attempt to clear up. Personally i see nothing wrong with this. If they think the frame is lost well just call it and lets move on to.the next frame. I know it's seen as snooker etiquette to allow your opponent to clear up but it wouldn't bother me if a player conceded against me.

Fergal playing really well here, should be 2-0 wrapped up.

I agree with the conceding when they miss before the other player takes his shot, even if he's advancing towards the table.

I don't like this conceding, though, when the other player is still at the table.. A bit offputting that I feel; like if the other player already requires a snooker, and the one at the table for example pots the last or second to last red.

Kinda like when playing darts, and the other player is advancing when the thrower hasn't even released the third dart :(

I agree with the conceding when they miss before the other player takes his shot, even if he's advancing towards the table.

I don't like this conceding, though, when the other player is still at the table.. A bit offputting that I feel; like if the other player already requires a snooker, and the one at the table for example pots the last or second to last red.

Kinda like when playing darts, and the other player is advancing when the thrower hasn't even released the third dart :(

Yes i agree you shouldn't concede with your opponent at the table. I dont think many do that to be fair.

Looks like Murphy - Milkins going all the way. Pink and black left and Murpjy playing on... needs 2 snookers though

Decider coming up. Milkins levels from 3-1 down.

Was a bad time for milkman to miscue there, but great red from Murphy to set up that match clinching chance.

Fergal loses to Bingham, was a good match, ballrun really upped his game from 0-2. Fergal didn't do much wrong.

Yea pity Fergal didn't take a big scalp. A big bald scalp. Another first round exit must be tough to take. And not a shillng for his efforts.

Never heard of this Heathcote lad but he looks aneasy player on the eye. Nice style. Judd has a game here.

• Advertisement

Super snooker from Judd but good escape from Heathcote.

Ronnie was bigging up this Heathcote lad a few weeks back, so must be doing something right not to be lumped in with all the other trash.

Ronnie was bigging up this Heathcote lad a few weeks back, so must be doing something right not to be lumped in with all the other trash.

:)

Three frames in a row now needed or it's kiss goodbye to the English Open for Judd. Bit of an early shock on the cards.

Think judds just got his worst frame of the season out of the way. That was a pure horror show.

Judd 6/4 to win the next 3 frames. Not sure about that!

Well the 6/4 looking a bit better now. Nearly fancy Heathcote want to get it done now as not sure i could fancy him in a decider, the way he blew it there.

One down two to go for Judd. Decent match this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Jesus Trump is doing his level best to gift him this match.

• Advertisement

Can i still get tjst 6/4 on Judd :)

Advertisement