Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 5 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Receivers coming out of college are so polished the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

No harm benching Beathard as well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

One of the worst roughing the passer penalties ever keeping that drive alive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

TheDoctor wrote: »
    One of the worst roughing the passer penalties ever keeping that drive alive

Very soft but the exact same as a roughing call that went the other way earlier, which ended up with a Dolphins TD. Some of the protection QBs get with some refs is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Browns are trying to Browns this.

• Advertisement

Broken ankle for Dak

Oh that's horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That's horrific for Dak.

I forgot he was on the franchise tag as well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

That Dak injury has taken all the joy out of a potential Cowboys loss :(

Horrible looking break. Feel awful for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

That was nasty for Dak

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well did that look like what I think it was in Dallas ? His foot wasn’t in a good angle.

Edit: our survey says yes.

He was ridiculously calm about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

He's either one tough bastard, or was just in shock.

Shock. Happens in a lot of cases with broken limbs.

I mean it's gotta be shock but even coming off he seemed more distraught than in pain.

Hope it’s a clean break and no ligament damage

You never want to see any player hurt like that. It kind took the air out of redzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭Augme

Look more like a dislocation rather than a break. If it avoided ligament damage he might make it back before the season ends.

Just another example of why you don't play on a franchise tag if you're in a position like Dak. Sometimes it works out, like Cousins, but injuries can be career altering and they shouldn't risk it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Just another example of why you don't play on a franchise tag if you're in a position like Dak. Sometimes it works out, like Cousins, but injuries can be career altering and they shouldn't risk it

I mean worst case he's made what 50 mil plus endorsements he's not going to be broke. Hopefully he comes back from this ok

I don't know if the sunlight coming from behind one endzone at the Cowboys stadium was bad design or done intentionally to gain some sort of advantage but the league should force them to install shutters that can be closed on sunny days. It's ridiculous having sun glare influence games in a billion dollar stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Oat23 wrote: »
    I don't know if the sunlight coming from behind one endzone at the Cowboys stadium was bad design or done intentionally to gain some sort of advantage but the league should force them to install shutters that can be closed on sunny days. It's ridiculous having sun glare influence games in a billion dollar stadium.

It's bad design, apparently the stadium should have been built facing north-south not east west. Crazy given they had literally no impediments in building it, it's absolutely in the middle of nowhere, there's no other building anywhere for a few miles. Jones has been asked to put up blinds but refuses to, probably out of pure bloody minded stubbornness. I even find it difficult to watch on tv when the glare is like that. Players complained about it for years, witten apparently hated it more than anyone.

nerd69 wrote: »
    I mean worst case he's made what 50 mil plus endorsements he's not going to be broke. Hopefully he comes back from this ok

He won't be going hungry but the difference is getting that for one season and having it guaranteed for multiple.

Few to no owners really give a crap about their players, it is a business. No point risking yourself when it doesn't go both ways

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Foxtrol wrote: »
    He won't be going hungry but the difference is getting that for one season and having it guaranteed for multiple.

Few to no owners really give a crap about their players, it is a business. No point risking yourself when it doesn't go both ways

I get that my point more being he's in a better situation even if he's done than 99% of people he was justified in going for it imo the man never missed a game and his hold out likely moved his contract from about 30 mil to 40+ mil a year. Hopefully he can recover and kick back on could end up getting his big payday anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Andy Dalton is looking like a shrewd insurance pickup by Dallas this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Kev8360 wrote: »

Or maybe not !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Kev8360 wrote: »

Certainly worked out today!
    Thought the Giants should had had a running play in their possession, just to ensure they didn't leave too much time on the clock. Two wins enough to lead the division.

Clocking off for the night but I was watching nfl network after the late window games ended and Jesus are there a lot of schedule changes for a few teams. I mean surely there’s only some much moving around they can do without adding an extra week at the end of the season. Also, I don’t think Carrie Underwood’s version of the SNF song is bad in any way but it’s not the faith hill version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I think I'll give it Wilson's first possession and hit the hay.

This game was never on the list of games to stay up for. I'll save myself for Bills-Titans on Wednesday morning.

Advertisement