Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

One item dispatched on Saturday arrived yesterday. Another also dispatched on Saturday is our for delivery today.

Meanwhile another order dispatched last Wednesday has been stuck on "Initiated customs clearance process
    Dublin, Swords" since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

VG31 wrote: »
    One item dispatched on Saturday arrived yesterday. Another also dispatched on Saturday is our for delivery today.

Meanwhile another order dispatched last Wednesday has been stuck on "Initiated customs clearance process
    Dublin, Swords" since then.

Is the slower one fulfilled by Amazon or a marketplace seller ?

Ogham wrote: »
    Is the slower one fulfilled by Amazon or a marketplace seller ?

It's Amazon as well.

It's Amazon as well.

Maybe customs are randomly checking the odd Amazon package ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/Details?regref=SD20A%2F0215

Comprehensive Traffic and Transport assessment in the planning documents with impact assessments, trip counters of other local surrounding units and junctions.

It is assumed that all Heavy Goods Vehicles travelling to the site will have origins/ travel routes as
    follows:
    • 30% of vehicles will arrive via the N7 from a point southwest of junction 4 or would join eastbound traffic at junction 4. These vehicles will turn left onto Barneys Lane at the left-in, left-out slip junction. From here, they will travel north and turn left onto Clonlara Road to access the site.

• 45% of vehicles will arrive via the N7 from a point northeast of junction 2.
    ➢ 100% of these vehicles will exit the N7 at the Kingswood interchange and travel north along the R136 before turning left at its roundabout with the Kingswood Business Park Access Road and left again at the t-junction with Baldonnell Road. They will then travel south along Baldonnell Road and access the site via Clonlara Road.

• 15% of vehicles will arrive via the R136 from a point north of its roundabout junction with the Kingswood Business Park Access Road and Corkagh Park Access Road. These vehicles will turn right onto the Kingswood Business Park Access Road at this roundabout and turn left at the t-junction with Baldonnell Road. They will then travel south along Baldonnell Road and access the site via Clonlara Road.

• 10% of vehicles will arrive via the R136 from a point south of the N7/ Kingswood Interchange.
    These vehicles would continue north along the R136 through the Kingswood Interchange and turn left at the roundabout junction of the R136 with the Kingswood Business Park Access Road. From here, they will continue south west along the Kingswood Business Park Access
    Road and turn left at its T-junction with Baldonnell Road. They will then travel south along
    Baldonnell Road and access the site via Clonlara Road.

It is assumed that Heavy Goods Vehicles travelling away from the site will have destinations/ travel
    routes as follows:

• 30% of vehicles will have destinations off the N7, at or southwest of junction 4.
    ➢ At the AM peak hour, these vehicles will exit the site onto Clonlara Road, continue straight through the Clonlara Road/ Baldonnell Road roundabout onto Baldonnell Road, turn right onto the Kingswood Business Park Access Road, before turning right onto the R136 at its junction with the Corkagh Park Access Road. From here, they would continue onto the Kingswood interchange, exiting onto the southwest lane of the N7 and travelling southwest towards their destination.
    ➢ At the PM peak hour, these vehicles will exit the site onto Clonlara Road, turn right onto Barneys Lane at the roundabout junction of Clonlara Road, Barneys Lane and Baldonnell Road. Continue along Barneys Lane before turning left onto the N7 at the Left-in, Left-out slip junction. From here, they will travel northeast on the N7 before turning around at the Citywest interchange to travel southwest bound on the N7 towards their destination.

• 45% of vehicles will have destinations off the N7, northeast of junction 2.
    ➢ At the AM peak hour, these vehicles will exit the site onto Clonlara Road, continue straight through the Clonlara Road/ Baldonnell Road roundabout onto Baldonnell Road, turn right onto the Kingswood Business Park Access Road, before turning right onto the R136 at its junction with the Corkagh Park Access Road. From here, they would continue through the Kingswood Interchange, exiting onto the northeast lane of the N7 and travelling northeast towards their destination.
    ➢ At the PM peak hour, these vehicles will exit the site onto Clonlara Road, turn right at the roundabout junction of Clonlara Road with Baldonnell Road, turn left onto the N7 at the Left-in, Left-out slip junction. From here, they will travel northeast on the N7 (past the Kingswood interchange) towards their destination.

• 15% of vehicles will have destinations accessible via the R136, north of its roundabout junction with the Kingswood Business Park Access Road. These vehicles will exit the site onto Clonlara Road, continue straight through the Clonlara Road/ Baldonnell Road roundabout onto Baldonnell Road, turn right onto the Kingswood Business Park Access Road, before turning left onto the R136 at its junction with the Corkagh Park Access Road and continuing north along the R136 towards their destination.

• 10% of vehicles will have destinations accessible via the R136, south of Kingswood
    Interchange.
    ➢ At the AM peak hour, these vehicles will exit the site onto Clonlara Road, continue straight through the Clonlara Road/ Baldonnell Road roundabout onto Baldonnell Road, turn right onto the Kingswood Business Park Access Road, before turning right onto the R136 at its junction with the Corkagh Park Access Road and continuing south along the R136 (past the Kingswood Interchange) towards their destination.
    ➢ At the PM peak hour, these vehicles will exit the site onto Clonlara Road, turn right at the roundabout junction of Clonlara Road with Baldonnell Road, turn left onto the N7 at the Left-in, Left-out slip junction. From here, they will travel northeast on the N7 before exiting onto the R136 (south) at the Kingswood Interchange and travelling south along the R136 towards their destination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Sorry and thanks, you're quite right, great stuff! I was confusing it with other Brexit grace periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

spakman wrote: »
    Yes, but between 8-9am there's a tailback to get into citywest. Now you'll have a fleet of amazon trucks on top of that.
    Maybe they'll be on the road earlier, and maybe citywest offices will never be as busy again post-covid, who knows...

Interestingly, Amazon are also in talks to take over a large warehouse in Shannon industrial estate.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/amazon-in-talks-over-key-facility-at-shannon-airport-40033977.html

Would presumably be responsible for the Western seaboard, Limerick, Cork & Galway. May significantly reduce the demand for the trucks at the Baldonnell facility to head south/south west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭spakman

MOD- <SNIP> No need to quote the whole post.

The Baldonnel Road is a country lane and already has big trucks from NVD centre using it, they have to take up the whole road when exiting their depot which is just after a 90 degree bend in the road!
    I've often had to go hard on the brakes to allow room for the truck to pull out and then put on my flashers and hope nobody runs up my arse.
    That will be a nightmare if Amazon trucks are also trying to use the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

1huge1 wrote: »
    Interestingly, Amazon are also in talks to take over a large warehouse in Shannon industrial estate.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/amazon-in-talks-over-key-facility-at-shannon-airport-40033977.html

Would presumably be responsible for the Western seaboard, Limerick, Cork & Galway. May signficialt yreduce the demand for the trucks at the Baldonnell facility to head south/south west.

Really that be handy for the Kerry region aswell. They have a warehouse in Cork aswell I think but say things are slow coming in from the UK at the best of times. They were on the news recently that things were moving slowing. It be great if they had an irish amazon website!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Spent nearly 400 euro on camera filters from formatt hightech last week. They deducted the vat at checkout so I was expecting a customs bill. It arrived today with everything correctly declared on the package but I payed nothing on top
    Yet with Amazon they have charged 5 pounds on top of an order with 21 pound

• Advertisement

skinny90 wrote: »
    Spent nearly 400 euro on camera filters from formatt hightech last week. They deducted the vat at checkout so I was expecting a customs bill. It arrived today with everything correctly declared on the package but I payed nothing on top

Sounds like you got lucky there. You definitely should have had to pay Irish VAT and possibly import duty.

The same happened to me with something from the US in December.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Which courier delivered it? FedEx only collect outstanding money after the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

whiterebel wrote: »
    Which courier delivered it? FedEx only collect outstanding money after the delivery.

Yes- I've been caught out this way before. Hopefully it got through.

whiterebel wrote: »

An post via Royal Mail. It had left the UK Monday last weeek and an post only updated the tracking on Saturday. I was convinced there’d be a charge. The cost of what I paid in Sterling was declared by the company I bought it from and they had deducted tax from the check out so it really had me by surprised. Happy out mind you

Sounds like you got lucky there. You definitely should have had to pay Irish VAT and possibly import duty.

The same happened to me with something from the US in December.

Yeah I know I was chatting to a few people who bought equipment lately and around 80-90 was due on equipment for similar a price

Ordered something on Sunday from Amazon Uk, paid a little extra charge (think its import costs) and it arrived today :eek: :D

Im a prime customer i was expecting at least a week.

So far so normal with Amazon minus the little extra charge but sure if its not too much i wont mind

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jonnybangbang

I also ordered something on Amazon on Friday Night and it arrived yesterday. I'm a prime member. it was a great turn around.

The item I ordered was advertised as £229 . When I went through the checkout it came up as £190 + £41 import/duty fees. which I assume was the UK vat being taken off and the Irish VAT applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Ordered something on Sunday from Amazon Uk, paid a little extra charge (think its import costs) and it arrived today :eek: :D

Im a prime customer i was expecting at least a week.

So far so normal with Amazon minus the little extra charge but sure if its not too much i wont mind

Probably this was not an extra charge, but the same Irish VAT Amazon UK always charged us. Just it's now shown as import duty. If the item is cheap (<= €22) you may even escape the VAT altogether (if that's the case, you'll see the price drop at checkout once you supply a delivery address).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

My order still hasn't updated since Belgium scan last Monday. Think it might be missing at this stage.

My order that was shipped last Wednesday has been stuck on "Initiated customs clearance process" since then. It's due by tomorrow but it's not looking likely that I'll get it any time soon. Two orders shipped on Saturday arrived Sunday and yesterday.

Wednesday, 27 January
    6:34 AM
    Initiated customs clearance process
    Dublin, Swords
    6:29 AM
    Completed customs clearance process
    Dublin, Swords
    6:27 AM
    Dublin, Swords
    4:21 AM
    Dublin, Swords
    Package has shipped

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Got some items ordered on Sunday night just now, so great to have the 2 day back.

Same as Delly, order from Sunday morning arrived in the letterbox this morning via the Amazon Man in a Van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Same as Delly, order from Sunday morning arrived in the letterbox this morning via the Amazon Man in a Van.

What was the delivery date on the site when you ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Gadgie wrote: »

Ordered Sunday morning early and delivered this afternoon, delivery expectation was Thursday.

Last 2 deliveries has been received within 2-3 days and are usually 2-3 days better than the expected delivery.

Gadgie wrote: »

This Thursday, the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

My order still hasn't updated since Belgium scan last Monday. Think it might be missing at this stage.
    I had an order scanned in Belgium on the 19th January with no updates at all until I got a notification that it was 4 stops away this evening and it arrived at 19.30 ..
    I was definitely expecting it to be a lost cause because of the lack of scans ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Ohmeha wrote: »
    My latest tracking status for my order randomly sent from Rochester to Mouscron Belgium due to be delivered my home address in Dublin now states "unable to forward parcel to different address"

Anyone any idea of the implications of this? Website and google pull nothing and my order is EU S.a.r.L

Delivery By Amazon
    Trackinřg ID:
    Wednesday, 27 January
    9:49 AM
    Unable to forward parcel to different address
    Mouscron, BE
    Saturday, 23 January
    6:01 AM
    Customs Clearance delay
    Mouscron, BE
    Thursday, 21 January
    11:31 AM
    Mouscron, BE
    Wednesday, 20 January
    9:23 PM
    Rochester, GB
    7:00 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Kent GB
    5:54 PM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped
    Times are shown in the local time zone.

Quoting my own post from Jan 27th, Amazons tracking getting even more dodgy now, my laptop stuck in Mouscron now has Thursday 21st January 1.15pm retrospectively appearing stating Completed Customs Clearance Process

Delivery By Amazon
    Tracking ID:
    Wednesday, 27 January
    Mouscron, BE
    Saturday, 23 January
    Customs Clearance delay
    Mouscron, BE
    Thursday, 21 January
    1:15 PM
    Mouscron, BE
    Mouscron, BE
    Wednesday, 20 January
    Rochester, GB
    Rochester, Kent GB
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Quoting my own post from Jan 27th, Amazons tracking getting even more dodgy now, my laptop stuck in Mouscron now has Thursday 21st January 1.15pm retrospectively appearing stating Completed Customs Clearance Process

Delivery By Amazon
    Tracking ID:
    Wednesday, 27 January
    Mouscron, BE
    Saturday, 23 January
    Customs Clearance delay
    Mouscron, BE
    Thursday, 21 January
    1:15 PM
    Mouscron, BE
    Mouscron, BE
    Wednesday, 20 January
    Rochester, GB
    Rochester, Kent GB
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped

The orders don't go to Belgium (pretty sure). It's where Amazon's customs agent is located. Customs processing can be done remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ordered Sunday morning early and delivered this afternoon, delivery expectation was Thursday.

Last 2 deliveries has been received within 2-3 days and are usually 2-3 days better than the expected delivery.

+1.

3 days seems about on point now for Prime. Estimates about 4 days after for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

spakman wrote: »
    MOD- <SNIP> No need to quote the whole post.

The Baldonnel Road is a country lane and already has big trucks from NVD centre using it, they have to take up the whole road when exiting their depot which is just after a 90 degree bend in the road!
    I've often had to go hard on the brakes to allow room for the truck to pull out and then put on my flashers and hope nobody runs up my arse.
    That will be a nightmare if Amazon trucks are also trying to use the road.

The trucks would be coming from EIDW in the early AM, before NVD are mobile. The rest of the day its vans coming back out. Should be fine.

Advertisement