Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Simplygames just put up some more pre-orders for the digital edition but they were gone in less than a minute. Might be worth keeping an eye on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Game just gave me a fright.

Sent an email with "Important update about your Pre-Order." Then just said the games are releasing on the 12th but the console is the 19th so we will post everything in one box for the 19th!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

jvrk wrote: »
    Like to be told when preodered back in November was only other person to preorder console in the store to be told we can't tell you if you will get 1 or not is a joke. Never again am I gonna use gamestop .

This is true I booked my ps5 only few weeks ago have a friend in there and will keep mine aside for me then will just say to someone else they only got so many in there wasnt enough. They take there own first and sort out family and friends then to the public. It's all about who you know . For most who didnt pre book months ago probably wont get there ps5 until after xmas .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Danny552 wrote: »
    This is true I booked my ps5 only few weeks ago have a friend in there and will keep mine aside for me then will just say to someone else they only got so many in there wasnt enough. They take there own first and sort out family and friends then to the public. It's all about who you know . For most who didnt pre book months ago probably wont get there ps5 until after xmas .

And they wonder why they are going out of business

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

I'd belive it as said will never spend a penny in gamestop again ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Very common practice with them, speaking from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Things must have changed since I worked in GS (over 10 years ago). At that time there was a policy that if there was enough stock for demand, staff can take one of them but only 1 per staff member. I don't think there was a stock shortage for any preorders I was working there for, but I remember being told that if there were shortages, preorders take precedent. It just meant that if we wanted something, we'd put our pre-order in as soon as the system went live, but again, only 1.

Probably all depends on the manager too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

jvrk wrote: »
    I'd belive it as said will never spend a penny in gamestop again ever.

They tried this with me on PSVR launch but I kicked up a massive storm in the store, said they had none left and then one magically appeared on the back store room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Ooohhh you're hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Thank god I perorder in smythstoy.im glad I cancel my ps5 in Gamestop going by what you said I would had never not got one till next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Don’t forget places like Power City & Brown Thomas usually get stock & sell on first come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

Any idea when smyths will charge for preorders

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jaydrum22 wrote: »
    Any idea when smyths will charge for preorders

Usually the day before or when you collect it on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Question around Argos Click and Collect. If I manage to bag one the night before launch in Argos am I guaranteed it will be there for collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

nedd wrote: »
    Question around Argos Click and Collect. If I manage to bag one the night before launch in Argos am I guaranteed it will be there for collection?

No. I'm sure the lads on here will chime in on horror stories of staff swiping them before you collect. It was rampant during the PS4 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If you get there at opening time, you're dead safe, thats how I got a PS4 on launch day. You need to be waiting at the door for them to open even with a reservation though, as someone came in straight after me with no reservation and they sold him someone else's with little fuss.

If you get one reserved (and for the PS4, it went live on the site at 6am I think), just be there outside the shop half an hour before they open up and you'll get it.

Oh, and staff were completely prohibited from buying any of them back then, so I assume it'll be the same again. They obeyed that rule in my local store, but it depends on the managers really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

What's the point of the click and collect if you have to queue anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭jj880

nedd wrote: »
    What's the point of the click and collect if you have to queue anyway?

For a console I can see their thinking. A sale to someone who queued (click n collect or not) is more likely to generate more sales on games and accessories from the store than someone who breezed in later that day at their leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

Do argo's do preorders for ps5? My little lad wants one of Santa and this be his last year
    I'd say he's 11.. went to smyths today to preorder obviously to be told there sold out and I'd be doing well to be get one before xmas and that gamestop over sold there pre orders and now they cant guarantee customers that have pre ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

benny79 wrote: »
    Do argo's do preorders for ps5? My little lad wants one of Santa and this be his last year
    I'd say he's 11.. went to smyths today to preorder obviously to be told there sold out and I'd be doing well to be get one before xmas and that gamestop over sold there pre orders and now they cant guarantee customers that have pre ordered

Argos do not do pre-orders here in Ireland, However on Wednesday evening, the 18th November check the Argos site after they close as their system will update with the page to reserve a PS5 for collection the following day.

The page can go live anytime from the moment the store closes to early morning the next day.

Remember that many people will be trying to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

Kamu wrote: »
    Argos do not do pre-orders here in Ireland, However on Wednesday evening, the 18th November check the Argos site after they close as their system will update with the page to reserve a PS5 for collection the following day.

The page can go live anytime from the moment the store closes to early morning the next day.

Remember that many people will be trying to do the same.

Is it not out Nov 16th?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

benny79 wrote: »
    Is it not out Nov 16th?

https://goosed.ie/irish-ps5-price-and-launch-date/#:~:text=PlayStation%205%20Launch%20Date%20In,in%20Ireland%20on%20November%2019th.

Nope, releases the 19th November in Ireland and the 12th in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

How much will the ps4 pro be when the ps5 comes out!?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Seeing some people saying that GameStop stores will send out pre orders if the shops aren't open.
    Has anyone who heard this not fully paid off the console? Any idea how it works in that case?
    Had planned on trading in my PS4 towards it so this probable lockdown is a pain(could drop it in tomorrow but don't want to spend a month without a console especially in lockdown)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Connavar wrote: »
    Seeing some people saying that GameStop stores will send out pre orders if the shops aren't open.
    Has anyone who heard this not fully paid off the console? Any idea how it works in that case?
    Had planned on trading in my PS4 towards it so this probable lockdown is a pain(could drop it in tomorrow but don't want to spend a month without a console especially in lockdown)

I was only in there yesterday.
    The plan is, if you have partial payment, GS will send you a link to your email for the remainder of the payment on your account, You pay this and they mail it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I was only in there yesterday.
    The plan is, if you have partial payment, GS will send you a link to your email for the remainder of the payment on your account, You pay this and they mail it to you.
    Cool, that makes sense. Thanks.

Just a pain that it kind of takes trade ins out of the equation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

TheW1zard wrote: »
    How much will the ps4 pro be when the ps5 comes out!?

I would imagine it will be discounted until it is sold out, while the base model will continue to be produced.
    The Pro was a premium product, and I don't see the market when the people that bought it will have moved onto the PS5.
    I imagine there will be substantial reductions in the price of the standard PS4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

Went into gamestop this morning see what would happen with preorder besides usual cant guarantee me one at launch (giving up at this stage with um) if lock down happens to be told they don't know. Are gamestop in parkway that incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Any chance of getting one of these pre Xmas? Having missed out on the initial round of pre orders...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Will smiths have to close for 4 weeks if the planned level 4.5 goes ahead this week if so how does that work with PS5 click and collect orders? Have they said anything?

Advertisement