Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Moaning of Death: Liveline 23/9 forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The Yuletide Funny Friday Pantomime is in pre production as I type.

Well stop typing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,796 ✭✭✭shearforce

"many people might not know this but jack Lynch was a civil servant in the earlier part of his career"

you're right there, many people don't know and don't care

92 sleeps to Christmas he says. And Covid won't beat Christmas? And the country in ruins. And this is on his mind in September. What a tosser.

As with Tubridy. They should be taking the opportunity of getting it across that Santa Claus too has had to ammend his Christmas plans and can't carry as much on his sleigh this year, but that though the presents may be smaller they won't be less fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

De Arms Trial has literally killed the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

eoghan harris is a bollix...expunge...expunge

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

Gerry is a little loose-lipped here, he could end up in court if he keeps this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Joe is like Inspector Clouseau as he blunders through Irish history confusing everything and everybody as he goes.

We have been warned, more yawnfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

If members of my family contact you Joe, will you not talk about it anymore?

Joe's next buke:

"The Childer of the Arms Trial".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

3pm, and Joe cannot keep time - again.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

We have been warned, more yawnfest.

more to follow after the news with raymond

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Covid can not cancel christmas

Ooooh yes it can!!!

It goes from:

51551 STOP COVID CANCELLING CHRISTMAS CAMPAIGN

TO

51551 COVID CANNOT CANCEL CHRISTMAS CAMPAIGN

And I'm sure we'll have many other variations too.

:rolleyes:

De thread title for Christmas has been sorted. Joe is earning his credentials on dis thread-span.

Covid Cannot Cancel Christmas

Covid can not cancel christmas

Ooooh yes it can!!!

We need a poll tomorrow.

The Yuletide Funny Friday Pantomime is in pre production as I type.

Joe appeared as a hologram on stage one year.

This year de audience can appear as a mega-hologram .

Joe appeared as a hologram on stage one year.

This year de audience can appear as a mega-hologram .

More like a Horrorgram.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

De thread title for De Christmas has been sorted. Joe is earning his credentials on dis thread-span.

Covid Cannot Cancel Christmas

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    3pm, and Joe cannot keep time - again.

Overspilt into news time to plug the tv show.
    Again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

On Liveline tomorrow - the countdown to Easter 2021.

Only 215 sleeps until Jesus dies from Covid and ends up being grand 3 days later

Over on de main Covid thread a poster described the evening bulletin of news as being like The Grim Reaper's Telly Bingo. It's just like something Joe would say!

Over on de main Covid thread a poster described the evening bulletin of news as being like The Grim Reaper's Telly Bingo. It's just like something Joe would say!

Perfect Thread Title actually.

Come to think of if, I don’t think I’ve ever heard Mr. Duffy say de wurds “De Grim Reaper”. Perhaps I’ve found his aural kryptonite?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Listened back on the way to the theatre tonight, what an absolute mess that was. Joe is getting worse week by week at this stage. Not even able to form sentences several times today.

At least the mangling of his new catchphrase will keep us going as the nights draw in. Can't Cope Covid Christmas Cancel, if you follow me.

Listened back on the way to the theatre tonight, what an absolute mess that was. Joe is getting worse week by week at this stage. Not even able to form sentences several times today.

At least the mangling of his new catchphrase will keep us going as the nights draw in. Can't Cope Covid Christmas Cancel, if you follow me.

Today was utter tripe, but it wasn’t even the worst show in the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

George Lee is the Joe of the News bulletins.

Brian Scan wrote: »
    I deleted my post almost immediately.

Ok Brian, I've deleted the responding post in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Just had to listen back on that strange rant from yesterday. It's not as bad as the time he had a laughing fit at the image of a zebra chasing a hoop in a circus.

"One of de aspects of the Jack Charlton ting dat effected people so much was because in a pandemic when we all, where we can’t meet, we can’t hug, we can’t have the craic, we can’t meet strangers and have a joust about your football team or your favourite pop band ... or whatever. In a time when we can’t do dat, we do fondly and rightly remember toimes that we could, where we all danced down O ‘Connoll street, and jumped into de floozie in de jacuuzi, and were arrested and carried round to Store Street by Gardai who were laughing, and dat atmosphere it it it it’s just gone and we don’t know how long it’s gone for so I totally agree with you. So on Bohs, you’re brilliant, I know you’re up there in Dalymount , brilliant club one of the most socially conscious clubs – organisations – in the country indeed. Ammmmmm is there space anywhere up around dere, would dey knock down that monstrosity that is the fizzbourough tower, maybe dey’l, maybe day’l have space for a museum * talks over caller* and look, look at one of de de de, all de office blocks in Dublin dat are now redundant."

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Just had to listen back on that strange rant from yesterday. It's not as bad as the time he had a laughing fit at the image of a zebra chasing a hoop in a circus.

"One of de aspects of the Jack Charlton ting dat effected people so much was because in a pandemic when we all, where we can’t meet, we can’t hug, we can’t have the craic, we can’t meet strangers and have a joust about your football team or your favourite pop band ... or whatever. In a time when we can’t do dat, we do fondly and rightly remember toimes that we could, where we all danced down O ‘Connoll street, and jumped into de floozie in de jacuuzi, and were arrested and carried round to Store Street by Gardai who were laughing, and dat atmosphere it it it it’s just gone and we don’t know how long it’s gone for so I totally agree with you. So on Bohs, you’re brilliant, I know you’re up there in Dalymount , brilliant club one of the most socially conscious clubs – organisations – in the country indeed. Ammmmmm is there space anywhere up around dere, would dey knock down that monstrosity that is the fizzbourough tower, maybe dey’l, maybe day’l have space for a museum * talks over caller* and look, look at one of de de de, all de office blocks in Dublin dat are now redundant."

Tank You For Your Service Transcribing.

Some amount of verbal diarrhoea there alright. As usual when he starts waffling, he can't control himself and just keeps going and going, always increasing the levels of exaggeration to fill the air with noise. Saying Bohs are socially conscious is one thing (although you don't have to dig too deep to disprove that), but then doubling down on it and saying they're "one of the most socially conscious organisations in the country" is just laughable, but he does this all the time when describing almost any entity. Wunderful, fantastic indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

The volume of Dublin references is even more than I thought. It's like hes incapable of expressing emotions unless through the Prism of Dublin geography.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement