Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

eagle eye wrote: »
    You have two sides here, the crazy Trump supporters and then the crazy Democrat/anti-Trump brigade.
    There are very few people posting here who have a bit of perspective.

I don't think that's true, its not just both extremes, plenty of good, informed posts here. There are differing views alright but that stops it becoming an echo chamber like that dreadful BLM/WLM thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

For anyone interested in hearing about the accusations of sexual assault made against Joe Biden, 60 Minutes Australia have interviewed Tara Reade. I don't know what to think of this, on one hand she really seems genuine but on the other I'd like more evidence before I made up my mind.

Thoughts friends?

Tara Reade:

"He's like a wolf in sheep's clothing"

"he would put his hands on my shoulders and run his fingers through my hair"

"I was too scared to say anything...he seemed to lack boundaries with women"

"he pushed me up against the wall...used his knee to separate my legs and said 'I wanna f**k you' he was whispering in my ear and kissing me...as I pulled away he penetrated me with his fingers"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

For anyone interested in hearing about the accusations of sexual assault made against Joe Biden, 60 Minutes Australia have interviewed Tara Reade. I don't know what to think of this, on one hand she really seems genuine but on the other I'd like more evidence before I made up my mind.

Thoughts friends?

Tara Reade:

"He's like a wolf in sheep's clothing"

"he would put his hands on my shoulders and run his fingers through my hair"

"I was too scared to say anything...he seemed to lack boundaries with women"

"he pushed me up against the wall...used his knee to separate my legs and said 'I wanna f**k you' he was whispering in my ear and kissing me...as I pulled away he penetrated me with his fingers"

I would love to hear her story told in court. Unfortunately she can't keep her story accurate and consistent enough to even maintain a legal team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Saw this in a few outlets today:

Biden Says Second Debate Should Be Canceled If Trump Still Has Covid

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/10/06/biden-says-second-debate-should-be-canceled-if-trump-still-has-covid/#50f02b58d30e

Personally, I would see it as a sign of weakness if my candidate pushed to cancel a debate. There are plenty of ways to have a debate that pose very little risk to anyone. What are your thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭Cody montana

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/10/06/biden-says-second-debate-should-be-canceled-if-trump-still-has-covid/#50f02b58d30e

Personally, I would see it as a sign of weakness if my candidate pushed to cancel a debate. There are plenty of ways to have a debate that pose very little risk to anyone. What are your thoughts?

Didn't you push the theory that Biden wouldn't even turn up to the first debate?

• Advertisement

Given that trump has infected nearly the entire white house, including the JCOS, with his cavalier attitude to personal covid protection, I would see it as a prudent measured intelligent response. Just what you want from a president

• Registered Users Posts: 37,913 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Faugheen wrote:
    The ones with any perspective are those pointing out the false narratives that come from the Trump lads.

But no, ‘crazy Dems’ according to you.

More ‘he’s bad but Biden’ nonsense.
    Well having seen other posts from them that's not the case.
    For instance, Biden sexual assault allegation is compared to Trump and his as if it's not important enough to get discussed on it's own merits. A kind of like 'sure it doesn't matter because Trump has loads of them.'
    This has happened with these same posters many times on many subjects where Biden's character may have been called into question even if it's not a very serious thing.

duploelabs wrote:
    Not the way you post. Have yet to see anything critical from you in trump apart from 'I despise trump' or something similar
    I was asked recently about him not giving his DNA up and my response was I don't think he'd be cleared if he did.
    Did you miss that?

I was asked recently about him not giving his DNA up and my response was I don't think he'd be cleared if he did.
    Did you miss that?

Obviously, are you going to blame the app again that you can't repost it?

duploelabs wrote:
    Obviously, are you going to blame the app again that you can't repost it?
    I'm on the app and n my phone right now. I've tried using Google but it's a pain, hard to read the threads and posting is nearly impossible due to the small text.
    I'm using a very old unsupported boards.ie app.

If I quote a post and go to edit it the quoted part disappears. If I put in a link it doesn't come up when I post.
    There's lots of issues with this app but at least I can read easily and I don't have to enlarge the page to type a reply.

And it's not hard to find that list of you want to, it's in the old thread and it's one of my last posts in it I think. So click on the number of posts find eagle eye and click on the number of posts and they all come up for you starting with the most recent, just posts from that thread.
    That's if you choose not to believe me. I've just told you I said it and my opinion hasn't changed.

• Advertisement

I'm on the app and n my phone right now. I've tried using Google but it's a pain, hard to read the threads and posting is nearly impossible due to the small text.
    I'm using a very old unsupported boards.ie app.

If I quote a post and go to edit it the quoted part disappears. If I put in a link it doesn't come up when I post.
    There's lots of issues with this app but at least I can read easily and I don't have to enlarge the page to type a reply.

And it's not hard to find that list of you want to, it's in the old thread and it's one of my last posts in it I think. So click on the number of posts find eagle eye and click on the number of posts and they all come up for you starting with the most recent, just posts from that thread.
    That's if you choose not to believe me. I've just told you I said it and my opinion hasn't changed.

Use the mobile browser and you won't have any problems.

So in lieu of your post. Of all the sh!te trump has done, you claim youre impartial by saying he won't get out of a DNA test, and that's your only criticism of Trump. Hardly the middle ground

• Registered Users Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Such as?

duploelabs wrote:

So in lieu of your post. Of all the sh!te trump has done, you claim youre impartial by saying he won't get out of a DNA test, and that's your only criticism of Trump. Hardly the middle ground
    I think it's quite clear he is a despicable human being. I think any rational person knows this.
    I don't see the need to keep going on about it. He tells another lie and you've a bunch if people on about it here. I'm like what's new?
    I've been told recently that I'm going ott being suspicious of his getting coronavirus.

Such as?
    Obviously both at different locations via video.

duploelabs wrote:
    What is this?

PENNSYLVANIA
    Biden 54% (+13)
    Trump 41%
    FLORIDA
    Biden 51% (+11)
    Trump 40%
    IOWA
    Biden 50% (+5)
    Trump 45%

@QuinnipiacPoll, LV, 10/1-5

Looks dodgy?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Obviously both at different locations via video.

Biden says no (remember Trump and his acolytes said Biden wouldn't turn up for the first one?) And Trump will accuse him of being afraid.

Say yes and Biden smashes Trump and get ready for him and his zealots to accuse Biden of having a teleprompter or an ear piece in.

Its Lose/Lose for Biden while Trump plays games.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭CassieManson

lol... It's amazing people actually believe this sort of guff. :pac:

The media did an amazing job brainwashing so many people about Trump.

But he doesn't care if certain people think he's dumb or clueless or lucky... it's irrelevant to him really - always has been. In fact, he seems to quite enjoy when lots of people underestimate him! It's an advantage when people underestimate you...

But he knows the score... and he has done for a very VERY long time now. ;)

Let's ask 1988 Trump for example... what say you young Donald? :p

Its amazing how articulate he was back then. He has become a caricature of his old self.

I think it's quite clear he is a despicable human being. I think any rational person knows this.
    I don't see the need to keep going on about it. He tells another lie and you've a bunch if people on about it here. I'm like what's new?
    I've been told recently that I'm going ott being suspicious of his getting coronavirus.

But you say it in that post, and if we're to take that at your word then fair enough. However all your posts are critical of Biden, a constant line of attack using fox news talking points that could've be regugitaed from the ar$ehole of Tucker, with maybe a caveat of one line about DNA at a rape case again trump. And we're supposed to believe you're impartial??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Trump broke the honour system at the ladt debate by turning up late to avoid being tested. Luckily Biden escaped free of Covid.

Why should anyone be expected enter a room with a now infected person, that won't detail when they got it, how sick they got, and whether they are now completely free.

following the recommendations means that Trump should pull out of the debate,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

PENNSYLVANIA
    Biden 54% (+13)
    Trump 41%
    FLORIDA
    Biden 51% (+11)
    Trump 40%
    IOWA
    Biden 50% (+5)
    Trump 45%

@QuinnipiacPoll, LV, 10/1-5

Looks dodgy?

Florida looks way off. No way Biden's that far ahead in Florida. Last poll I saw, he was up by only 2 points there.

I don't think it's far off. I'd expect that to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭threeball

Its amazing how articulate he was back then. He has become a caricature of his old self.

That was back before he ran his business into the ground. He was confident because he thought he was invincible. He did a number of deals early that had worked out. Then it went tits up and failure is hard to take for a narcissist.

All the adulation and magazine covers proclaiming him as some kind of midas turned 180 degrees to lambast him for his greed. Probably where his hatred of any media that don't tow his line comes from. Even back then he walked out of several interviews where he saw the questions as being critical of him. I'm sure a persecution complex like that takes a toll on any mind.

I don't think it's far off. I'd expect that to be the case.

It's very far off all other polling in regard to Florida.

Here's other recent polling data from Florida:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/florida/

Florida looks way off. No way Biden's that far ahead in Florida. Last poll I saw, he was up by only 2 points there.

Yeah, I think Florida looks dodgy.
    Can still see Trump winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Yeah, I'll need to see more polling from other pollsters down there before I believe that. It's not consistent with other recent polls.

duploelabs wrote:
    But you say it in that post, and if we're to take that at your word then fair enough. However all your posts are critical of Biden, a constant line of attack using fox news talking points that could've be regugitaed from the ar$ehole of Tucker, with maybe a caveat of one line about DNA at a rape case again trump. And we're supposed to believe you're impartial??
    Yes I've been critical of Biden because to me from a historical democrat perspective he is a poor candidate, the second one in succession.
    You might note though that I didn't really criticise his performance in the debate. I considered it a draw but called that a win for Biden. I even said that if I had to score it like boxing that I'd award Biden the win.
    He didn't show any signs of dementia in this debate and I haven't said he looks like that since the debate. I did defend my previous position when it was brought up by giving my reasons for holding it.

Yes I've been critical of Biden because to me from a historical democrat perspective he is a poor candidate, the second one in succession.
    You might note though that I didn't really criticise his performance in the debate. I considered it a draw but called that a win for Biden. I even said that if I had to score it like boxing that I'd award Biden the win.
    He didn't show any signs of dementia in this debate and I haven't said he looks like that since the debate. I did defend my previous position when it was brought up by giving my reasons for holding it.

Yet only one criticism of Trump

What is this?

Your mobile phone has a browser in it. Like chrome, or Firefox. So just go to touch.boards.ie in the browser and take it from there

• Advertisement

How anyone can defend this amoral POS President, I'll never understand.

You want to tackle illegal immigration? Fine. Deliberately separating babies from their mothers? That's evil. There is no need for a policy like this in a supposedly civilized country. None.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/06/us/politics/family-separation-border-immigration-jeff-sessions-rod-rosenstein.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement