Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is Gamestop now closed unless you click and collect? Can't see anything on their Twitter

Have some stuff to trade in

Edit

I Should be OK till Wednesday night

I’m gonna have a sad 10 year old boy Christmas morning I doubt I’d ever gonna find one for him. My heart is breaking and I’m not paying a scalper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yeah this is going to make it extremely tough to get one for any of us relying on Argos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

CLICK AND COLLECT IS FINE

any other retail outlet that operates an online or other remote system of ordering goods for purposes of collection at the retail outlet

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialretail/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

bennyl10 wrote: »
    CLICK AND COLLECT IS FINE

any other retail outlet that operates an online or other remote system of ordering goods for purposes of collection at the retail outlet

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialretail/

If you live within 5km that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

If you live within 5km that is.

From RTE.
    The essential purposes for travel which are alllowed outside the 5km limit are:

Travel to and from work, where work involves providing an essential service

To attend medical appointments and collect medicines and other health products

For vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, and in particular for those who live alone, as part of an extended household but excluding social family visits

To attend a wedding or funeral

For farming purposes such as food production and/or care of animals

To visit a grave

Paul MCM wrote: »
    From RTE.

For vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, and in particular for those who live alone, as part of an extended household but excluding social family visits

To visit a grave

Surely retail needs to be added to that?

If you’ve no main supermarket for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Paul MCM wrote: »
    From RTE.

To visit a grave

To collect a BRAND NEW NEXT GEN CONSOLE with a copy of cyberpunk 2077 to help with this misery of a year

You left one out I have fixed it LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Surely retail needs to be added to that?

If you’ve no main supermarket for example

Yeah there is no supermarket within 5km from me so i will be travelling to do shopping, the question will be if Smyths is deemed essential.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah there is no supermarket within 5km from me so i will be travelling to do shopping, the question will be if Smyths is deemed essential.

“There is an exemption to 5km for food shopping. It was an oversight. ”

Will that apply to all retail then..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »

There's what the guards say, what the government say, and then what the government actually bother to enact into law.

Back during lockdown, got stopped twice and told by the guards the local centra was good enough and not to travel to the next town to an actual supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ye will be fine to go outside 5km. From journal.ie

Those who work in essential shops or who provide essential services will not be penalised, while individuals will be allowed travel more than 5km to go shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

How can I get one of these for Christmas? Have I missed the boat?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

tina1040 wrote: »

That boat was called the titanic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Unless you want to pay a scalper you are too late.

With Level 5 again, it will only drive up the demand and the scalpers will sell there for double the price and people will buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Anyone paying the scalper prices deserves to be ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone paying the scalper prices deserves to be ripped off.

People will - some wont have a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Downlinz

I have a few weeks to get into the mindset of a GAA player attending a wedding. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

dan786 wrote: »

Everyone has a choice. Just some choose to pay a scalper. Just another example of 'F*** you, I only care about me' mentality we have seen throughout time, and moreso in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭carter001

I ordered the PS5 in september through gamestop.paid it in full so what are the chances of getting it delivered in the post late november.

Have to say I'll be fairly pissed off if I have to wait until sometime in December to get it ..or as someone suggested paying 500 up front and then being reimbursed at a later date.

Wait and see what Gamestop have to say about this in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

carter001 wrote: »
    I ordered the PS5 in september through gamestop.paid it in full so what are the chances of getting it delivered in the post late november.

Have to say I'll be fairly pissed off if I have to wait until sometime in December to get it ..or as someone suggested paying 500 up front and then being reimbursed at a later date.

Wait and see what Gamestop have to say about this in the next few days.
    Ordered in September? I don't like your odds of getting it this side of the new year. Gamestop have been taking preorders for months.
    all of those people will be ahead of you in the queue.
    I ordered mine in early September and I'm certain I won't have it this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭carter001

Ordered in September? I don't like your odds of getting it this side of the new year. Gamestop have been taking preorders for months.
    all of those people will be ahead of you in the queue.
    I ordered mine in early September and I'm certain I won't have it this side of Christmas.

You could be right..but gamestop where I live didnt have a price at the time of my order.They also said I'd get it launch day but that might be presumptuous on their part.the store manager ordered it same time I did and he seemed convinced he'd get it launch day.

Oh well least I still have PS4 to tick me over.
    Thanks

You're not too late. It won't be easy, you'll have to put a bit of effort into it.

There will be several waves of consoles delivered to retailers between launch and xmas.

Some retailers took so many pre-orders that all of these are essentially spoken for, maybe into January. However other retailers stopped taking pre-orders once their launch day stock was allocated. Which means their post-launch stock will be available for order. Amazon is probably one of these.

Some retailers (eg Argos) did not take any pre-orders at all, which means all of their units are up for grabs. There will also be shops that people overlook with a few units here or there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

biggebruv wrote: »
    DMed smith's on twitter but no response the swords one is just abit past the 5km for me LOL screw that if click and collect is available I'm going down to collect it kratos style LOL

Any response?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You're not too late. It won't be easy, you'll have to put a bit of effort into it.

There will be several waves of consoles delivered to retailers between launch and xmas.

Some retailers took so many pre-orders that all of these are essentially spoken for, maybe into January. However other retailers stopped taking pre-orders once their launch day stock was allocated. Which means their post-launch stock will be available for order. Amazon is probably one of these.

Some retailers (eg Argos) did not take any pre-orders at all, which means all of their units are up for grabs. There will also be shops that people overlook with a few units here or there.

Thanks for that man.
    I am gonna try and get one. Might get lucky with Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Any response?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

dan786 wrote: »

Everyone has a choice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

When the PS4 was coming out I remember seeing the same posts about there being no chance of getting one by Christmas and I know several people that bought one before Xmas without a preorder. Nobody knows what the stock will be like. I'm hoping to get one and I dont have a preorder yet but its not for a kids Xmas present so it isn't the end of the world if I don't get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

It's mentioned above, but the Government's full list of essential retail outlets for level 5 is here: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialretail/

One of the bullet points is: "any other retail outlet that operates an online or other remote system of ordering goods for purposes of collection at the retail outlet"

So if any retail outlet that operates a such a system is deemed essential, then travelling more than 5k to collect an order from one is presumably a permitted trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's mentioned above, but the Government's full list of essential retail outlets for level 5 is here: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialretail/

One of the bullet points is: "any other retail outlet that operates an online or other remote system of ordering goods for purposes of collection at the retail outlet"

So if any retail outlet that operates a such a system is deemed essential, then travelling more than 5k to collect an order from one is presumably a permitted trip.

That should about cover Smyths, waiting to hear from them themselves though to confirm.

Advertisement