Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date someone outside your race?

Options
13»

Comments

greenspurs wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112755675

Hey Feg , you covered this already, back in March...….
    ffs . How is this spam allowed to continue?!?!?

Boards is about 30 years old. Im pretty sure topics get rehashed all the time.

Dont comment if it bugs you

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I never said they weren't. Think you misinterpreted my post.

Maybe I did but this is what you said. It certainly reads that you consider them non white.
    Irish people, historically, would not be the same race as a German, Spaniard or Italian
    If you are using a very simplistic (US norm) definition of black or brown or Asian then this would also separate Spanish and 'white' people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Boards is about 30 years old. Im pretty sure topics get rehashed all the time.

Dont comment if it bugs you

Fair enough.

But if its the same 'person' that's rehashing the same threads ?? :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

My 1st ever girlfriend was of chinese origin but was born in Wales where I'm from ....

Her family hated me because they had an arranged marriage set up for her and she didnt want it....

I absolutly loved that girl and she broke my heart when she ended it .

As they say ,,, it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all .... or something like that....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Wibbs wrote: »
    Gun to my head I'd probably narrow the main populations down(crudely) to African, Asian, Indo European, Australasian and genetics and migration paths and history would fit the most into those. You'd have the outliers like San folks and African folks on islands in the Indian ocean. It long fascinated me that Africans got that far onto islands in the middle of nowhere, yet Madagascar which was right beside them and huge was left empty until about 2000 years ago and was populated by people from the Malay part of the world which in geographically technical terms is Fecking miles away like. :D It would be kinda like Ireland being discovered and colonised by Tanzanians, but missed by French people. Humans, we're a weird and fascinating bunch. :)

Regarding Madagascar, possibly just down to ocean currents, the Indian Ocean gyre flows counterclockwise from Malay to Africa and then down to Madagascar.. my one minute of research also suggests that between Africa and Madagascar there is no steady current, rather the channel is quite turbulent.

All of which which would mean a greater level of technology is required to get there than in the Malay case, where you just need to survive long enough.

Which islands in the Indian Ocean *did* tend to have African people on them? I want to check if that can also be explained with the currents :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Maybe I did but this is what you said. It certainly reads that you consider them non white.

Germans, Spanish and Italians? Off course not. But caucasian may equal white but white does not necessarily mean caucasian.

My other point was - in the US (where the OP gets all of his opinions) Spanish descent does not equal white i.e Hispanics being a 'minority'.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Marcos

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well Africa is a massive continent with consistent modern human occupation going back about 200,000 years, with even today different populations in the four corners of the place, whereas Europe has had modern humans for around 50,000 years and it's much more one lot of them and the populations got very small at times(ice ages and that). We're much narrower genetically.

Though interestingly our phenotype(how we look basically) is the most variable on the planet. In one extended family you could have grey/blue/brown/whatever eyes, straight hair, curly hair, brown, red, blonde, black hair. Whereas in other populations its pretty much all black hair, brown eyes. One hypothesis reckons it's because our populations did go so low that in order to avoid inbreeding we may have sought out unusual features in mates and they got added in over time.

Jaysus, somebody set him off. Jaysus again. :rolleyes:

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Marcos

banie01 wrote: »
    We settled the toaster conundrum by using the grill ;)

How do you fit the grill in the cupboard? :confused: :pac:

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

Germans, Spanish and Italians? Off course not. But caucasian may equal white but white does not necessarily mean caucasian.

My other point was - in the US (where the OP gets all of his opinions) Spanish descent does not equal white i.e Hispanics being a 'minority'.

So you dont consider them white? You know they consider themselves white. And Celtic in the northern regions.

The US talks about Hispanics because of South Americans, not Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Married outside my race... and to a protestant! True pioneer over here :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So you dont consider them white? You know they consider themselves white. And Celtic in the northern regions.

What? How did you come up with that conclusion when I said the exact opposite?

What? How did you come up with that conclusion when I said the exact opposite?

Your post wasn't very clear. That's why I'm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Women who are black are not considered very attractive.

What??? Considered by who? You?

Gorgeous looking black women out there all over the world.

Ridiculously stupid and naive comment.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yes of course.

I had a brief relationship with a black guy - who at the time was based in London - about 20 years ago, before I met my long-term partner.

It was good fun while it lasted but being a long-distance relationship, it just didn't work out.

Personally I would never limit my range of potential partners - either "friends with benefits" or something more serious - on account of their ethnicity. I'd like to have the choice of as many of the flavours of the sweet shop as possible! :D:pac: There is an Indian guy who works in my local Maxol garage shop who is a complete and utter ride!! ;):D:D

I wouldn't find Oriental men (i.e. Chinese, SE Asian, Japanese) attractive - too feminine in their features. Oriental women, however, are often exceptionally beautiful. Having a preference for - and a physical attraction - to one ethnicity/race in particular is, however, commonplace and should not be viewed as "racism." Mixed-ethnicity people can be stunning in their looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

White or black are not races. They are colours...

This whole notion of "Caucasian" is based on nonsensical notions of human anthropology, largely to do with where Noah's Ark washed up. It's probably more useful to think in terms of classically "Caucasian" facial features, such as the long, narrow nose and high, pronounced cheekbones. Some black men, such as OJ Simpson and Samuel L. Jackson, have more than a touch of it.
    ...Women who are black are not considered very attractive....

You have your porridge, youngfella. Some black women are stand-still-dribbling-on-your-own-feet beautiful. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Give me some hot asians

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Yes of course.

I wouldn't find Oriental men (i.e. Chinese, SE Asian, Japanese) attractive - too feminine in their fatures. Oriental women, however, are often exceptionally beautiful. Having a preference for - and a physical attraction - to one ethnicity/race in particular is, however, commonplace and should not be viewed as "racism." Mixed-ethnicity people can be stunning in their looks.

That's interesting. You don't find feminine features on men attractive but on women you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Only Irish girls for me, or maybe UK girls. Culturally it's just a better fit. Having worked in multinationals for years, the language gaps/nuances, sense of humour or just not "getting" the Irish mentality would be a big blocker for me.

Like HM above I wouldn't date Asian or black girls either. Just not what I'm into personally. Pasty white Irish girls (as a pasty white Irish bloke myself) ftw :p

That's interesting. You don't find feminine features on men attractive but on women you do?

I'd be the same actually.. and I am bisexual. I want my men to look masculine, and my women to be feminine. It's shockingly strange, I know. It's one of the main reasons I haven't dated any men in Asia, whereas, the women... loving every moment of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    Most irish are mutts
    There's a mixture of english scottish norman viking etc in my family there's brown hair red hair black hair blue eyes brown eyes etc even blonds

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-17124-4

And thats exactly what makes us the catch. That's why were loved and adored throughout the world. Now all we need in the mix is chineses, africian and eskimo blood into our DNA, and then we will be the perfect species. No point in saying then we'll rule the world. Because lets be honest we already do. Jaysus isn't great to irish. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for all the other nationalities

• Advertisement
Advertisement