Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

biggebruv wrote: »
    Will smiths have to close for 4 weeks if the planned level 4.5 goes ahead this week if so how does that work with PS5 click and collect orders? Have they said anything?
    well for level 4 click and collect level 5 home delivery only.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,057 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

biggebruv wrote: »
    Will smiths have to close for 4 weeks if the planned level 4.5 goes ahead this week if so how does that work with PS5 click and collect orders? Have they said anything?

They told me, unhelpfully, that they did not plan on being closed for the PS5 release...

but they also said they can't switch an instore click/collect order to a home delivery.

So if they are fully closed on the 19th, I can't see a way I get my PS5 off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

They told me, unhelpfully, that they did not plan on being closed for the PS5 release...

but they also said they can't switch an instore click/collect order to a home delivery.

So if they are fully closed on the 19th, I can't see a way I get my PS5 off them.

I would be very surprised if smyths dont do click and collect for these releases

at least we'll have an idea from the week before

And yes they cant swap an order pre-time, but they would have a contingency plan if everything does hit the fan

bennyl10 wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if smyths dont do click and collect for these releases

at least we'll have an idea from the week before

Yeah, we should know by then alright. And I reckon they will want to do collection at least, but if they are fully closed by govt. order then there is not much they can do.

I actually think we should essentially know today. I think. whatever restrictions are put in place today will continue through to the end of November. I don't think we go level 4 today and then 5 in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Even if we were to go full on level 5, I can still see them being granted essential status to allow click+collect. Its bad enough we are not really getting a Christmas this year, they aren't gonna close the toy shops as well, it would be chaos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

From rte
    The possibility of a click-and-collect service for some non-essential stores is being examined though as Government aims to maintain as much economic activity as possible.

So I'd say for anyone that already has a click and collect system up and running will be let continue

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

jvrk wrote: »
    Went into gamestop this morning see what would happen with preorder besides usual cant guarantee me one at launch (giving up at this stage with um) if lock down happens to be told they don't know. Are gamestop in parkway that incompetent.

I called my local Gamestop today and was told that head office will take over the orders if shops are closed so to make sure to check that my email is correct as all contact will come from them. The staff member although very nice, had no clue at all what was happening. I knew more by reading this thread than she did! She said that they had got an email this morning to say that there was still no news on when customers should expect to find out if they were getting one on launch day. Totally ridiculous at this late stage to be so unorganised.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    From rte

So I'd say for anyone that already has a click and collect system up and running will be let continue

Yea this has always been the most likely outcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

CastorTroy wrote: »
    From rte

Maybe someone in Cabinet has a preorder in and they are like “well i think we need click and collect open for *erm* economic reasons.”

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not far from the truth, I'd say. I'm sure they have kids as well that they want to keep happy

• Advertisement

Look at the chaos caused when people thought that Smyths might soon be closing, if they actually fully shut it there would be a serious backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Markitron wrote: »
    Look at the chaos caused when people thought that Smyths might soon be closing, if they actually fully shut it there would be a serious backlash.

Well anyone giving Smyths grief needs to take a serious look at their life.

Well anyone giving Smyths grief needs to take a serious look at their life.

Parents at Christmas aren't known to be the most rational of people.

Full level 5 for 6 weeks is being reported now

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Full level 5 for 6 weeks is being reported now

Is being rumoured now, not confirmed but very likely.

Guess I won't be getting my PS5 on launch so. Hope they keep my order for when it is possible to collect it and it isn't just a first com first served on december 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I reckon they will have an exception for click and collect. They really should have done it when it was recommended the first time, as we would be half way through the restrictions if they did.

wes wrote: »
    I reckon they will have an exception for click and collect. They really should have done it when it was recommended the first time, as we would be half way through the restrictions if they did.

Even if they do.... Smyths is more than 5km from where I live. So I wouldn't be allowed to drive to it anyway.

Unless Smyths figure a way of home delivering a click/collect order I don't see how I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Even if they do.... Smyths is more than 5km from where I live. So I wouldn't be allowed to drive to it anyway.

Unless Smyths figure a way of home delivering a click/collect order I don't see how I get it.

Ah feck that is too bad. I hope Smyths get here act together and change things to delivery for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ooohhh mine is 5.8kms and in a different county.

Be grand, just ensure you do something essential on the same journey.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Ooohhh mine is 5.8kms and in a different county.

Be grand, just ensure you do something essential on the same journey.

My wife is a nurse so I'll send her off with her hospital badge....

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

My ps5 pre ordered from Amazon, I wasint even going to get one on to I was lucky to get a pre order on amazon, sold the PS4 pro and my VR covered the PS5 cost, games pre ordered on amazon and everything is sorted

However my series x Xbox pre ordered in GameStop, traded in my X and 3 games and had it pre ordered months before, no idea when I be getting this one ha

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

BlueEars wrote: »
    I called my local Gamestop today and was told that head office will take over the orders if shops are closed so to make sure to check that my email is correct as all contact will come from them. The staff member although very nice, had no clue at all what was happening. I knew more by reading this thread than she did! She said that they had got an email this morning to say that there was still no news on when customers should expect to find out if they were getting one on launch day. Totally ridiculous at this late stage to be so unorganised.

Issue with gamestop during the last lockdown money paid off preorders didn't transfer with your preorders for delivery. If you have your ps5 paid off, there is a very good chance if its the same system you will need to pay €500 again to get it delivered and refunded when the store opens. It happened to me on a couple of games. No big deal as I only had €10 paid off each.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

eamo22 wrote: »
    Issue with gamestop during the last lockdown money paid off preorders didn't transfer with your preorders for delivery. If you have your ps5 paid off, there is a very good chance if its the same system you will need to pay €500 again to get it delivered and refunded when the store opens. It happened to me on a couple of games. No big deal as I only had €10 paid off each.
    I would have had it paid off had I not discovered the PS5 thread on here and read about the Gamestop issues. I only paid my €50 deposit when I pre ordered in August and didnt bother paying any more. I didnt get an email saying that I wont be getting one till 2021 like others have so ill hold out a little hope that I might get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

BlueEars wrote: »
    I would have had it paid off had I not discovered the PS5 thread on here and read about the Gamestop issues. I only paid my €50 deposit when I pre ordered in August and didnt bother paying any more. I didnt get an email saying that I wont be getting one till 2021 like others have so ill hold out a little hope that I might get one!

It's a stupid system. The online system is completely different to the instore ones. I taught it was a lie and laziness till I had a problem with my last of us two collectors edition. The preorder was made online for store collection. When I went to collect it the preorder wasn't moved from the online section to the store and wasn't there. When it did arrive the deposit couldn't be used again it till it was transfered back to the shop. Staff were saying its a common thread and something they haven't updated for years. Took 14 days for them to be able to reissue the deposit. I wouldn't hold much hope for it been any different for ps5. I hope I'm wrong as my ps5 and series x are fully paid off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Just seen level 5 lockdown. I’ve mine preordered with Smyths in Waterford and I am based in Wexford and I’ve it set up for click and collect so I could be ****ed if they don’t change them to home delivery .

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

Have a grand in one for all vouchers I had hoped to use for both consoles in GameStop. I have both preordered in store although no confirmation if I am getting them release day.

No idea how I can get around using the one for all though if shop is shut and they are doing home delivery instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

DMed smith's on twitter but no response the swords one is just abit past the 5km for me LOL screw that if click and collect is available I'm going down to collect it kratos style LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Everyone who ordered online for home delivery from smyths or GS will be moved up the queue and should get them now as no one can collect in store. Its the only logical way of doing things:)

• Advertisement

rte mention click and collect can continue

Advertisement