Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating and race

Options
  • 07-03-2020 6:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Would you date someone of another race? I kind of get the feeling that Ireland is less race obsessed than places like the US or even some parts of Southern Europe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Asian - yes.

Black - no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Lundstram wrote: »
    Asian - yes.

Black - no.

Why not blacks? Just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

If you are human and don't have a langer, you have a chance with Fancy Pants.

*Also, no Blacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Would you date someone of another race? I kind of get the feeling that Ireland is less race obsessed than places like the US or even some parts of Southern Europe.

If Rob Heffernan, as a race walker, can marry a 400m runner, we can all date someone from another race

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

That's fair enough. I dont see much of the race mixing here in Ireland to be fair.

To be fair, Ireland hasn't had black people for long enough and only experienced large scale immigration 25 years ago at the start of the Celtic Tiger. Countries like the UK and US have had black people since the 1700s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭bigroad

Once their good looking I wouldn't care what colour or race they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Asian face, black mid section, Latina bottom.

'How you doing'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Harmonics wrote: »
    It seems in the media the black guy/white girl couple is constantly pushed...
    Now, when you say "media"...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

bigroad wrote: »
    Once their good looking I wouldn't care what colour or race they are.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Love and lust know no boundaries.

*Except family

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Why not blacks? Just curious
    Not attracted to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have a thing for Japanese ladies myself. But that probably spurs from my love of Japan in general. Do like me the ladies of Scandinavian descent though, they just seem "pure" or something. Angelic faces!

Was with a Brazilian girl once, and as i'm milk bottle white, the tone variance was very obvious and kinda stood out. Still pink on the inside, so all good there. But I didn't find the same attraction. As someone said above, maybe it's because we're not 'used' to seeing the darker skin as much as other countries, so we relate more to the whiter skinned types, Asian, Scandinavian, Eastern Euro look.

And to be honest, a lot of the darker skinned ladies have a certain, shall we say, shape, think Beyonce and her assets. I'll be honest, I probably wouldn't reach with my hands, let alone any other appendage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

I like to keep them locked up in the basement away from sunlight, until there's a sexy translucency about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

White European for me, but I love the Irish sense of humour.

So white Irish men are my preference. That makes me sound very insular, but we like what we like.

White European for me, but I love the Irish sense of humour.

So white Irish men are my preference. That makes me sound very insular, but we like what we like.

So what next? Tall, fit and handsome?

If even one of those 3 is your preference.. .. .. then that's me gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

It seems in the media the black guy/white girl couple is constantly pushed but in reality the only interracial couples I see with any regularity are white guy/asian girl.

Why do the media ALWAYS push the black guy white girl ? why never the black girl white guy ???

ISn't that progressive ?

Or is a white man having sex with a black girl seen as somehow racist, like he's dominating her ??

jaxxx wrote: »
    So what next? Tall, fit and handsome?

If even one of those 3 is your preference.. .. .. then that's me gone :(

The vacancy is filled, but taller than me (not difficult) and attractive to me are the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Yes it is definitely being pushed in an attempt to normalise it.

It's not an attempt to 'normalise' it.

Companies are afraid of being thrashed on social media if they don't have as many kinds of diverse groups represented in their ads. They are afraid of the backlash and negative publicity associated with it.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Why do the media ALWAYS push the black guy white girl ? why never the black girl white guy ???

ISn't that progressive ?

Or is a white man having sex with a black girl seen as somehow racist, like he's dominating her ??
    The BBC angle?

Edit: not the broadcaster! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Race wouldn't bother me but culture would.

Obviously you'd have the initial attraction at the start of the hook up, but long term I'd be wary of cultural clashes.

Obviously more so as I'm female. If we got married would his expectations suddenly change, if we'd kids how they were reared, would religion suddenly become important.

• Advertisement

Race wouldn't bother me but culture would.

Obviously you'd have the initial attraction at the start of the hook up, but long term I'd be wary of cultural clashes.

Obviously more so as I'm female. If we got married would his expectations suddenly change, if we'd kids how they were reared, would religion suddenly become important.
    Excellent point actually. Not that I actually ever want kids, but no way in hell if I did would I have them reared to believe in a giant spaghetti monster in the sky, regardless of the prophet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I dunno. I've never fancied Asian men but that doesn't mean I'd never meet an Asian man I fancy ever.

TomSweeney wrote: »

ISn't that progressive ?

I'd imagine the black girl would have already sampled a black guy... And once you've had black you don't go back.... If you get the meaning :D

jaxxx wrote: »
    Excellent point actually. Not that I actually ever want kids, but no way in hell if I did would I have them reared to believe in a giant spaghetti monster in the sky, regardless of the prophet.

Being religious isn't an issue itself, it's the extremes of religion that are problematic. Especially if coupled with a culture that sees women as property with no rights, merely there to be used at will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I date people I'm attracted to. The fact that they are one race or another is irrelevant.

..... the only interracial couples I see with any regularity are white guy/asian girl.

Lots of sad lads go for Thai ex brassers. Or brassers who are ex brassers once they land them here.

Being religious isn't an issue itself, it's the extremes of religion that are problematic. Especially if coupled with a culture that sees women as property with no rights, merely there to be used at will.
    Maybe not considered 'extreme', but I would certainly think that forcing women to conceal their heads under 'veils' serves as nothing but a symbol that even in 2020, women are still seen as objects.

Not that I'm thinking of anything in particular..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

My partner is English and a redhead, that's all the difference I can handle.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    I dunno. I've never fancied Asian men but that doesn't mean I'd never meet an Asian man I fancy ever.

Agree with you, the only Asian I've ever had a little crush on was the one in Glee, (Harry shum Jr... I just googled him)

Though its a loooooong list for black men :D

• Advertisement

My partner is English and a redhead, that's all the difference I can handle.

Condolences.

Advertisement