Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020 :Round 11 Eifel GP Nürburgring

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Aw that's a nice touch. Mick just gave Hamilton one of Schumacher's helmets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

skipper_G wrote: »
    honey badger

I remember them from a video game called Far Cry 4. Nasty things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

That's a great gesture. Like him or not, seeing 91 victories again is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

I wasn't paying attention, was it Hulk?

Yes, 34% of the vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Delighted for Hamilton. I didn't think it would be beaten which now looks odds on. Hamilton is the greatest driver I've ecer seen. Even better than Schui..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

Top Dog wrote: »
    Whether he is or not, neither is top tier so what's the point?

As for Gasly - he's happy and comfortable where he his. Both the car and the work environment suit him so he's better off staying there.

RBs issue is that they have a phenomenal driver in Max and pretty much any driver will essentially be there to try and help him win races. Albon is completely inconsistent and useless to RB strategy wise.

Hulkenberg has shown in the racing point he’s more than capable, if he can get to grips with the car then he’d be a more useful no.2 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,932 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I agree with leaving Gasly where he is, being Max's teammates is probably one of the worst seats to have if you are still up and coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I think Red Bull need somebody with experience in the second seat. Albon is cracking under the pressure, Gasly was the same. They could do much worse than having Perez or Hulkenberg in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 13,738 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I think Red Bull need somebody with experience in the second seat. Albon is cracking under the pressure, Gasly was the same. They could do much worse than having Perez or Hulkenberg in the car

I'd take Perez, he has driven very well this year, in the pink Mercedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Perez a much better choice I'd have to agree

• Advertisement

Poor Danny Ric when F1 TV asked why he didn't do a Shoey. The face was like "oh no" he totally forgot about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Delighted for Hamilton. I didn't think it would be beaten which now looks odds on. Hamilton is the greatest driver I've ecer seen. Even better than Schui..

Some good trolling.

No denying he’s a good driver but you could Put pretty much any driver in that car and they’d be in the same position. Even Bottas isn’t far off him. Verstappen is a much better driver. Just doesn’t have the car to back it up.

Hamilton is not a patch on the driver that Schumacher was.

A dark day for the sport today imo. And it’ll be even worse when he surpasses him.

Inquitus wrote: »
    I'd take Perez, he has driven very well this year, in the pink Mercedes.

I’d love to see Perez as the second red bull driver. Albon has been woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Wow, Albon's body language when talking to Sky. He looks done

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Some good trolling.

No denying he’s a good driver but you could Put pretty much any driver in that car and they’d be in the same position. Even Bottas isn’t far off him. Verstappen is a much better driver. Just doesn’t have the car to back it up.

A dark day for the sport today imo. And it’ll be even worse when he surpasses him.

I don’t know what your barometer for success to compare the two.

In Hamilton’s first season, he beat his two-time defending world champion team-mate.

In his second season, he won the title.

Subsequently he went on to beat a team-mate was a world champion (Button) and would-be world champion (Rosberg).

In 2017 and 2018, he beat a four-time world champion in relatively similar cars. I don’t buy the nonsense that the Merc was miles better than the Ferrari. They were closely matched and Hamilton won both times.

How did Schumacher compare to that? Not denying Schumacher is one of the best of all time but the constant need to downplay Hamilton’s success is nauseating. You’d swear Schumacher never once had the quickest car for five years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭KevRossi

DellyBelly wrote: »

Schumacher wasn't the greatest driver of all time.

Neither is Hamilton.

Faugheen wrote: »
    In 2017 and 2018, he beat a four-time world champion in relatively similar cars. I don’t buy the nonsense that the Merc was miles better than the Ferrari. They were closely matched and Hamilton won both times.

Mercedes was miles ahead of Ferrari.

Few, outside of Hamilton fanboys, would say any different.

KevRossi wrote: »

Neither is Hamilton.

Tell us who is then ;)

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Tell us who is then ;)

Just not here because that has nothing to do with the Grand Prix

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Mercedes was miles ahead of Ferrari.

Few, outside of Hamilton fanboys, would say any different.

It really wasn’t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Some good trolling.

Would it be a dark day for the sport so if any other driver was in the seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

I’m honestly fed up of all this comparison of schumacher and hamilton... just give over, myself included it’s a matter of opinion and no amount of arguing will ever change one sides opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Perez interview with ch4 later but a snippet was put out that he says he won't be racing at the back

That rules out Alfa or Haas.

Wonder if Red Bull is a viable option for him now .....

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BikeRacer

Some good trolling.

An opinion held by many which you don't agree with is not trolling.

This is trolling. When you think back at the genuine dark days of F1 such as Senna dying, Hamilton equaling a win record doesn't even come close. Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Cannot say today was good or bad race ...just felt a bit bland .

Good for Renault and Dani Ric to get on the Podium at last . leclerc seemed to enjoy himself up and down the grid more times today than anyone . its still a S*** Car .

Gio Finally getting the better in races of Kimi . only takes his seat been on the line to motive him.

Did Hulk get driver of the day ...good Performance deserved it if he did.

Alex Albon , poor fella . I think his F1 time is kinda coming to an end . He was bad today . Poor start ..which he could have recover from but hitting Kyvatt was bad , almost clipped Gasly as well and then the Racing him so hard comment I felt was strange. I wanted Redbull to give him time but he really did need to be more consistent week to week and now I just don't see it happening for him . Redbull need a second driver running in the top 4 to help race strategies, its kind of clear now Alex is not the guy. Some good races passing people but over all its making him seem more average . To make it worse for him he cannot go down to Alpha Tauri as both their drivers are actually Driving well this season and there is Pressure there from the F2 driver Yuki Tsunoda for a seat as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

flazio wrote: »
    Poor Danny Ric when F1 TV asked why he didn't do a Shoey. The face was like "oh no" he totally forgot about it.

It's probably much harder to do once the adrenaline has worn off :pac:

https://www.facebook.com/171398419619795/posts/3478848775541393/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Infoanon

flazio wrote: »

The ' Shoey' is only for when you win ?? Jack Miller -who started the trend at top level motorsports - only does it for wins iirc

Daniel-Ricciardo-Renault-GP-Eifel-2020-Nuerburgring-169Gallery-d115b7a8-1731558.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,294 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Infoanon wrote: »
    The ' Shoey' is only for when you win ?? Jack Miller -who started the trend at top level motorsports - only does it for wins iirc

Ricciardo only did it for 2nd or better when with redbull if i remember correctly but first podium for Renault would warrant it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

KevRossi wrote: »

Neither is Hamilton.
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Tell us who is then ;)

Anyone driving a hire car?

Advertisement