Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demon's Souls - PS5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

So I'm currently in the middle of my 2nd and 3rd playthrough. I'm taking turns going between the 2.
    Near the end with my magic build and it's been fun but I'm doing a Dex playthrough and I am loving it! I've never really done a dex build run in a souls game before and it's a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I'm finding this much more difficult than dark souls 1 to 3 and Bloodborne. What order should one do the areas in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

There are a few guides, rule of thumb work your way around 1st area in each world.
    1-1 1-2
    2-1
    3-1
    4-1
    5-1

Etc, further you go in tougher it gets. I’m using magic so a lot of ranged attacks. Keep an eye on your load, things that don’t weigh you in the other games hit you hard here...

I was doing well in the shrine of storms now a red guy appears at the start of the level who is impossible to beat at my current level

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I was doing well in the shrine of storms now a red guy appears at the start of the level who is impossible to beat at my current level

You have PBWT, killing Satsuki will shift it towards PWWT.
    Even after beating him there will be black silver and gold phantoms dotted around the area.

Great for farming though.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    You have PBWT, killing Satsuki will shift it towards PWWT.
    Even after beating him there will be black silver and gold phantoms dotted around the area.

Great for farming though.

PBWT?
    PWWT?

Who and were is Satsuki

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

PBWT?
    PWWT?

Who and were is Satsuki

Pure Black World Tendancy
    Pure White World Tendancy

Check the wikis...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Avoid playing in human form if you can for the most part - keep it for bosses. Use the cling ring and play in soul form. The more you die in human form the more it pushes the game into black world tendency, making the game harder.

The only real way to push it back to the easier white or neutral world tendency is to defeat the boss or kill a specific enemy in 4-2. If you’re struggling getting past 4-1 at all, your best is to use co-op to help some other players defeat the boss, or call in help yourself to get past the black phantoms.

8GB update available for this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

8GB update available for this now.

That's fairly chunky, wonder what it adds/fixes

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    That's fairly chunky, wonder what it adds/fixes

Can't find any patch notes, but apparently some glitches have been fixed.

Can't find any patch notes, but apparently some glitches have been fixed.

Yep - gold coin exploit being one.

Just finished for the first time on PS5. Very enjoyable, surprised at how much I forgot and how much I remembered.
    Going to give a break now and either play + in fractured mode or start a new build and try dex or faith instead of magic.

Taltos wrote: »
    Just finished for the first time on PS5. Very enjoyable, surprised at how much I forgot and how much I remembered.
    Going to give a break now and either play + in fractured mode or start a new build and try dex or faith instead of magic.

I'm nearly finished my 1st playthrough and totally forgot about fractured mode... cheers!

I ended my playthrough as a level 98 Knight that was a mix of strength/magic/Vitality/Endurance, with a bit on intelligence thrown into the mix.

If I go into NG+ can I still level magic AND strength or do I have to pick one to focus on. Worried I won't be doing enough damage if I spread them.

So pissed! ostrava never shows up for me in 1.3. Bugger - no key for me then in this run. To make things worse I just took our next boss in 1.3 and just ran on and a black phantom took me out in body form... ****e.

sticker wrote: »
    So pissed! ostrava never shows up for me in 1.3. Bugger - no key for me then in this run. To make things worse I just took our next boss in 1.3 and just ran on and a black phantom took me out in body form... ****e.

He can die if you free him and then fail to kill the tower knight, basically if you want to make sure he survives, you have to kill all the enemies on his patrol route every time you run to the boss.

This is why I had no qualms whatsoever about cheesing this by quitting the game if I died to the that boss.

He can die if you free him and then fail to kill the tower knight, basically if you want to make sure he survives, you have to kill all the enemies on his patrol route every time you run to the boss.

This is why I had no qualms whatsoever about cheesing this by quitting the game if I died to the that boss.

Can I just kill him early in ng+ and get the key I'm chasing?

Can I just kill him early in ng+ and get the key I'm chasing?

Yea I think you can get it in 1-1 when you first meet him, there's no way you are going to be able to make any use of the key though (unless you are MASSIVELY over-levelled).

• Advertisement

Yea I think you can get it in 1-1 when you first meet him, there's no way you are going to be able to make any use of the key though (unless you are MASSIVELY over-levelled).

Will my stats, weapons and spells not carry over to NG+?

Will my stats, weapons and spells not carry over to NG+?

Yes they will, but all of the enemies all get a huge stat boost too, and the enemy in that tower is by FAR the hardest one in the game.

Or you manage to pick up poison cloud as soon as you can...

Taltos wrote: »
    Or you manage to pick up poison cloud as soon as you can...

I never really messed with magic in any of these games. I spent all of the boss souls on spells for my NG+ run so I'm looking forward to having a mess around with them.

I never really messed with magic in any of these games. I spent all of the boss souls on spells for my NG+ run so I'm looking forward to having a mess around with them.

The ONE demon soul I consumed by mistake...

They should ask you if you are really really really sure if you want to consume those souls. They don't give you anything you can't grind in 5 mins in the shrine of storms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Dave0301

There is a way to cheese that boss if you get really stuck. Obviously it is slightly cheating (using game mechanics to your advantage I prefer).

I suspect that beating him on NG+ will be a slog otherwise.

Completed this last night. I know I said I was finding it tougher than the other souls games but upon reflection its the easiest . Once you get leveled up the game gets a lot easier. The bosses are very easy . I felt like The Terminator going through the final area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Completed this last night. I know I said I was finding it tougher than the other souls games but upon reflection its the easiest . Once you get leveled up the game gets a lot easier. The bosses are very easy . I felt like The Terminator going through the final area

Agree about the bosses...I still have night terrors about some of the ones from Sekiro :pac:

• Advertisement

They should ask you if you are really really really sure if you want to consume those souls. They don't give you anything you can't grind in 5 mins in the shrine of storms

Agreed - for some reason it looks like a legendary warrior soul so I just consumed it. I've all others - BUGGER!!

Advertisement