Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demon's Souls - PS5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

30 hours in and at level 78. Not finding it difficult at all and bosses are quite easy compared to other From Soft games. I've killed most bosses on the first go but only taken more than five goes on Armoured Spider.

Swapping between my Cresent Falchion, Crushing Battle Axe, Winged Spear and Meat Cleaver.

Done up as far as Penetrator in W1, Demon God in W2, Old Monk in W3, Old Hero in W4 and Leechmonger in W4.

Really enjoying it so far and will do a few more playthroughs when I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TitianGerm wrote: »
    30 hours in and at level 78. Not finding it difficult at all and bosses are quite easy compared to other From Soft games. I've killed most bosses on the first go but only taken more than five goes on Armoured Spider.

Swapping between my Cresent Falchion, Crushing Battle Axe, Winged Spear and Meat Cleaver.

Done up as far as Penetrator in W1, Demon God in W2, Old Monk in W3, Old Hero in W4 and Leechmonger in W4.

Really enjoying it so far and will do a few more playthroughs when I'm done.

Coming near the end of my Dark Souls 3 playthrough, I'm getting a hankering to go back to Demons Souls when I finish and try a Dex build.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Penn wrote: »
    Coming near the end of my Dark Souls 3 playthrough, I'm getting a hankering to go back to Demons Souls when I finish and try a Dex build.
    I did a dex playthrough recently and it was probably favourite playthrough so far! By the end of the game with my stamina high i was like a food blender cutting through the enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I have given up on DS3, can't get past the first boss in the ringed city DLC. Double boss followed by another even more powerful one. Be like fighting maneater except you have to deal with both of em straight away, and if you manage to kill them you have to fight another even bigger maneater.

Might just go back to Demon's Souls.

Playing through a Dex build. Got the majority of the way through 4-1, including the red eye knights, vanguard demon and the big skellys along the back of the cliff.

Fell off a small cliff path because my sword kept hitting off the rocks while I was trying to kill a crystal lizard and lost about 15k souls. Decided to just run past enemies to get back to where I was but couldn't shake the rolling skellys and got killed.

Remembered why I hate this damn game sometimes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Want to play this so much... by the time I get a PS5 the multiplayer aspect will be dead... :(

Managed to hit a huge stroke of luck and got a pure bladestone, pretty much the rarest item in the game from what I've read, while farming black skeletons for bladestone chunks. Had only planned on getting my uchigatana to +4 but now if I farm more chunks and can get it to +5.

Managed to hit a huge stroke of luck and got a pure bladestone, pretty much the rarest item in the game from what I've read, while farming black skeletons for bladestone chunks. Had only planned on getting my uchigatana to +4 but now if I farm more chunks and can get it to +5.

I got one the first time I killed the skeleton behind the fake wall in 4-2. Only found out later it's a rare drop.

I got one the first time I killed the skeleton behind the fake wall in 4-2. Only found out later it's a rare drop.

I think I got one in my first playthrough from either the same skeleton as you or the black phantom skeleton later in 4-2, just because I had to try run that area a few times due to dying. But was playing strength build so had no need for it. Like you, I only found its a rare drop when prepping this dex build and seeing what weapons to go for. But ready online some people really struggle to get it to drop, even in pure black world tendency.

Does anyone fancy invading my world this evening and letting me kill them so I can get Pure White Character tendency?

Was running around in human form this morning for 2+ hours and no one invaded me and I can't seem to get the killing blow when helping with Old Monk so stuck needing one (possibly two) kills to get me to PWCT.

• Advertisement

Does anyone fancy invading my world this evening and letting me kill them so I can get Pure White Character tendency?

Was running around in human form this morning for 2+ hours and no one invaded me and I can't seem to get the killing blow when helping with Old Monk so stuck needing one (possibly two) kills to get me to PWCT.

I should be able to. You can PM me your PSN if you want.

Edit: Seems there's a soul level range requirement for invading, even as friends. I've characters at 103, 85 and 63. Might want to check what range of player you can match with.

I should be able to. You can PM me your PSN if you want.

Edit: Seems there's a soul level range requirement for invading, even as friends. I've characters at 103, 85 and 63. Might want to check what range of player you can match with.

I'm 85 or 86 I think. Unfortunately not going to get back on today so it'll probably be next weekend before I manage to.

My PSN ID is TitianGerm if you want to add me anyway.

And cleared this morning on my strength character. Took about 7 goes on the False King because I kept getting to greedy and trying for an extra hit when it wasn't on.

I found the bosses quite easy which is a bit disappointing.

Will try magic build now and see how it plays.

Very enjoyable overall but I think it's behind Dark Souls, Sekiro and BB for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I found the bosses quite easy which is a bit disappointing.

Will try magic build now and see how it plays.

Very enjoyable overall but I think it's behind Dark Souls, Sekiro and BB for me.
    Bear in mind it was the mother of them all.....

For the time ground breaking especially as to play it originally we had to import it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Taltos wrote: »
    For the time ground breaking especially as to play it originally we had to import it...

I think a lot of the initial Demon's Souls experience has been lost.

Still remember that initial 'wtf is this game' 9/10 review from eurogamer that sent me on the hunt for the game.

It was next to impossible to find and you had to pay attention to the wiki to keep track of stock drops in Hong Kong. Really looked like this game would never make it out of Japan/Asia.

And then there was the community aspect of the game. Everyone was just discovering the souls series and trying to figure out what the actual hell was this game and to try and understand it.

It felt like the old says when you'd be stuck on a boss in megaman 2 and have to figure it out with all your friends or find someone from the older classes that had beaten it to get advice.

Of course now these games have been busted wide open. That magic is gone but the game is still great even if it's a bit easier now that we all know what to expect and how to handle it.

I eventually got a copy from Canada - no real community at the time, stumbled around in the dark never knowing was I in the right place and then the first invasion happened... Bloody hell my bp spiked and I ran around like an idiot.
    In fairness not much has changed, got handed my ass in pvp in DS3 yesterday (sorcery build no agility), seeing the victor drop rubbish on my corpse had my finger inching to offline play...

I can't imagine what trying to make sense of the world tendency stuff would have been like when the game was first released. I repeatedly googled it during my first playthrough and still barely understood it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Once you did get it you could finally understand all the suicides in the nexus :D

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Once you did get it you could finally understand all the suicides in the nexus :D

"Wait... People are actually choosing to play the game with half health? Hahaha, those idiots..... Why are all these red guys appearing everywhere?....."

Nothing to do with invasions. If you die while human you go to black world tendency.

And playing with half health, well three quarters health, is actually easier as you do more damage.

• Advertisement

Nothing to do with invasions. If you die while human you go to black world tendency.

And playing with half health, well three quarters health, is actually easier as you do more damage.

I meant the extra black phantom enemies who appear in black world tendency, not just invaders. Plus the NPCs who become black phantoms in pure black.

But definitely a lot of things where you might not notice (like changes in damage or enemy HP) and changes to maps opening new areas that you might never have a clue about playing the game blind. Elden Ring will be the first FromSoftware game I get on release, and I've no doubt I'll play it once, then play it a few months later when people have figured out all the systems/secrets that are barely explained in the game.

I meant the extra black phantom enemies who appear in black world tendency, not just invaders. Plus the NPCs who become black phantoms in pure black.

But definitely a lot of things where you might not notice (like changes in damage or enemy HP) and changes to maps opening new areas that you might never have a clue about playing the game blind. Elden Ring will be the first FromSoftware game I get on release, and I've no doubt I'll play it once, then play it a few months later when people have figured out all the systems/secrets that are barely explained in the game.

People usually have them pretty figured out very quickly at this stage.

I usually end up bouncing off them and coming back to them and inhaling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

What build would ye recommend for a noob ? I really want to get into the soulsborne series .

Royalty starting classs. Sword and board. favour dexterity. And have a few sorceries because they are OP as ****.

brady12 wrote: »
    What build would ye recommend for a noob ? I really want to get into the soulsborne series .

Magic is pretty overpowered in the game with the right build (Royalty starting class), but to be honest I think it's a tough build for a first playthrough of the game, especially first soulsborne. I'd advise starting with Temple Knight and mostly focusing on Strength with some magic too as you go along. It means you can mostly just whack things and carry more armour to tank hits a bit more.

brady12 wrote: »

Also since this is your first one a few things.
    They are similar but all different
    Don’t be ashamed to grind a fair bit and to die an awful lot.

If you can’t parry - not the end of the world - have completed each one multiple times and never managed to nail that move.

If you are a few hours in and the build just isn’t working for you just restart.
    Some bosses are a nightmare - call in reinforcements when you must, be prepared this can make it more difficult - but use YouTube for guidance on techniques for whatever build you’ve chosen - there are loads of tips out there.

Walk don’t run - being cautious can help you live a bit longer while you explore. Most enemies can be outrun and will forget about you eventually.

Oh and you’re in for a blast - first time in the game its all ahead of you so don’t watch too many spoilers...

And above all:

Git Gud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Royalty starting classs. Sword and board. favour dexterity. And have a few sorceries because they are OP as ****.

Yup, to add to this, as soon as you can go to world 4-1. It will be tough but if you can get or run past a few enemies there is a sword there that will make you OP AF for the first 30% of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

So have picked up a ps5 three weeks ago and had eventualy got to start this, loving it except for the fact its broken, Ive been the false Idol three times and the cutscene wont load.

Have returned to the nexus, played other levels etc and same outcome, so thats that the only reason to only a ps5 currently and its broken, unsure if I will bother replaying as I am that annoyed with it

• Advertisement

There's a guy who brings her back to life. Beside the arrow-machine statue, you need to go up the round tower on the right-hand-side (facing towards the church), and run to the end. There's a guy with a bell or something overlooking the church who asks you to spare him (also a key there for some areas in the prison). But he brings Fool's Idol back to life if you leave him alive. You need to kill him first, kill her, then go around the back of the altar for the cutscene to kick in.

It's sneaky as f*ck, and only for messages on the ground calling him a liar etc, it's 50/50 whether or not I would have killed him or not.

Hope that's what's causing your issue anyway.

Advertisement