Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 5 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I think I'll give it Wilson's first possession and hit the hay.

This game was never on the list of games to stay up for. I'll save myself for Bills-Titans on Wednesday morning.

Has been a very entertaining game actually! Vikings are a lot better than their record and look good to win it here (all bad news for other nfc north fans), but it's still possible Wilson can work another miracle, no better man.

Has been a very entertaining game actually! Vikings are a lot better than their record and look good to win it here (all bad news for other nfc north fans), but it's still possible Wilson can work another miracle, no better man.

NO. BETTER. MAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I just can’t, I can’t watch the Seahawks every week.

It’s just not healthy.

I need to sit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I dunno how we manage to do it time and time again. That third quarter comeback was incredible, and then the final drive without needing to use a timeout until we hit the goal line? I’ll be dead before the end of the season if my heart keeps going through this!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Certainly worked out today!
    Thought the Giants should had had a running play in their possession, just to ensure they didn't leave too much time on the clock. Two wins enough to lead the division.

Yeah those last 2 throws were clutch and Gallup did really well to stay on bounds for both and haul them in. The NFC east is a strange division - injuries and poor play from the cowboys and eagles could mean the winner is a 7-9 team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Dk Metcalf is an absolute stud.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Michael Thomas missing the game tonight because of a fight in training. The Chargers must be close to must win territory now for any playoff hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

NO. BETTER. MAN.

He is just unbelievable. It's getting monotonous at this stage. Ha. I would hate to be a Seahawks fan, but I would love to know I have him as my QB

That being said, if I see another pundit or article calling him under-rated I'll flip.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,538 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Chargers get an early TD for a 6-0 lead. Saints struggling on offense so far against a banged up Chargers D.
    I'd expect them to kick into gear soon.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Chargers get an early TD for a 6-0 lead. Saints struggling on offense so far against a banged up Chargers D.
    I'd expect them to kick into gear soon.

Keep expecting. Chargers playing very very well. Saints stuttering. 13-3 now

• Advertisement

Keep expecting. Chargers playing very very well. Saints stuttering. 13-3 now
    20-3 now. Chargers aren't doing much but doing enough. Saints Offense has struggled mightily which is a real surprise. They haven't been able to establish the running game and as a result have very little room to pass the ball.

Just goes to show how essential MT is to them. I mean, if that wasn't already apparent.

Well the Saints are starting to look a bit better now. Down to a seven point lead for the Chargers and I'd expect another three and out here.

Great craic on the late game again tonight, Herbert has been fun to watch but that drive my the saints to level it had everything, especially subbing out brees on the last play. Fine line between balls and stupidity.

Jaysus, another great drive by chargers only for the kicker to doink it. Overtime, which is good news for a neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Jaysus, another great drive by chargers only for the kicker to doink it. Overtime, which is good news for a neutral.

Not for us in Ireland. I want to go to bed :D

I wasn't planning to stay up for SNF or MNF this week but both ended up being great games.

The state of the short highlights sometimes.

They showed the drive then they completely ignore the kick/doink and straight into the OT. Nonsense.

A man who I rarely, if ever, hear getting any kudos is Will Lutz, he's a great kicker.

A man who I rarely, if ever, hear getting any kudos is Will Lutz, he's a great kicker.

He's utterly brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Think I'll stay up for some of tonight's. Just realised it starts at 12 not 1.20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The state of the short highlights sometimes.

They showed the drive then they completely ignore the kick/doink and straight into the OT. Nonsense.
    Didn't even show how the Chargers were stopped in overtime, 1st & 10 after the field goal then "video over"

Every 2nd comment is about how much of a sh*t show the highlights have been this year.
    I've watch some games that decided touchdowns are not wort showing? Like wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,384 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Probably not the right place for this , but why was Dakotan’s Prescott on a 1 year deal ? I’ve read about tags and all but what does all that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

He's either one tough bastard, or was just in shock.

Any links to a video of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

cj maxx wrote: »
    Probably not the right place for this , but why was Dakotan’s Prescott on a 1 year deal ? I’ve read about tags and all but what does all that mean?

He was on a franchise tag because he and the cowboys couldn’t agree a new deal and so this is a way for him to stay with the team while they work on a new deal( that goes for any player not just dak Prescott btw) and the franchise tag is that the player will be paid the money( I think it’s a average but might be wrong) of the top players at your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Didn't even show how the Chargers were stopped in overtime, 1st & 10 after the field goal then "video over"

Every 2nd comment is about how much of a sh*t show the highlights have been this year.

Okay it wasn’t just me then. I watched gamepass at lunchtime and apparently the chargers scored the first TD. I say apparently because they go from 0 to 6 and only for the commentary saying it I’d have been even more confused. It’s the first time I’ve seen that this year. To leave out a TD is poor enough.

Itssoeasy wrote:
    He was on a franchise tag because he and the cowboys couldn’t agree a new deal and so this is a way for him to stay with the team while they work on a new deal( that goes for any player not just dak Prescott btw) and the franchise tag is that the player will be paid the money( I think it’s a average but might be wrong) of the top players at your position.
    A franchise tag isn't just a friendly thing. Players my gut want to leave but are forced to stay put if they get franchised tagged.
    The pay is the average if the top five players at the position or 120% of the players previous pay, whichever is the bigger amount.
    In Dak's case that was $31.4m.

Just to add, the Cowboys hav a serious replacement for Dak. I think Dalton could steal his job. He certainly has the talent to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Blut2

Just to add, the Cowboys hav a serious replacement for Dak. I think Dalton could steal his job. He certainly has the talent to do it

Even at Dalton's absolute best hes not close to Dak's level. His best case scenario is probably a Nick Foles style redemption story - he does exceptionally well this year and gets himself a big money, multi-year contract with a team that needs a QB, and will be happy with a mid-tier one. Hes never going to be a top 5 QB like Dak.

Dalton's also about to turn 33 which is going to limit him massively. He wasn't good enough at his peak to be hanging on much past 36, he doesn't have as much "cushion" for performance dropoff as the guys like Rodgers or Brees.

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Think I'll stay up for some of tonight's. Just realised it starts at 12 not 1.20.

I have just gotten into bed there to have a snooze before the 1.20 start. Phew.

That's a bonus now that it's starting at 12.

• Advertisement

No second replay of any highlights. Am I convincing myself that they were there last season or what?

Advertisement