Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020 :Round 11 Eifel GP Nürburgring

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Inquitus wrote: »
    I'd take Perez, he has driven very well this year, in the pink Mercedes.
    They will never recruit an older driver like Perez who has just been released by another team. It's not Marko's style. He's the one that makes the decision. They can't keep moving Gasly and Kyvat around either so it's a difficult problem but it will be an in house appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Good race today. The Ferrari seems to be improving it certainly looked better this weekend. Delighted for Danny. Cyril will have to get a tattoo now. I do not envy him. Poor Kimi more than ever I think he needs go retire this year. Poor George Russel too. Nick Hulkinberg done good. Sergio very unlucky not to be on the podium today.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

AMKC wrote: »
    Good race today. The Ferrari seems to be improving it certainly looked better this weekend. Delighted for Danny. Cyril will have to get a tattoo now. I do not envy him. Poor Kimi more than ever I think he needs go retire this year. Poor George Russel too. Nick Hulkinberg done good. Sergiovunlucky not to be on the podium today.

BBC suggested it might be a good track for ferrari as it's not very power sensitive. All the ferraris were more competitive as demonstrated by all three ferrari teams scoring points. Good to see ferrari can be somewhat competitive at a track like this. Are there many tracks like this coming up in the rest of the season?

Renault is becoming consistently competitive at the last few tracks which have been quite different in characteristics. That's very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

BBC suggested it might be a good track for ferrari as it's not very power sensitive. All the ferraris were more competitive as demonstrated by all three ferrari teams scoring points. Good to see ferrari can be somewhat competitive at a track like this. Are there many tracks like this coming up in the rest of the season?

Renault is becoming consistently competitive at the last few tracks which have been quite different in characteristics. That's very positive.

Alonso could find himself in quite a good car next year.

Joeface wrote: »
    Cannot say today was good or bad race ...just felt a bit bland
    Sums it up tbh. Just feels like there's nothing at stake as the cars cruise around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Must say, enjoyed the race today. Good mixture of teams battling, and absolutely delighted Danny Ric got a podium. Disappointed Max couldn't "send it" after the SC restart but credit to Hamilton, I think he was genuinely humbled when Mick arrived and gave him his dad's helmet.

It's moments like those that you forget about politics and characters, and realise there's people behind the helmets and history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Must say, enjoyed the race today. Good mixture of teams battling, and absolutely delighted Danny Ric got a podium. Disappointed Max couldn't "send it" after the SC restart but credit to Hamilton, I think he was genuinely humbled when Mick arrived and gave him his dad's helmet.

It's moments like those that you forget about politics and characters, and realise there's people behind the helmets and history.

Yeah I think that presentation was handled very well at the end. Really nice gesture by the Schumachers and Hamilton handled it really well. Really nice moment overall for the sport. Good race today, shame we havn't been to this track in so long, it races very well imo.

Sums it up tbh. Just feels like there's nothing at stake as the cars cruise around.

There was nothing at stake at the front but the midfield was in flux all race until the safety car. Lots of cars on different strategies and struggling to manage their tyres. The safety care caused lots of cars to pit at the same time for soft tyres and it killed the mismatches which had made the midfield interesting to watch.

Listening to Hamilton's post race interview with BBC and he said he's "proud" of Bottas for his move to keep the lead at turn 2. Ex-fcuking-cuse me? Now I know who bottas was referring to with his "to whom it may concern..." comment

He can't help being an asshole. He'll never understand why he's not liked.

Advertisement