Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demon's Souls - PS5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Got him Muthafvcker!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

weiland79 wrote: »
    Got him Muthafvcker!!!!

:pac:

For me that's a lot of the joy I get from Souls games. Stuck at a boss for ages and finally beating them. Although I didn't think the bosses in Demon's Souls were too bad.

Once I finished it played a small bit of NG+ and got stuck at the first boss :D

petes wrote: »
    :pac:

For me that's a lot of the joy I get from Souls games. Stuck at a boss for ages and finally beating them. Although I didn't think the bosses in Demon's Souls were too bad.

Once I finished it played a small bit of NG+ and got stuck at the first boss :D

He was the first boss i had any real difficulty with and when i got it, it just went my way and i more or less breezed through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I ended up being the boss last night for the Old Monk. I had my trusty crescent falchion and buckler and went through the motions of trading hits back and forth to lull the opponent into thinking this fight was going to play out a certain way. We were just hitting each others shields back and forth for around 30 seconds, sussing each other out in a cagey fashion. I managed to get a hit in and they backed off to heal. The next time they approached me I quickly swapped out my shield for my magic wand and bam! Firestorm! Instant Kill. Evil and unfair? Yes. Fun? Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,238 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Did 3-1 last night. Only thing annoying me was I killed the phantom before the boss fight but died from poison before I could heal (didn't have lotus equipped because didn't know about the fight). Don't know if they were meant to drop items and if I've lost them as they weren't there when I went back.

Watched a few vids this morning and decided I wanted the ring of great strength and purple flame shield to help with flamelurker, but discovered they were at the dragons in 1-1 and I don't have white tendency because I died in body form. Plus the red dragon wouldn't go for the bridge again. But took a chance and timed runs between his flame attack and surprisingly managed to get both. Have also sniped the reaper at the start of 4-2 a fair bit to level up and upgrade some weapons, so feeling a bit beefier now altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Penn wrote: »
    Did 3-1 last night. Only thing annoying me was I killed the phantom before the boss fight but died from poison before I could heal (didn't have lotus equipped because didn't know about the fight). Don't know if they were meant to drop items and if I've lost them as they weren't there when I went back.

Watched a few vids this morning and decided I wanted the ring of great strength and purple flame shield to help with flamelurker, but discovered they were at the dragons in 1-1 and I don't have white tendency because I died in body form. Plus the red dragon wouldn't go for the bridge again. But took a chance and timed runs between his flame attack and surprisingly managed to get both. Have also sniped the reaper at the start of 4-2 a fair bit to level up and upgrade some weapons, so feeling a bit beefier now altogether.

That is quite a good mid game farming spot for souls alright. Think you can get a ring somewhere that boosts souls dropped as well. After beating the boss in 4-4 it turns into a good farming place as well.

Yeah getting 4k each time, and upgraded bow and strength to enough that 3 arrows takes him down.

Took down Flamelurker since I was farming for greystone and kept ending up down where he was anyway.

Should I keep going with the crushing battle axe and upgrade it (currently +3) or is there a better strength weapon to go for? I did google a bit and they recommend the likes of great club, bastard sword and meat cleaver, but they all seem very slow. I do like the speed and radius of the axe. Is there a similar better weapon I could aim for? Don't want to waste upgrade material.

Yeah getting 4k each time, and upgraded bow and strength to enough that 3 arrows takes him down.

Took down Flamelurker since I was farming for greystone and kept ending up down where he was anyway.

Should I keep going with the crushing battle axe and upgrade it (currently +3) or is there a better strength weapon to go for? I did google a bit and they recommend the likes of great club, bastard sword and meat cleaver, but they all seem very slow. I do like the speed and radius of the axe. Is there a similar better weapon I could aim for? Don't want to waste upgrade material.

Battle axe is decent, but I went with the dragon longsword for my first playthrough. Doesn't scale with strength though, but is very viable for a first play through and has a nice move set.

Great club, meat cleaver and the dragon bone smasher will give you the best scaling stats for strength, and big damage later in the game. However, the pay off is the slower move set.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Wait until you clear 4-4.
    24K souls and you are right beside the archstone for an instant reload. :pac:

Can't wait :D

Opted to create the Meat Cleaver and tested it out for a bit on the skeletons in 4-1. One hit for the normal ones. Will take a bit of getting used to though, won't try it out on any bosses just yet.

• Advertisement

Quick question about world tendency; say I killed a primeval demon in pure black tendency and then die before I have the chance to do another pure black tendency event, does the change in world tendency from killing the demon kick in when I respawn or is it only when you use the archstones?

So say I killed the demon in 2-1 but died to Scirvir before killing him, does the change in WT kick in and make Scirvir no longer a black phantom, meaning I have to get to pure black again?

Finished the game. Didn't do all world tendency events and stuff, but did most. Overall really enjoyed the game, probably more than Bloodborne. It looked, sounded and played fantastically throughout. World 5 was a pain in the hole but did enjoy the level design of each world regardless.

I would have some issues. Don't think there was much need for separating strength/dexterity and magic/faith. Maybe I can get strength and dexterity in terms of dps and speed, but having both magic and miracles just seemed pointless to me in terms of gameplay. It all just seemed to result in an overabundance of different upgrade material types and levels that, once you pick your upgrade path, just becomes an annoyance. I ended up having to discard some types of shards because my storage on them maxed out. Not being able to equip magic/miracles yourself was disappointing too.

Said I'd take a quick dip into NG+, but straight away got invaded and killed (f*cking firestorm...), so lost about 120k souls. Then something f*cky happened where I respawned back in King Allant's room, but still in NG+. Thankfully he was extremely passive while I killed him again, gave me 151k souls, and archstone appeared to bring me back to the Nexus, still at the start of NG+.

Might move on to something else, but can definitely see myself replaying in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Finished the game. Didn't do all world tendency events and stuff, but did most. Overall really enjoyed the game, probably more than Bloodborne. It looked, sounded and played fantastically throughout. World 5 was a pain in the hole but did enjoy the level design of each world regardless.

I would have some issues. Don't think there was much need for separating strength/dexterity and magic/faith. Maybe I can get strength and dexterity in terms of dps and speed, but having both magic and miracles just seemed pointless to me in terms of gameplay. It all just seemed to result in an overabundance of different upgrade material types and levels that, once you pick your upgrade path, just becomes an annoyance. I ended up having to discard some types of shards because my storage on them maxed out. Not being able to equip magic/miracles yourself was disappointing too.

Said I'd take a quick dip into NG+, but straight away got invaded and killed (f*cking firestorm...), so lost about 120k souls. Then something f*cky happened where I respawned back in King Allant's room, but still in NG+. Thankfully he was extremely passive while I killed him again, gave me 151k souls, and archstone appeared to bring me back to the Nexus, still at the start of NG+.

Might move on to something else, but can definitely see myself replaying in the future.

Yeah the sodden ring made world 5 so much easier than the first time I tackled it though haha. I agree with the game having too many upgrade materials. I dont see the point in having all the different types of stones and trying to keep tabs on where to farm what. I think the world tendency stuff could also be be explained a little better (or at all need external sources to really figure it out). Overall the game was a lot of fun but definitely not perfect.

Decided to go ahead with a magic build and give it another playthrough. Its tough as hell at the start being so physically weak, bit once you start getting items and armour to boost your magic power (as well as just levelling up) it definitely becomes a lot easier. Most things die to a simple soul arrow let alone more powerful spells.

That said, its kinda boring too. Its not just a case of being overpowered because towards the end of my previous strength build with the dragon bone smasher most things died in a hit or two as well. Its just the ranged combat and not being able to tank more hits just makes the gameplay a bit bland. World 4-2 especially was a nightmare because the ghosts barely took any damage from spells and i didnt have decent strength to kill them easily. Kept getting killed before getting to the 2nd and 3rd reapers. Will finish off the playthough anyway, just world 5 and the last bit of world 1 to go.

Also got the monks headwrap by invading someone to play as the monk, then they died before reaching me, so that was easier than I thought it'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Quick question about world tendency; say I killed a primeval demon in pure black tendency and then die before I have the chance to do another pure black tendency event, does the change in world tendency from killing the demon kick in when I respawn or is it only when you use the archstones?

So say I killed the demon in 2-1 but died to Scirvir before killing him, does the change in WT kick in and make Scirvir no longer a black phantom, meaning I have to get to pure black again?

Bit late but I think only if you wrap that the tendency changes. So you can die loads but don't wrap anywhere

Anyone have any idea what I might have done to make Biorr disappear? I freed him from his cell and haven't seen him since. Isn't he supposed to help me with the Blue Dragon?
    Also any tips for killing said Dragon? I can get him to move from his first position and can get a lock on his head when he's above the doorway but nothing hits him.

Anyone have any idea what I might have done to make Biorr disappear? I freed him from his cell and haven't seen him since. Isn't he supposed to help me with the Blue Dragon?
    Also any tips for killing said Dragon? I can get him to move from his first position and can get a lock on his head when he's above the doorway but nothing hits him.

Did you have him during the fight with the Penetrator at the end of 1-3?

As for the blue dragon, magic can hit him, as well as arrows although it can be tricky to get the right spot. You can snipe it from just under the door. I didn't bother killing it.

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Did you have him during the fight with the Penetrator at the end of 1-3?

As for the blue dragon, magic can hit him, as well as arrows although it can be tricky to get the right spot. You can snipe it from just under the door. I didn't bother killing it.

No he wasnt there for The Penetrator either although I'm playing in soul form, does that make a difference?

No he wasnt there for The Penetrator either although I'm playing in soul form, does that make a difference?

No it shouldn't, but if he wasn't there for the first fight, he won't be for the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Did you talk to him after freeing him? Does he appear in the nexus? If not maybe go back into the cell and see if he's still there.

• Advertisement

Zookey123 wrote: »
    Did you talk to him after freeing him? Does he appear in the nexus? If not maybe go back into the cell and see if he's still there.

Yes I spoke to him and he said something about going to sleep. I never saw him in the Nexus. He's not in the cell.

Is there any point to start the side quest to kill all the NPC's in the Nexus if I cant kill Biorr?

I'm trying to clear a few trophies before I start NG plus.
    None of the weapon upgrade ones seem to be popping for me.
    I've upgraded the crushing short sword to 5 which should give me the master basher trophy I think but no joy.
    Likewise with the quality dagger to +5 but nothing
    And 1 or 2 others.
    Any thoughts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm trying to clear a few trophies before I start NG plus.
    None of the weapon upgrade ones seem to be popping for me.
    I've upgraded the crushing short sword to 5 which should give me the master basher trophy I think but no joy.
    Likewise with the quality dagger to +5 but nothing
    And 1 or 2 others.
    Any thoughts?

They're PS3 trophies, no weapon upgrade trophies in the remake.

F1ngers wrote: »
    They're PS3 trophies, no weapon upgrade trophies in the remake.

I have been farming unnecessarily for hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

After clearing DS Remastered, BB & Sekiro I decided Demon Souls would be my next game in the list.

In BB i used a quality build, DS was a dexterity build with pyromancy so I was going to go with a pure strength build in Demon Souls.

I started off by running the opening area with three characters to see which one I liked best but ended up going with the Temple Knight as I liked his weapon and his shield gave 100% physical reduction although that is not a huge thing as I try to parry as much as possible.

Anyway I'm about 10 hours in and I've killed Phalanx, Temple Knight and the Spider dude. I also killed the red dragon with my bow from a tower when he was flying towards me. I was a bit disappointed I didn't get a weapon from him though :(

Was running with a Crushing Axe I found in the second area but had to change to a Winged Spear for the second world as the Axe was fairly under powered. Have that up to +5 now and it was wrecking the miner enemies.

I'm not finding it to bad so far and I've only died around 15 times and one of those was falling down the hole in the first area with the archer :D Currently around soul level 30 and have focused on Vitality, Stamina and Strength.

Very enjoyable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

TitianGerm wrote: »
    After clearing DS Remastered, BB & Sekiro I decided Demon Souls would be my next game in the list.

In BB i used a quality build, DS was a dexterity build with pyromancy so I was going to go with a pure strength build in Demon Souls.

I started off by running the opening area with three characters to see which one I liked best but ended up going with the Temple Knight as I liked his weapon and his shield gave 100% physical reduction although that is not a huge thing as I try to parry as much as possible.

Anyway I'm about 10 hours in and I've killed Phalanx, Temple Knight and the Spider dude. I also killed the red dragon with my bow from a tower when he was flying towards me. I was a bit disappointed I didn't get a weapon from him though :(

Was running with a Crushing Axe I found in the second area but had to change to a Winged Spear for the second world as the Axe was fairly under powered. Have that up to +5 now and it was wrecking the miner enemies.

I'm not finding it to bad so far and I've only died around 15 times and one of those was falling down the hole in the first area with the archer :D Currently around soul level 30 and have focused on Vitality, Stamina and Strength.

Very enjoyable so far.

If you are playing Temple Knight you might want to consider mixing some miracles into your build. Magic in this game is just too fun and OP to not use, I started with a Knight and put all my points into str/end/Vit for the first half of the game before turning him into a knight/mage before the end. Playing this character is the most fun I have ever had in any Souls game, and is the main reason that Demon's Souls ranks only behind BB for me.

Markitron wrote: »
    If you are playing Temple Knight you might want to consider mixing some miracles into your build. Magic in this game is just too fun and OP to not use, I started with a Knight and put all my points into str/end/Vit for the first half of the game before turning him into a knight/mage before the end. Playing this character is the most fun I have ever had in any Souls game, and is the main reason that Demon's Souls ranks only behind BB for me.

I have a second magic character on Dark Souls so I'm just going to go with strength and miracles (no damage miracles I think?) for some heals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I have a second magic character on Dark Souls so I'm just going to go with strength and miracles (no damage miracles I think?) for some heals etc.

You should also be enchanting your weapon, if you add magic damage they will do insane damage to some bosses.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    You should also be enchanting your weapon, if you add magic damage they will do insane damage to some bosses.

I have a magic falchion I found in the skeleton world that is my second weapon.

Advertisement