Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demon's Souls - PS5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Markitron wrote: »
    Yes they will, but all of the enemies all get a huge stat boost too, and the enemy in that tower is by FAR the hardest one in the game.

It is not a test to get 10% damage off him and then dialogue options appear?

Sorry to spam posts, but I've 3 Pure Bladestones - any recommendations on a decent weapn to upgrade? Using mostly Strength/Dex build with magic about 20 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

sticker wrote: »
    It is not a test to get 10% damage off him and then dialogue options appear?

Yea that's the first bit, you then have to go on to kill the ****er which takes forever.

Yea that's the first bit, you then have to go on to kill the ****er which takes forever.

I thought after 10% of health gone, he stop fighting and gives you the sword?

sticker wrote: »
    I thought after 10% of health gone, he stop fighting and gives you the sword?

You get the sword and can stop there if you want, but Demon's Souls isn't about avoiding fights is it :)

• Advertisement

You get the sword and can stop there if you want, but Demon's Souls isn't about avoiding fights is it :)

Ok - Fair enough! The sword is my primary goal there though! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

He seemed like a bit of a legend so I stopped once I got the sword.

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    He seemed like a bit of a legend so I stopped once I got the sword.

It is an extremely tedious fight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Poison cloud makes quick work of him if you have the spell.

Well, slow work, but easy work :pac:

Cant give enough Kudos to this small channel DadBod covering DS - Super creator with deep understanding of the game/mechanics - easy to listen to and only a shocking 700 or so subs...

Here's his take on the Old King:
    https://youtu.be/0keUHMi8VE4?t=3505

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭McFly85

Just finished my first run through of this, what a brilliant game. I know it’s a remake but it’s easily the most fun I’ve had with a launch title in ages. Reckon I’ll go through it again over Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

McFly85 wrote: »
    Just finished my first run through of this, what a brilliant game. I know it’s a remake but it’s easily the most fun I’ve had with a launch title in ages. Reckon I’ll go through it again over Christmas!

That's the great thing about this game it only gets better after each run.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spooch

One of the most painstaking, frustrating games I have ever played.

Can't wait to play more.

Spooch wrote: »
    One of the most painstaking, frustrating games I have ever played.

Can't wait to play more.

:D

I just started NG+ - My Soulbrandt is doing serious damage in Pure Black CT but the damage from enemies in quite a jump! I suppose PBCT might be a factor too! Just crawling along to get to upgrade to northern regalia.

Edit: actually I assume charachter tendency does not effect world enemies?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,238 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just started this, managed to kill the phalanx demon. Enjoying it a lot so far. Died a lot but... obviously...

Main question I have so far is can you sell weapons for souls? Picked up a few crappy swords and shields, have thrown them into storage but would rather sell them off if possible. Also, I presume I should just go back to where I beat phalanx demon and head forward from there or should I go to another archstone?

Penn wrote: »
    Just started this, managed to kill the phalanx demon. Enjoying it a lot so far. Died a lot but... obviously...

Main question I have so far is can you sell weapons for souls? Picked up a few crappy swords and shields, have thrown them into storage but would rather sell them off if possible. Also, I presume I should just go back to where I beat phalanx demon and head forward from there or should I go to another archstone?

You cant sell items in the game. Best to try each archstone section #1 before going deep into an individual archstone in one go. Ememies get very strong very quick!

See here:
    https://gameranx.com/features/id/212406/article/demons-souls-remake-dont-know-where-to-go-first-heres-the-best-route-optimal-path-guide/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You definitely can move forward from the Phalanx Archstone straight away - that area’s a fairly natural progression, with a very manageable boss. The third palace area is a big jump, though, so that’s when you should go digging around in the other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Have been stuck on Maneater for around 6 hours now. I refuse to summon in help!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Thief ring helps as does poison cloud ;)
    Go in hard and fast...

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

weiland79 wrote: »

Yeah when they team up it can be a real pain. I just go straight to the center to avoid falls and wail on them when the AI goes a bit bonkers. Handy to have a good bow too for when they decide to just hang out in the air for no good reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Try and get a good few slaps on the first one and then use the centre column as cover. Keep looking up to see where they are coming from. Also, be very patient, get a hit in when you can then retreat to cover.

Checked out a few beginners tips videos. Have gotten the crescent falchion but can't upgrade it. Tips also said to get soul arrow, so bought the spell but couldn't use it. Googled and it said need to get intelligence to 10, so farmed and did that. Still couldn't use it, realised I had to attune it. Did that, still couldn't use it. Remembered you have to use a talisman for spells. Did that and still couldn't use it. Googled and it seems there's different types of talismans for different types of spells.

I do enjoy these games, and I get the whole 'figure things out yourself' aspect to a point, but f*ck me so many of these systems can be needlessly complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Checked out a few beginners tips videos. Have gotten the crescent falchion but can't upgrade it. Tips also said to get soul arrow, so bought the spell but couldn't use it. Googled and it said need to get intelligence to 10, so farmed and did that. Still couldn't use it, realised I had to attune it. Did that, still couldn't use it. Remembered you have to use a talisman for spells. Did that and still couldn't use it. Googled and it seems there's different types of talismans for different types of spells.

I do enjoy these games, and I get the whole 'figure things out yourself' aspect to a point, but f*ck me so many of these systems can be needlessly complicated.

Just watch someone play it on Twitch.tv. Way easier than having to think or do anything for yourself

Just watch someone play it on Twitch.tv. Way easier than having to think or do anything for yourself

If only there was some sort of middle ground between the two scenarios...

All I'm saying is some of the systems in this game (and Bloodborne to a lesser extent) are needlessly convoluted. I think its why Sekiro is still my favourite of this type of game. Yeah there was a lot of stuff you would definitely struggle to figure out and it took a while for me to properly find my feet in it, but it never felt overly cumbersome or restrictive, and instead more focus was just on your own ability to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Finished my magic build playthrough at the weekend. Good fun and way easier than my first playthrough (strength). Firestorm completely breaks the game, but in a way that I thought was funny and enjoyable.

Game of the year anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

If only there was some sort of middle ground between the two scenarios...

All I'm saying is some of the systems in this game (and Bloodborne to a lesser extent) are needlessly convoluted. I think its why Sekiro is still my favourite of this type of game. Yeah there was a lot of stuff you would definitely struggle to figure out and it took a while for me to properly find my feet in it, but it never felt overly cumbersome or restrictive, and instead more focus was just on your own ability to play the game.

Are you using the wiki? I find it good with helping with a manageable game route without spoiling the game for me.

Until Maneater that is. Still stuck on the bastard. Have killed the first one by hitting hard and fast as suggested above but still struggling with the second one.

Are you using the wiki? I find it good with helping with a manageable game route without spoiling the game for me.

Until Maneater that is. Still stuck on the bastard. Have killed the first one by hitting hard and fast as suggested above but still struggling with the second one.

I watched a few starting tips videos but didn't want to watch too much. But more and more I've found myself having to pause the game and Google things (again, mostly to do with systems rather than enemy strats or whatever).

I've done 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, part of 4-1 and most of 2-2. Almost had that boss killed first try but he just got me. And then after dying about 4 times trying to go back down the pit on the right rather than the long way round to the left (which I've already been through twice but get lost in the maze at the end), I gave up for the night.

From googling this morning, I should go back to 1-1 and get the thief ring which I never got first time. That seems to be fairly key. Might also farm a bit to level up vitality and/or endurance so I can get rid of cling ring and armour up instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn, keep going on 4-1. It might seem like a maze but it all connects really well. There is a fire long sword down there as well that replaced my falchion crest and was easier to upgrade, highly recommend finding it (googling it).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Boss In 4-1 seemed harder this time around even with the thief ring

• Advertisement

4-1 done. Two skellys with double swords gave me more trouble than the boss. Boss I got 3rd time, first time I barely got to see him because he was hitting me I think from the underside of the upper platforms when I was trying to get my bearings. Second time I found the sweet spot to hit him and got him down once but was stuck between him and wall and couldn't capitalise. Didnt even see the bird on his head until third time.

Using a Crushing Battle Axe which does decent damage and is fairly fast. Just need to find materials to upgrade it more. I'm guessing I go for 3-1 next?

Advertisement