Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Wonder what scandal will break today?

I hear one of his online supporters will post a link that’s not quickly shown to be nonsense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

The presidents latest attack add on Joe is very telling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLI-fE1DyA

Joe Biden is a racist

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It's not my job to hold your hand and tell you what to believe.

Many people are becoming increasingly skeptical of the agenda driven mainstream media, so the question of credibility is not as straightforward as some would like to pretend. You can pretty much pick holes in practically every source these days, if you're of a mind to do so.

I felt some people might find it interesting. Others will dismiss it of course... such is life. I'm not saying I necessarily believe it 100% - I'm still doing more digging on it myself. Just thought it was worth a read. :)

In other words, even you don't stand over it but rushed it out to try to make a point.

Many people...straight out of Trumps playback. How many? What type of people? Have you read peer reviewed studies on it? What exactly are the issues peoples are claiming to exist and what could be the effects of these issues?

If these 'many people' were indeed becoming skeptical of MSM then they are very welcome to the rest of the world. Why did they ever unquestionably accept before? Doesn't that tell you a lot about them?

But there is a massive difference between being skeptical of the media and simply ignoring traditional media and unquestionably accepting stories from totally unknown, unverified sources. As you have just done.

You aren't being skeptical at all, you just shifted you gullibility from one source to another

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The presidents latest attack add on Joe is very telling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLI-fE1DyA

Joe Biden is a racist

Ah yes, the ‘they’re both bad but Biden...’ has moved onto another level today.

You’re fooling nobody. You claim they’re both bad but yet you only give out about Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Faugheen wrote: »

You’re fooling nobody. You claim they’re both bad but yet you only give out about Biden.

It’s his MO claim your one thing and slowly come around to the other. I’d call it the long game but it generally only takes a few days after re regging.

• Advertisement

Announced he is now gonna vote Trump earlier... Plausible...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I believe the poster has went fully into the Donnie swamp.. "4 more years".

Just so we're clear where Donnie and the gang stand, it's let millions of people lose their jobs, lose homes, health care etc all because there isn't enough time to take care of millions of people at risk at the same time pushing through on an idea, a belief of having a conservative SCOTUS sat on the bench helps their cause in the short run..

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1313829905159917569?s=19

And people try to tell us that he gives a sh!te about Americans? Woeful strategy, a seriously short sighted cut your nose too spite their face, just so you can stick it to the libs one more time..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,184 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Just so we're clear where Donnie and the gang stand, it's let millions of people lose their jobs, lose homes, health care etc all because there isn't enough time to take care of millions of people at risk at the same time pushing through on an idea, a belief of having a conservative SCOTUS sat on the bench helps their cause in the short run..

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1313829905159917569?s=19

And people try to tell us that he gives a sh!te about Americans? Woeful strategy, a seriously short sighted cut your nose too spite their face, just so you can stick it to the libs one more time..

Well, yinno, some of us have been banging on about how awful Kudlow was as an economic adviser and sure enough, in the nation's moment of need, he just can't possibly figure out how to get economic relief done. Quelle surprise.

And yeah, Kudlow-the-ex-junkie (rehab, etc.) is an incompetent, but he played someone competent on CNBC. I wonder how the Kudlow picks from February are doing in the stock market.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It's not my job to hold your hand and tell you what to believe.

Many people are becoming increasingly skeptical of the agenda driven mainstream media, so the question of credibility is not as straightforward as some would like to pretend. You can pretty much pick holes in practically every source these days, if you're of a mind to do so.

I felt some people might find it interesting. Others will dismiss it of course... such is life. I'm not saying I necessarily believe it 100% - I'm still doing more digging on it myself. Just thought it was worth a read. :)

Yesterday you posted about Biden commenting on the age of people dancing at a rally and suggested he wished they were 4 years old. That was immediately pointed out to you to be completely misleading.

Then you come with this.

And you have the audacity to talk about agenda driven mainstream media?
    You're not the only one at such carry on here, it actually works well for people like me because it is so transparent what you are up to.

• Advertisement

Up to his TITS on drugs to manage his symptoms.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1313838620734894080?s=21

He’s completely lost it.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Well, yinno, some of us have been banging on about how awful Kudlow was as an economic adviser and sure enough, in the nation's moment of need, he just can't possibly figure out how to get economic relief done. Quelle surprise.

And yeah, Kudlow-the-ex-junkie (rehab, etc.) is an incompetent, but he played someone competent on CNBC. I wonder how the Kudlow picks from February are doing in the stock market.

Know nothing about Ludlow tbh.. this can't be just his idea, it can't be just Donnie.. what is the GOP's strategy here.. As much as the SCOTUS thing has a dirty taste in mouth, surely they can doing that and talking and moving towards a deal for the people..

The end road for this strategy is to be battered at the ballot box and not just the POTUS also the senate and House if they let things lapse.

Side note.. Signs from the early voting states the estimates of 2020 Vs 2016 is 4 million Vs 75,000

• Registered Users Posts: 13,184 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Know nothing about Ludlow tbh.. this can't be just his idea, it can't be just Donnie.. what is the GOP's strategy here.. As much as the SCOTUS thing has a dirty taste in mouth, surely they can doing that and talking and moving towards a deal for the people..

The end road for this strategy is to be battered at the ballot box and not just the POTUS also the senate and House if they let things lapse.

Side note.. Signs from the early voting states the estimates of 2020 Vs 2016 is 4 million Vs 75,000

Kudlow used to be a commentator on CNBC. Was a trader for awhile on wall street, recovered from a cocaine addiction by becoming 'born again' supposedly. Laughably bad prognosticator about the economy throughout his career. But, because he played an economist on TV, #IMPOTUS chose him to be his head of his economic council. Any time Kudlow opens his mouth, do the opposite and you'll be fine. He made all sorts of bad predictions right before the 2008 crash. It's awful he's involved with US economic policy.

Someone on one of the threads asked if Biden's getting the enthusiasm. There was at least once survey showing Democratic voters much more enthusiastic this go-round to get out and vote, like 80%, higher than the GOP. Can't find the link anymore though.

Also, someone asked what GOP meant and was explained it meant Grand Old Party since it goes back to Lincoln. There's no equivalent for the Democratic party - you refer to it as the Democratic party in the US. Not the DNC as was suggested here, that's a committee. Nor the "Democrat party" that's recent right-wingitty Fox news nonsense. It's the Democratic party. Not the best name, I've heard they've considered 'The Party of the Democracy" as an alternative which I like even less.

Or 'The Democrats' which is simpler still.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

To be honest , it feels to me that they are cutting their losses before the Election.

I think they know they are going to lose.

They fill the seat on the Supreme court which they hope/expect will hobble any major structural changes a Biden Presidency might try to implement.

They don't want to hand out any Stimulus before the Election because the absolute last thing they want to do is give any kind of leg-up in the incoming administration in terms of fending off the worst effects of the Economic downturn.

They want 30+ Million people evicted , they want people queueing outside food banks etc.

And from midday on January 20th , it will all be Bidens fault and they and their mouth-pieces on Fox et al will shout that from the roof-tops daily in the hopes that people will forget who caused it and get them back into the game in the midterms in 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭threeball

Best synopsis of the events of the last week

“He hosted a super-spreader event to honor a justice who would have the government control your body but refuse the duty to care for it, and when the virus he helped go around came around, he availed of the health care he would deny others, financed by the taxes he refuses to pay.” - Anand Giridharadas

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

I know this is a daft question but why is Trump sabotaging his reelection chances?

He just digs a bigger hole for himself every day.

Fair enough he thought the virus would impact the economy and wanted to downplay it but if he reversed course at all, things may not be looking as bad for him.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see him gone but its just baffling.
    Is he completely insane?
    Or just the laziest person on the planet who only lives for the moment?
    Or is Putin running his campaign for him with the intent to have the US implode from within?

If winning is so important to him why is he doing this?
    Its just head spinning. I know its been said countless times but if any other president did 0.0001% of this mad shyt.
    Why? Maybe the answer is simple.

Maybe I should just take a twitter break :o

• Subscribers Posts: 41,280 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ande1975 wrote: »
    I know this is a daft question but why is Trump sabotaging his reelection chances?

Fair enough he thought the virus would impact the economy and wanted to downplay it but if he reversed course at all, things may not be looking as bad for him.

Is he completely insane?
    Or is Putin running his campaign for him with the intent to have the US implode from within?

Its just head spinning. I know its been said countless times but if any other president did 0.0001% of this mad shyt.
    :o

narcissism.. and an extreme case of Dunning / Kruger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Ande1975 wrote: »

Is he completely insane?

Maybe I should just take a twitter break :o

Because this is who he has always been. He was never some political genius, he made so many similar mistakes in 2016 but won nearly purely due to dumb luck and he just isn't getting the same luck this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    To be honest , it feels to me that they are cutting their losses before the Election.

I think they know they are going to lose.

They fill the seat on the Supreme court which they hope/expect will hobble any major structural changes a Biden Presidency might try to implement.

They don't want to hand out any Stimulus before the Election because the absolute last thing they want to do is give any kind of leg-up in the incoming administration in terms of fending off the worst effects of the Economic downturn.

They want 30+ Million people evicted , they want people queueing outside food banks etc.

And from midday on January 20th , it will all be Bidens fault and they and their mouth-pieces on Fox et al will shout that from the roof-tops daily in the hopes that people will forget who caused it and get them back into the game in the midterms in 2022.

This is by far one of the most depressing yet accurate synopsis of US politics.

I think I need to get off boards now too :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Leroy42 wrote: »
    you don't stand over it
    unquestionably accepting stories ... As you have just done.

:rolleyes:

So which is it?

Am I "not standing over it" ?

Or "unquestionably accepting it" ?

Perhaps you should organize your thoughts a bit better and make up your mind what you think I'm doing.

So I take it you didn't enjoy the article then? :pac: That's okay, nobody is telling you to take it seriously. It's just another opinion in a sea of opinions.

Like I said, I just found it an interesting read and thought perhaps others might find it interesting or thought provoking too. Simple as that basically. :)

There's no need for such hostility towards different ideas or opinions. It really only serves to create a toxic atmosphere in these threads, where people won't feel encouraged to participate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So which is it?

Perhaps you should organize your thoughts a bit better and make up your mind what you think I'm doing.

So I take it you didn't enjoy the article then? :pac: That's okay, nobody is telling you to take it seriously. It's just another opinion in a sea of opinions.

Like I said, I just found it an interesting read and thought perhaps others might find it interesting or thought provoking too. Simple as that basically. :)

There's no need for such hostility towards different ideas or opinions. It really only serves to create a toxic atmosphere in these threads, where people won't feel encouraged to participate.

You don't stand over it means you're not backing any of the horsesh!t with any citation.

Unquestionably accepting it means you take anything you see at face value.

You seem to be the prime example of someone who's coaxed and corralled by 'the algorithm' as detailed in the Social Dilemma.

Furthermore, if you feel someone is being toxic, there's a report button

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭threeball

So which is it?

I didn't realise that they are mutually exclusive terms. Or maybe your grasp of the English language isn't all you believe it to be....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Because this is who he has always been. He was never some political genius, he made so many similar mistakes in 2016 but won nearly purely due to dumb luck and he just isn't getting the same luck this time.

lol... It's amazing people actually believe this sort of guff. :pac:

The media did an amazing job brainwashing so many people about Trump.

But he doesn't care if certain people think he's dumb or clueless or lucky... it's irrelevant to him really - always has been. In fact, he seems to quite enjoy when lots of people underestimate him! It's an advantage when people underestimate you...

But he knows the score... and he has done for a very VERY long time now. ;)

Let's ask 1988 Trump for example... what say you young Donald? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

^ Younger Trump really doesn't come across as bad as older Trump... he's almost... reasonable! :-0

But he doesn't care if certain people think he's dumb or clueless or lucky... it's irrelevant to him really - always has been. In fact, he seems to quite enjoy when lots of people underestimate him! It's an advantage when people underestimate you...

It matters so much to him what other people think about him.

He is a narcissist, his ego can't take it when people point out what a joke he is.

The only people brainwashed are those that believe he is smart, tough, a good business man, or gives a damn about anyone but himself.

This is typical of you type of posters. Zero engagement and a load of unsubstantiated waffle, you've complained about being toxic in this thread, when it's these types of bad faith arguments that make it so bad.
    It's like whack a mole
    Leeroy was bang on the money

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You have two sides here, the crazy Trump supporters and then the crazy Democrat/anti-Trump brigade.
    There are very few people posting here who have a bit of perspective.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You have two sides here, the crazy Trump supporters and then the crazy Democrat/anti-Trump brigade.

Unsurprising false equivalence from you.

I presume you put yourself in the group with 'a bit of perspective' :rolleyes:

The ones with any perspective are those pointing out the false narratives that come from the Trump lads.

But no, ‘crazy Dems’ according to you.

More ‘he’s bad but Biden’ nonsense.

• Advertisement

Not the way you post. Have yet to see anything critical from you in trump apart from 'I despise trump' or something similar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement