Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Jasus I am fuming. 2 Smyths orders. One UPS one DPD for some reason. None delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Just collected shop preorder from GameStop.

Easy process, just needed ID.

They were being *very* strict that person who ordered had to collect in person, and have ID. It seemed if you wanted someone else to collect you had to call them in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

whiterebel wrote: »
    Unless he hides in the PS5?

It's nearly big enough for that! :)

New playable character in Astro - Delivery Dash Driver...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Walshy933 wrote: »
    My delivery from Amazon with PM now saying at 4pm “Package delayed in Transit” & “Please come back Sunday if you still don’t have it and we’ll help you out”

Anyone else get this?

My mates says Depot Outbound Package @ 3:15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I thought ups were usually good big disappointment, tracking just says in transit. Maybe they just have loads to deliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Having got both of the new consoles, I have to say... just the feeling of setting it up, the new controller, the new UI, the sounds, everything... it just all gave me such a this is next-gen feeling. It really felt like a new generation. My Series X last week felt like more of a power upgrade than next-gen, probably because of the lack of first party titles, the same UI and almost the same controller. Not bashing the Series X, I've been enjoying it, but it didn't give me the same next-gen feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Jasus I am fuming. 2 Smyths orders. One UPS one DPD for some reason. None delivered.
    Did DPD give you a time slot ?.I was lucky got the driver I always get never lets me down was earlier than time I was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I can see a dpd driver outside unloading parcels. Hasn't stopped in here yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Leo you beauty. Just delivered it. He apologised for being late & I almost gave him a hug. Almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It's here ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Customer care is 0768886244

Thanks for that. They're going to get in touch with UPS to 'search' for the order... He says it has left their warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

LawMu wrote: »
    Anyone else's ps5 very loud? Never really noticed my OG PS4 being loud but this ps5 is very "jet engine" like?

There are a fair amount of reports of noisy fans or "coil whine"-
    Some of the videos online more of well known Youtubers who got a noisy one have me worried...

eg. this guy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjG24Z9gl80&ab_channel=ReviewTechUSA

I had a Asus mother board with very bad coil whine and a driver update actually fixed it - so its not true always that its not fixable in software.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

MY Parcel Motel one was delivered to Antrim today at 3pm, but its coming down tomorrow likely as a HOME DELIVERY.

I thought it was pretty funny, it surely would have fitted in their metal collection stations, but NOPE!

Man Sony really made a fecking unnecessarily huge console.:) 39cm won't fit in a huge Media center area I installed with 37cm shelving.

Ha :):):) Hope everyone is enjoying their PS5's tonight.

Smyths delivery is here.

Still waiting on Gamestop for my brother

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

ozmo wrote: »
    Some of the videos online more of well known Youtubers who got a noisy one have me worried...

eg. this guy

I had a Asus mother board with very bad coil whine and a driver update actually fixed it - so its not true always that its not fixable in software.

Thankfully I am hearing nothing coming from the console. I'm a bit on the deaf side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Whatdoyoumean

DPD pickup point was over capacity so it had to go back to the depot, unwilling to reschedule to different home address or allow collection at the depot. Hoping it gets delivered tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

For those who go email conformations from GS today with tracking with UPS, has the tracking updated yet? Mine hasn't moved all day

VHFiWHLGkn9puCz8A

Mine with ups says by end of day but no movement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

OmegaRed wrote: »
    For those who go email conformations from GS today with tracking with UPS, has the tracking updated yet? Mine hasn't moved all day

VHFiWHLGkn9puCz8A

Mine is just sitting there. Doing nothing. Hoping for tomorrow now

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LawMu

ozmo wrote: »

eg. this guy

Cheers. I think I figured it out and found some stuff online. When it installs a game the fan really beefs up but once it's finished it's super quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Just collected mine from Smyth’s Jervis. Lots of youth floating around, felt very sketchy. The longest 4 minute walk back to the car ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I'm absolutely livid. GS Confirmed PreOrder in Sept and no payment taken or dispatch email.

Unforgivable.

Anyone actually get there’s from ups all my mates with ups it just says in transit, do they even deliver after 6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Anyone actually get there’s from ups all my mates with ups it just says in transit, do they even deliver after 6

My brothers UPS says they haven't even got the package. ****ing joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

OmegaRed wrote: »

VHFiWHLGkn9puCz8A

Nope still waiting to be collected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

The coil whine when I install a ps4 game OMG it was loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 breakin_ball

Late to this party - but are all European avenues exhausted for the 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

i would say so

Late to this party - but are all European avenues exhausted for the 19th?

The 19th is nearly exhausted man

There will hopefully be a 2nd wave in the coming weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 breakin_ball

Walmart in the US due to post some @ 20.00 - but thats only a tease!
    They dont ship to Europe according to their checkout page.
    Would prob be weeks waiting and it would be in bits.

Advertisement