Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Bykobap wrote: »
    Mate was boarding the bus and he greeted the driver with a casual, Alright horse!?
    Driver being in bad form gives him a stiff look and says with thick Dublin accent, Do i look like a bleeeeding horse?!
    Mate didn't respond.
    I heard a mate who was a garda respond to being addressed as 'Horse' in a pub with:

"If there was a tail [tale?] to my butt I might be a horse."

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Na he did, and it doesn't excuse basic manners, also when I get the matthews coach up the country the bus drivers are sound, never once had a scowl or just any rudeness, maybe country people are just more pleasant to be around.

Maybe the bus driver is a country person ? and maybe city people are just more pleasant to be around :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Anyone else having lousy experiences with Dublin Bus Drivers,
    Tried to be polite to one this morning, cheerfully said hello, he just glared at me angrily, said nothing then scowled ahead, I mean do they have to be such arrogant Pr!cks! dealing with the public all the time?

Which town or county has the worse bus drivers?

As A Dublin Bus Driver Myself I Say Hello/Goodbye Thank You Etc To Everybody
    That Boards/Disembarks and 90% Off Them Blank Me(mostly Females im sorry to say):(

endacl wrote: »
    They’re grumpy because they’re bus ****.

A Bus Wanker Is A Person Who Uses The Bus Not The Drivers:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

mondeoman2 wrote: »
    As A Dublin Bus Driver Myself I Say Hello/Goodbye Thank You Etc To Everybody
    That Boards/Disembarks and 90% Off Them Blank Me(mostly Females im sorry to say):(
    fair play and that's why I said hello in the first place, Id say it's a tough job and I didn't want to take him for granted by not saying hello, I could have just walked ahead not saying a word, this guy was literally seething though at like 7.00am in the morning

• Advertisement

fair play and that's why I said hello in the first place, Id say it's a tough job and I didn't want to take him for granted by not saying hello, I could have just walked ahead not saying a word, this guy was literally seething though at like 7.00am in the morning

Hi,
    I Must Admit That There Are A Lot of **** in The Job,But Every job Has Them I Suppose;):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

with covid drivers want least interactions with people.there is more chance of catching
    and dying with a thousand people walking past you and getting droplets on you and were they sit.your probably 2 feet away and masks have liitle protection unless it's n95 or kn95

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Usually the foreign ones are the friendliest. The local drivers seem the rudest from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Usually the foreign ones are the friendliest. The local drivers seem the rudest from my experience.

same goes for the taxi drivers in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Most Bus Drivers I have seen are pleasant. Normal interactions with normal people goes fine.
    Now, There are is a group of people who are a sub set with a sub set (Junkies who just got disability passes) who are the rudest, racist and most ignorant on public transport. Effin' think they got their Travel Pass, they now own the world.

• Advertisement

Anyone else having lousy experiences with Dublin Bus Drivers,
    Tried to be polite to one this morning, cheerfully said hello, he just glared at me angrily, said nothing then scowled ahead, I mean do they have to be such arrogant Pr!cks! dealing with the public all the time?

Which town or county has the worse bus drivers?

Bus drivers are grand. They have to deal with thousands of people who may or may not be Covid carriers. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Some drivers are alright and some are Di*kheads.
    Truth be told tho it's that type of job that would make you a di*khead. They'd meet some sorts.

I used to work in retail and for anyone reading who has never dealt with the public you meet some self-entitled jerks out there. While not everyone there is quite a significant number of people in this world who treat staff as personal servants.
    I have seen customers go up and ask if xyz item is in stock and to be politely told no it isn't. Only for said customer to go up to a manager and say how the member of staff was rude. Seen it more than once too.

So I can only imagine what it's like working for Dublin bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've been abused, threatened, spat on, punched, grabbed and some other mad things.
    I was even charged with dangerous driving and in court for sitting in traffic not even moving... Very long story but a taxi driver stated I had tried to kill him and somehow even with witnesses stating otherwise the Gaurd went ahead with it....

Steering wheel has been grabbed too, followed and blocked in, numerous collisions and some hit and runs too.

Its even worse now with these new cycle poles all around the city where a bus no longer fits in a lane and bus lanes where the bus must wait to get out into traffic to pass these poles.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

They're payed to drive the bus not soothe your ego.

🙈🙉🙊

The mad thing is, many many many complaints are bizarre and tend to be caused by the complainant....

I have had so many over he years where they've approached me but then turn it around that I did or threatened or took against their will and so on....
    Bizarre

Seems to be nearly every second bus driver I meet.

Maybe you are the issue then?

In my 30 years being allowed get the bus on my own, the driver's have 99% been sound and 1% decent.

Never shouted at me, never rude and helpful with stops, letting people know local info and directions. Above and beyond I have to say.

In return they get abused and assaulted. They have a lovely canteen though.

db for example has a huge team that are paid to listen or deal with complaints and the Driver isn't.

I could never understand it oy that the Driver is the 1st person they see from the company with the uniform, I've learnt very fast that mostly it's not personal and it's an attack on what I'm wearing so to be honest I don't care and go home and sleep like a baby..... Oh and by the way that's not a heartless don't care it is that I don't bring it home and get on with my life.
    I will help anyone out or let them off the fare if they treat me with even a little bit of respect but if I get agro or just plain bad manners I won't be going out of my way.

Over the years I've dropped people off the route or gone further as they've missed the last bus or fell asleep etc etc.... Got belongings back to them, picked people up after falling etc etc...
    Helped people in distress, people worried they're been followed or know they are and got assistance.

Mad things happen it's life but people really need to chill and take a breath before they start having a go at the Driver.....

Maybe you are the issue then?

That is what Jordan Petersen says : "Sometimes the problem is you!".
    I have only a few times seen a stressed bus driver and I didnt see what goes on before hand.
    They are men and women driving buses of up to 80 people choca-bloc in deep traffic under stress. Sure they are going to be stressed. I am sure many of the bus drivers I have seen are all carrying their own problems but I would never know that. They are people I depend on every day and am very grateful to them.

That is what Jordan Petersen says : "Sometimes the problem is you!".
    I have only a few times seen a stressed bus driver and I didnt see what goes on before hand.
    They are men and women driving buses of up to 80 people choca-bloc in deep traffic under stress. Sure they are going to be stressed. I am sure many of the bus drivers I have seen are all carrying their own problems but I would never know that. They are people I depend on every day and am very grateful to them.

Up to 124 on board..,.

Now it's obviously a lot less till we beat China virus

Up to 124 on board..,.

No fuppin' way.
    Wait is that the upper legal limit or the upper limit (thinking Japanese train passengers crushed in)?
    Crazy job, day in day out. Obviously little thanks from this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

No fuppin' way.
    Wait is that the upper legal limit or the upper limit (thinking Japanese train passengers crushed in)?
    Crazy job, day in day out. Obviously little thanks from this thread.

The larger tri axle buses take that amount. The regular double deckers is around 90-95

I've had around 120 on an ax before, was nuts they all piled on and just got out of there, after a concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Get Real

Always thought they were a sound bunch tbh. Sure, one or two experiences have been had.

But you can't judge the person based off a 30second interaction. You could be on the bus with same driver a week later and they'd be sound.

Maybe they had an arsehle customer a few stops before you. Maybe they got frustrated at a driver cutting them off. Alot of the time, mood affects our responses but we don't actually know it ourselves. He's dealt with 200 plus people that day and you might just be starting your day and have dealt with 2.

I can't see how much interaction is needed with a bus driver anyway. So if it gets far enough that you get a snarky driver, perhaps ask how you got into that situation in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

What route was it? That will tell a lot about whether it was the driver or the passenger that's the ahole :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I wouldnt like the job myself.
    Driving a massive vehicle around ****e roads dealing with all sorts of ballbags on the roads and on the bus.

Get Real wrote: »
    Always thought they were a sound bunch tbh. Sure, one or two experiences have been had.

But you can't judge the person based off a 30second interaction. You could be on the bus with same driver a week later and they'd be sound.

Maybe they had an arsehle customer a few stops before you. Maybe they got frustrated at a driver cutting them off. Alot of the time, mood affects our responses but we don't actually know it ourselves. He's dealt with 200 plus people that day and you might just be starting your day and have dealt with 2.

I can't see how much interaction is needed with a bus driver anyway. So if it gets far enough that you get a snarky driver, perhaps ask how you got into that situation in the first place.

I got into that situation I the first place because I was polite and said hello, then got completely ignored, doesn't really need much more explaining than that does it?

I've been abused, threatened, spat on, punched, grabbed and some other mad things.
    I was even charged with dangerous driving and in court for sitting in traffic not even moving... Very long story but a taxi driver stated I had tried to kill him and somehow even with witnesses stating otherwise the Gaurd went ahead with it....

Steering wheel has been grabbed too, followed and blocked in, numerous collisions and some hit and runs too.

Its even worse now with these new cycle poles all around the city where a bus no longer fits in a lane and bus lanes where the bus must wait to get out into traffic to pass these poles.....
    Fair enough your one of the good ones

I got into that situation I the first place because I was polite and said hello, then got completely ignored, doesn't really need much more explaining than that does it?

I understand, there are a few like this and some are a totally different person out of the seat, there are at times moments or longer where the job and people wear one down, it can be tough, I like to just see it as an attack on the uniform and it's not personal so I go home and forget about it and treat all as I would like to be....

If someone is a tool then of course I'm not going to be friendly or helpful.....

To the Driver in the big crash last night o hope you get better soon......

Northumberland road last night believe to be stolen car ran red, hit bus, bus hit tree and railings and roof off, passenger injuries also.
    Car on its side further up.the road with roof cut off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

rare you meet one who isnt surly , not for their charming personalities they are employed

Advertisement