Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Drivers

Options
  • 29-09-2020 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having lousy experiences with Dublin Bus Drivers,
    Tried to be polite to one this morning, cheerfully said hello, he just glared at me angrily, said nothing then scowled ahead, I mean do they have to be such arrogant Pr!cks! dealing with the public all the time?

Which town or county has the worse bus drivers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

They're not usually. Just one having a bad day.

I'm sure you'll survive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

A lousy experience?

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

They're not usually. Just one having a bad day.

I'm sure you'll survive
    It seems to be every day now I wouldn't mind but they get, what €44,000 a year enough to buy good manners no?

It seems to be every day now I wouldn't mind but they get, what €44,000 a year enough to buy good manners no?

I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

My solicitor is an arsehole but I still have to pay him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Tried to be polite to one this morning, cheerfully said hello, he just glared at me angrily, said nothing then scowled ahead, I mean do they have to be such arrogant Pr!cks! dealing with the public all the time?

I would rather deal with 1,000,000 frowning bus drivers than the current feral teenagers infestation on the red and green lines, screaming and acting like rabid animals free of any consequences.

• Advertisement

The_Brood wrote: »
    I would rather deal with 1,000,000 frowning bus drivers than the current feral teenagers infestation on the red and green lines, screaming and acting like rabid animals free of any consequences.

True true, maybe that's why they act the way they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

My solicitor is an arsehole but I still have to pay him.

Stop calling people arseholes, less lawsuits :D

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Stop calling people arseholes, less lawsuits :D

No.

He is an arsehole.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I'd imagine they just get ground down dealing with people all day. I know I did. I'd still try to be polite though.

I'd imagine they just get ground down dealing with people all day. I know I did. I'd still try to be polite though.

That's understandable. Dealing with the public can be challenging and I can certainly understand why someone would get fed up in a job like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

You are supposed to tip Dublin bus drivers. That's why they are being cold with you

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

Remember once getting the bus from the Airport into town and there was this elderly Spanish couple who didn't put their luggage on the rack.
    The driver kept yelling from his booth, but those folks had very basic English and didn't realise he was talking to them. Next thing he comes out, starts yelling at them and they just looked so shocked.

Thought to myself, that is a nice friendly welcome - céad míle fáilte !:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

The only time I felt pissed off with DB drivers, is when driving in Dublin. They can be right road hogs.

I've cycled in Dublin and I always stay behind the bus. I'd rarely overtake it on the outside unless it's stopping for a load of passengers. It's easier to cycle with them then drive with them.

As for the drivers inside the bus. Hardly ever interact with them. Leap card all the way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

The drivers job is to drive the bus not greet every passenger getting on. I'd also imagine that the driver may not have even heard you say hello as you were probably wearing a mask and the holes in the assault have been sealed due to covid making it harder for drivers to hear passengers speak.

GT89 wrote: »
    The drivers job is to drive the bus not greet every passenger getting on. I'd also imagine that the driver may not have even heard you say hello as you were probably wearing a mask and the holes in the assault have been sealed due to covid making it harder for drivers to hear passengers speak.

Na he did, and it doesn't excuse basic manners, also when I get the matthews coach up the country the bus drivers are sound, never once had a scowl or just any rudeness, maybe country people are just more pleasant to be around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Na he did, and it doesn't excuse basic manners, also when I get the matthews coach up the country the bus drivers are sound, never once had a scowl or just any rudeness, maybe country people are just more pleasant to be around.

Or maybe you just experienced an unpleasant induvidual or bad egg if you like they exist everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Union rep says no to hello, drivers to strike if required to be courteous.*

* Dramatisation may not be reality accurate.

GT89 wrote: »
    Or maybe you just experienced an unpleasant induvidual or bad egg if you like they exist everywhere

Seems to be nearly every second bus driver I meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Write a strongly worded email to Dublin Bus about it.

You want 5 star service, go hire a limo.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

In my experience most drivers are decent. Though on my regular route there's one who never bothers even acknowledging passengers. I call him Smiler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

Mate was boarding the bus and he greeted the driver with a casual, Alright horse!?
    Driver being in bad form gives him a stiff look and says with thick Dublin accent, Do i look like a bleeeeding horse?!
    Mate didn't respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

They are usually a shower of grumpy pricks, I never say hello or thanks to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Passengers can be right cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Write a strongly worded email to Dublin Bus about it.

You want 5 star service, go hire a limo.

Or a taxi. They are always pleasant, courteous, up to date on world affairs.....

Smelly passengers is s big thing as is abusive ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

pgj2015 wrote: »
    They are usually a shower of grumpy pricks, I never say hello or thanks to them.

They’re grumpy because they’re bus ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Passengers can be right cnuts

They’re grumpy because they’re bus ****.

Op you should have sang to the Driver..

The wheels on the bus go swish swish swish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Nonsense from the op, a man is entitled to be grumpy whenever he wants, and wherever he wants, this crap of people expecting everybody to be sunshine and lollipops is ridiculous, it belongs in Alice in wonderland and not real life, get over it op and respect the rights of those who are grumpy.

• Advertisement

I treat everyone exactly as they treat me.

Advertisement