Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools closed until February? (part 3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Hand sanitiser was alcohol free so of little use.

THis could actually be incorrect as just read no info given. Curious

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

Interesting.

We use this brand in the school I work in, not ideal.

khalessi wrote: »

Seriously? We have been using it since August.

Interesting they can close school if affected by hands free sanitiser but not for actual multiple covid cases

• Advertisement

Queried wrote: »
    We use this brand in the school I work in, not ideal.

Couldn't tell you what we use. Dispensers are refilled each evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Schools are safe, schools are safe, schools are safe

If i say it 3 times i might make it so :o

Couldn't tell you what we use. Dispensers are refilled each evening.

I have a bottle of it on my desk with the label of the on it. Not sure what's in the classroom dispensers but I'd reckon same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Now the extra question will be how many students and staff will be considered close contacts?

I won't be considered a close contact. My wife won't be considered a close contact. Most kids around the affected kid won't be considered a close contact. The teachers won't be considered a close contact. We know how this works.:rolleyes: But the text from the school has advised us to wait for the HSE to contact us.:rolleyes:

THis could actually be incorrect as just read no info given. Curious
    Seriously? We have been using it since August.

I might be wrong for the reason as saw somewhere else no reason given. HOpe it isnt going to be a serious one.

• Advertisement

I have a bottle of it on my desk with the label of the on it. Not sure what's in the classroom dispensers but I'd reckon same.

The FDA stated that it is critical that anyone exposed to hand sanitizers that contain methanol seek treatment immediately to reverse the effects of methanol poisoning, which can potentially lead to nausea and vomiting, headache, blurred vision, permanent blindness, coma, nerve damage or death.

That brand used methanol instead of ethanol. This is the reason for the recall and also the reason why schools that used it can close tomorrow if they want to.

The FDA stated that it is critical that anyone exposed to hand sanitizers that contain methanol seek treatment immediately to reverse the effects of methanol poisoning, which can potentially lead to nausea and vomiting, headache, blurred vision, permanent blindness, coma, nerve damage or death.

That brand used methanol instead of ethanol. This is the reason for the recall and also the reason why schools that used it can close tomorrow if they want to.

That is serious sh!t

:mad: what will be the excuses for this

Actually sitting here laughing, you couldnt make this up. I've been bathing in the stuff for 2 months :pac:

I was going to try and make a list of all the feck ups since this crowd came to power but I cant keep up

Wonder will the media report on this?

I thought schools were promised this kinda sh!t was done with?

https://roscommonherald.ie/2020/10/2...er-covid-case/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

It's on the Journal anyway, saw it there and came to see had ye lot been discussing it.

I see that Virapro sanitiser can also cause upper respiratory system irritation,

symptoms are

headaches.
    stuffed or runny nose. :eek:
    sore throat.
    sneezing. :eek:
    muscle aches and pain.

sneezing and runny noses, perfect for spreading,,,

jesus.

Jake1 wrote: »
    I see that Virapro sanitiser can also cause upper respiratory system irritation,

symptoms are

headaches.
    sore throat.
    muscle aches and pain.

jesus.

Its okay kids don't get covid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Jake1 wrote: »

symptoms are

headaches.
    sore throat.
    muscle aches and pain.

jesus.

Oh great. My ten year old is in bed with those symptoms at the moment.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Oh great. My ten year old is in bed with those symptoms at the moment.

Dont even know what to say to you, cant begin to imagine the fright parents are having to deal with right now around the country :(

Hope your kid is ok , all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭aziz

I was going to try and make a list of all the feck ups since this crowd came to power but I cant keep up

I started a list but gave up when it started to look longer than James Joyce’s Ulysses

As far as i can remember, this was onsale at the Dealz checkouts.

Fairly sure I've seen it on desks in my class during early Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

RTÉ etc picking up on it now. https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1022/1173344-school-hand-sanitiser/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Makes a change from the Friday announcements from the Dept. Drop one on the Thurs night before midterm instead.

Sh1tshow doesn't even cover how the Dept has performed since March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭votecounts

Can't even get the Hand sanitiser right ffs:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Schools on distance learning for a bit now back in Czech Republic.

"Distance learning has been gradually introduced at all schools across the country. Prymula previously argued that more and more students and teachers were getting infected. In September, more than 8,000 people, or 18 percent of those who tested positive, were infected at schools, according to UZIS data."

https://www.expats.cz/czech-news/article/czech-workplaces-are-responsible-for-highest-percentage-of-covid-19-cases-according-to-new-data

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I thought schools were promised this kinda sh!t was done with?

https://roscommonherald.ie/2020/10/2...er-covid-case/

The article is taken down, what was it?

• Advertisement

It is still there just wonky link
    s1ippy wrote: »
    The article is taken down, what was it?

COUNTY ROSCOMMON PRIMARY SCHOOL TO CLOSE TOMORROW AFTER COVID CASE
    THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2020
    FacebookTwitterEmailShare

A County Roscommon primary school with a confirmed case of Covid-19 has taken the decision to close its doors tomorrow (Friday) after failing to receive any direction from the HSE.

This evening the principal of the school contacted parents to say that she had received a call from a parent this evening alerting her to the fact that her child had tested positive for Covid-19. She immediately contacted the HSE at 4.30 p.m.. She gave the necessary details and was told that someone would be in contact with her.

The principal remained at the school until after 9 p.m. tonight and had still received no contact. She told parents tonight that after numerous attempts to get answers from public health through helplines etc she failed to get advice.

The principal added that in the interests of health and safety they had no choice but to close the school tomorrow.

She has informed parents that as soon she gets any more official information she will contact them.

The Roscommon Herald will update this story as soon as further details become available.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement