Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Amazon

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

kingbhome wrote: »
    I think I'll cancel the order. 92e plus another handling fee does seem excessive! How much is the handling fee.

An Post is currently €3.50.

Post Brexit buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Ogham wrote: »
    They are sold and despatched by a third party seller who seems to have charged you UK VAT.
    You can expect to pay 21% Import VAT on the total price of the items + delivery charges.
    If they are UK made and the seller fills in the customs labels correctly - you should not be liable for duty.
    However - if they don't do the customs forms right (which I suspect they won't) - you could be also charged import duty. That could be 6.5%. (Rate for sanitary ware)

Duty is applied before VAT - so the worst-case scenario is 6.5% duty then add 21% VAT . Works out close to 29% extra. Plus handling fee - possibly another €15.

Of course - it could be worse still if customs need to value the items themselves and decide they are worth a lot more !

Can you cancel the order ? If not - one option is to raise a complaint with Amazon because they tell all sellers not to make customers pay any extra charges on delivery. You might get them (the seller) to refund the import fees.

it says vat zero on the . Vat GBP 0.00.

I will cancel later then msg the sellers to see if they are uk made and ask them to fill out the customs label. What else should I ask them in my mail to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭corkie

Why does it say garbage in my quote?

Photos of screen instead of screenshots?
    it says vat zero on the . Vat GBP 0.00.

I will cancel later then msg the sellers to see if they are uk made and ask them to fill out the customs label. What else should I ask them in my mail to them.

Seller info: - Nassboards are a established UK Business Trading for over 4 years in the Wetroom Industry. We have at any one time £1million in stock waiting for your order to be shipped.

Have you another boards profile, are maybe ask this user if he put through an order? <<< @tobeme2020

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    How soon should we expect stuff to be shipping from Dublin? Is it later this year

Estimated date of handover to Amazon is April 2022.

I think it's the site that is currently being cleared to get ready for development overlooking the N7 just before citywest.

corkie wrote: »
    Photos of screen instead of screenshots?

Seller info: - Nassboards are a established UK Business Trading for over 4 years in the Wetroom Industry. We have at any one time £1million in stock waiting for your order to be shipped.

Have you another boards profile, are maybe ask this user if he put through an order? <<< @tobeme2020

Not me but I'll msg to see the outcome of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Placed order sunday night, out for delivery this morning! I think we're back in business.
    https://i.imgur.com/RufH1J2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Shlippery wrote: »
    Placed order sunday night, out for delivery this morning! I think we're back in business.
    https://i.imgur.com/RufH1J2.png

Placed an Order on January 21st. It's in stock.

Predicted delivery on the 15th.

It is currently in "Belgium"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭briany

If you get stuff that's delivered 'by Amazon', who's doing the last mile delivery? Nightline? Fastway? Lads in white transit vans?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

briany wrote: »
    If you get stuff that's delivered 'by Amazon', who's doing the last mile delivery? Nightline? Fastway? Lads in white transit vans?

As far as I know, Amazon now have their own fleet of delivery vans here so it's themselves. If you tracking number starts with GA it's being delivered by Amazon themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,160 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Amazon contractors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Subcontractors in vans of assorted colors or even your local horse drawn carriage.

Amazon is doing their own last mile in some region with outsourced providers.

Parcelking is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,708 ✭✭✭✭zell12

PRI180646698.jpg?width=990&auto=webp&quality=75
    Amazon-branded freight and trucks are pictured at Rosslare Harbour, on 27 January, 2021
    “By avoiding the Brexit pipeline, Amazon can get their parcels to us in An Post faster for immediate delivery to the customer..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

zell12 wrote: »
    Amazon-branded freight and trucks are pictured at Rosslare Harbour, on 27 January, 2021
    “By avoiding the Brexit pipeline, Amazon can get their parcels to us in An Post faster for immediate delivery to the customer..."

But the question is which ferry are they coming off? UK or France.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

French is stuffed every sailing, apparently. UK not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 22,708 ✭✭✭✭zell12

But the question is which ferry are they coming off? UK or France.
    They are coming from France to Rosslare, then to Rathcoole warehouse. Skips Britain entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

zell12 wrote: »

so if i was to buy something online from the UK and the seller uses a courier...would i be better off to request regular post from the seller to avoid the duty & vat?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^ You will probably get caught for it no matter what. Check the courier customs handling fee to see which is cheaper?

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^

i suppose it depends on the value of the item i'm buying??

Order Monday 1AM, delivered AMZL Tuesday afternoon. Came from Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

hkjohn wrote: »
    Having got through series 1 of the Bureau only for Amazon to pull the plug on customers in Ireland, just bought the 5-series box set from Amazon France (it was about E60 cheaper than on AUK). Arrived no problems - and more importantly no duty charges within a few days.

Do not (yet!) seem to have been charged tax or duty from anything I've ordered from AUK. Fingers crossed this state of affairs will continue.

The Bureau arrived from Am Fr in good time and with no duty to pay. Still getting small deliveries of stuff from Am UK (mainly CDs) and - fingers crossed - have yet to be charged any import duty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭daheff

skinny90 wrote: »
    Ordered something on Sunday from Amazon Uk, paid a little extra charge (think its import costs) and it arrived today :eek: :D

Im a prime customer i was expecting at least a week.

So far so normal with Amazon minus the little extra charge but sure if its not too much i wont mind

lucky you

i ordered a dog collar early jan...still not arrived. The seller won't cancel the order either now.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Third party sellers can be real b*****s.

What you should do is run a negative review
    as it generally gees them into action

hkjohn wrote: »
    The Bureau arrived from Am Fr in good time and with no duty to pay. Still getting small deliveries of stuff from Am UK (mainly CDs) and - fingers crossed - have yet to be charged any import duty

Amazon.fr is in the EU, there won't be any additional charges, they already charge VAT.
    It's not Dutiable until the value is over €150, from outside the EU. Again, unless it is specifically duty, all it is is the VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

How long is the Belgium customs clearing taken?

Mine went in at 5pm Sunday afternoon and no movement. It's a 350e product (Oculus Quest 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭harr

Got my first customs bill yesterday... a product ordered from Amazon but delivered through addresspal .. €11 on a €40 value .. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

harr wrote: »
    Got my first customs bill yesterday... a product ordered from Amazon but delivered through addresspal .. €11 on a €40 value .. ..

You are always going to get customs fees with addresspal - no matter where you get it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭harr

Ogham wrote: »
    You are always going to get customs fees with addresspal - no matter where you get it from.

I was expecting it , I have purchased from other U.K. sites and it got through without custom charge.
    Getting stuff delivered through addresspal is always the last resort.

fryup wrote: »
    so if i was to buy something online from the UK and the seller uses a courier...would i be better off to request regular post from the seller to avoid the duty & vat?

This is what I'm interested in knowing also. I made a post in the last page about an order I placed then cancelled. I still want to purchase the item because finding it difficult to locate it here Ireland unless it's ridiculously expensive.
    I'm wanting to know the best method of getting these items to me without having the additional charges on them. I could be wrong but My understanding of it I've to pay another 92euro, another 6.5% on top of this then a handling fee then another delivery charge of 20euro. That's going to add near another 200euro for me I think

We cannot help you evade a legitimate tax.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    We cannot help you evade a legitimate tax.

Sorry i worded it wrong. I am not looking to avoid tax however I don't want to pay a double VAT, one in the UK and one here in Ireland. I read maybe there's a form the uk seller needs to fill out on there end(I think) to save paying a double hit. I don't mind the extra delivery charge either but paying 200e on top of my order seems very excisive to me.

Advertisement