Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 5 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

This last quarter has been diabolical. The penalty counts are obscene.

You wouldn't know you were watching two 3-1 teams out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Nagy has no faith in Santos. Throwing on 2nd down said it all. He wanted a TD.

Over a minute for Brady might be a bit too much.
    You wouldn't know you were watching two 3-1 teams out there.

Can't comment on the Bucs but the Bears aren't a very good team. .500 at best. No idea how we're even close to going 4-1.

Way too much.

Way too much.

Delighted that it was a missed down count that did it for Tommy.

I don't mind taking losses like that in my picks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

wonder which down Brady lost count of. The throw to the right, 5 yard gain on 2nd down, Gronk touch on 3rd down and final throw batted away..

• Advertisement

Brady losing track of the downs was bizarre. Never seen that happen at such a vital moment. Aikman said something about spiking the ball but there was no spike?

This probably won't be on the highlights for anyone watching those tomorrow, so here's a GIF of Khalil Mack baptising a 330lb rookie :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

That was ugly mistake ridden football from both offenses and the refs were ****e, but it was undeniably entertaining for a Thursday, and the bears have finally beaten a team that you would say were half decent.

Not sure the mistake on downs at the end made much difference, like if it was third they'd still have been trying to get the first on that play anyway, not like they'd have settled for three years and try for the other two on fourth or anything.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Brady losing track of the downs was bizarre. Never seen that happen at such a vital moment. Aikman said something about spiking the ball but there was no spike?

This probably won't be on the highlights for anyone watching those tomorrow, so here's a GIF of Khalil Mack baptising a 330lb rookie :D

giphy.gif
    That was in my highlights, I called my wife in to show her the replay...

Not sure the mistake on downs at the end made much difference, like if it was third they'd still have been trying to get the first on that play anyway, not like they'd have settled for three years and try for the other two on fourth or anything.

Had a big impact I think. The playcall shocked me until I saw Brady holding up 4 fingers not realising they were already on 4th down.

The ball was thrown 20 yards down the field when they only needed 6.

What's with these ass ugly tie dye caps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

One of worst games I've ever watched. The ref's ****ed the Bucs. That roughing the passer call on Barret was diabolical, literally hits him as he's throwing the ball. Meanwhile Brady is getting knocked down all night after the ball is thrown. How the **** do you flag that on a 3rd and forever? Shocking

One of worst games I've ever watched. The ref's ****ed the Bucs. That roughing the passer call on Barret was diabolical, literally hits him as he's throwing the ball. Meanwhile Brady is getting knocked down all night after the ball is thrown. How the **** do you flag that on a 3rd and forever? Shocking

Plenty of horrible calls the other way. You can't look at Tom Brady without a flag exploding out of a refs pocket

Plenty of horrible calls the other way. You can't look at Tom Brady without a flag exploding out of a refs pocket

Yea, except for the part where that happened exactly once, when Mack body slammed. Refs missed a ton of stuff for the Bucs. Facemasks, false start right on their TD drive which would've likely killed it, weak PI calls on an uncatchable ball. Trash.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That was ugly mistake ridden football from both offenses and the refs were ****e, but it was undeniably entertaining for a Thursday, and the bears have finally beaten a team that you would say were half decent.

All I ask is for it to be close for the late games - especially NFC games that I have no huge investment in the winner.

Yea, except for the part where that happened exactly once, when Mack body slammed. Refs missed a ton of stuff for the Bucs. Facemasks, false start right on their TD drive which would've likely killed it, weak PI calls on an uncatchable ball. Trash.

Speaking of missing things, their quarterback missed what down it was. Trash.

giphy.gif

Well this has been as entertaining as the game was.

* waits on Tom rings gif *

Speaking of missing things, their quarterback missed what down it was. Trash.

*Slow clap*

Bucs Oline and refs handed that game away. The number of drive saving penalties gifted to the Bears was impressive. Phantom offsides, nonsense DPI, RTP.

That said the Bucs had a chance to ice the game and **** the bed. Only taking 16secs off the clock with 2:30~ left is inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Noah Fant and KJ Hamler are both out for the Broncos against the Pats.

Noah Fant and KJ Hamler are both out for the Broncos against the Pats.

Good chance for Butt to continue his comeback. Excited for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve never wanted a week of the nfl to provide an enjoyable distraction to the non sports world cluster**** than this week. So let’s hope we get some exciting games this evening and tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Patriots Broncos rescheduled to next Sunday

paulie21 wrote: »

And to add to this if you have any patriots or broncos players in your fantasy line ups you need to swap them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Another Titans positive too, they've shut down their facility. Not looking good for that game either.

Another Titans positive too, they've shut down their facility. Not looking good for that game either.
    From nfl network just a minute ago it’s a coach and the time of the case it’s possible it’s not connected to the outbreak a few weeks ago.

It's just postponed? NFL haven't announced new date yet.

We've Dolphins next Sunday atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

From Adam Schefter on Twitter

Here’s the plan, per sources, which is tied to Tennessee being able to play:

��Broncos-Patriots next Sunday.

��Week 8 (what was supposed to be Denver bye): Chargers at Broncos.

��Week 11 (scheduled Miami bye) Dolphins at Broncos.

From Adam Schefter on Twitter

Here’s the plan, per sources, which is tied to Tennessee being able to play:

��Broncos-Patriots next Sunday.

��Week 8 (what was supposed to be Denver bye): Chargers at Broncos.

��Week 11 (scheduled Miami bye) Dolphins at Broncos.

Danke

Not the best start from the eagles.

• Advertisement

Don't think I'll ever get used to the 'LV' on the scoreboards instead of 'OAK'. It's weird.

Advertisement