Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen's son arrested again...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Part of it is he doesnt accept any responsibility and has no thought for other people. The fact is this is the third time the Allens have tried to "pay away" a problem. The last two times they were successful. You know one of the reasons a society falls? There is blatantly obvious law for the wealthy and another for the poor. Then the poor say if the wealthy dont obey the law why should I?

I dont have a criminal record. Being poor is not an excuse for commit a crime, neither has anyone in my family history for as long as I can remember.

I can understand why you dislike a criminal, I can fathom that. I don't fundamentally agree with it, but lets be honest, he is hardly Jim Moriarty?

But what is your beef with his family, as in the Allen's? What is your issue there?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

Permissive parenting is a cop.out.
    Yes be friends with your kids but not to the point where they can't differentiate between you and peers.

If this lad has issues with ADHD/whatever then his family had, I presume, the financial ability to get him help at an early age.

I realise the junior cert is worthless as exams go but it raises questions as to what his parents were thinking when the lad didn't complete his education not junior cert level.

Maybe he has an intellectual disability, hence not doing any exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

You see most of us are trying to raise ourselves up out of lesser backgrounds. Many of us are coping with adversity. Some of us want to become something than the backgrounds we were born into.

This clown is doing the exact opposite.

Most of us know nothing of his background other than his mother is a successful business woman/ celebrity chef .

He's 20, a lot of 20 year old do stupid stuff. Most of them grow out of it , I'd be hoping this lad does the same. Let the law deal with whatever crimes he's committed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Permissive parenting is a cop.out.
    Yes be friends with your kids but not to the point where they can't differentiate between you and peers.

If this lad has issues with ADHD/whatever then his family had, I presume, the financial ability to get him help at an early age.

I realise the junior cert is worthless as exams go but it raises questions as to what his parents were thinking when the lad didn't complete his education not junior cert level.

I am fairly sure the community liaison officer has a word with Rachel "Here is a number for a private social worker, sort it out before we have to". I am sure Rachel made an attempt but either someone interfered or there was no will to follow through.

The ADHD diagnosis can be made wishy washy with the right psychologist/psychiatrists and appropriate payment. It is insinuating that he is on the spectrum and was only produced to get him off, "The big boys made me do it".

Josh could have done two years in Ballymaloe and gotten a DARE entry in CIT where he would be a celebrity darling, couple of years out foreign and he would be leading day to day operations at Ballymaloe and be taking over the Production company before he was 25 and taking over after 30. But he chose something else.

The parents werent obviously fully committed to stamping this out.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I can understand why you dislike a criminal, I can fathom that. I don't fundamentally agree with it, but lets be honest, he is hardly Jim Moriarty?

But what is your beef with his family, as in the Allen's? What is your issue there?

Told you before NOYB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭thomas 123

To me this case just highlights how lenient our criminal justice system is and how light our sentences are. 3 months in prison for the mass distribution of drugs -

I wonder how much of an intellectual disability he had when he learned how to be a drug dealer?

Orchids wrote: »
    Maybe he has an intellectual disability, hence not doing any exams?

Maybe he is a lazy pothead and thinks he can live like this for life on someone elses legacy without contributing. little sugarball

An intellectual disability does no prevent you doing exams. He doesnt want to try.

Told you before NOYB.

All well and good.

But I doubt going online to have a rant about them is solving anything.

TBH. IMO.

thomas 123 wrote: »
    To me this case just highlights how lenient our criminal justice system is and how light our sentences are. 3 months in prison for the mass distribution of drugs -

I wonder how much of an intellectual disability he had when he learned how to be a drug dealer?

The intellectual disability is try and get him off with the responsibility of being caught for drugs. If you read the whole story he used the school to import drugs. it was more about protecting the school and it didnt happen once.

thomas 123 wrote: »

In all fairness, I doubt any dealers are shíttin bricks either:rolleyes:

22k wouldn't keep Ballincollig going on a slow night, I could imagine. With all due respect to the good people of Ballincollig.

Busting a young mixed up kid with a bit of weed, hardly a toughy for the Gards either. I am sure his name was being "rang out " down the streets.

FFS.

• Advertisement

The intellectual disability is try and get him off with the responsibility of being caught for drugs. If you read the whole story he used the school to import drugs. it was more about protecting the school and it didnt happen once.

I was responding en-mass to the posters who think that’s a defense when he was/is clearly capable of orchestrating organized crime.

No excuse.

In all fairness, I doubt any dealers are shíttin bricks either:rolleyes:

22k wouldn't keep Ballincollig going on a slow night, I could imagine. With all due respect to the good people of Ballincollig.

Busting a young mixed up kid with a bit of weed, hardly a toughy for the Gards either. I am sure his name was being "rang out " down the streets.

FFS.

Should we take it upon ourselves to pick and choose what laws we follow and how much we break them by?

Stop excusing scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Obviously a waste of space that has no respect for anyone including his own family.
    Fookem. throw him in a cell for a long stretch. thats the only thing that might get into his stupid clown.

Dont care if your privilaged / pisspoor or a junkie. A DHead is still a DHead.

The Muppet wrote: »
    He's 20, a lot of 20 year old do stupid stuff. Most of them grow out of it , I'd be hoping this lad does the same. Let the law deal with whatever crimes he's committed .

He had been dealing drugs for the last few years in East Cork. The younger you develop an addiction the harder it is address it. The brain doesnt fully develop until the early 20s. He now has a criminal record with time served. That is fairly serious matter. Have I done stupid things when I was 20? Nothing that got me banned for applying an MNC job or entry into foreign countries.

The future isnt looking bright for wee Josh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭MFPM

Clearly a guy with issues, hardly necessitates a thread?

Parsnips wrote: »
    Obviously a waste of space that has no respect for anyone including his own family.
    Fookem. throw him in a cell for a long stretch. thats the only thing that might get into his stupid clown.

Dont care if your privilaged / pisspoor or a junkie. A DHead is still a DHead.

Finally someone is calling a spade a spade. A DHead will consume you, family, your energy and wealth. Cut away the dead wood and allow the family tree to grow.

MFPM wrote: »
    Clearly a guy with issues, hardly necessitates a thread?

I blame the Examiner if I am being honest.

If he was from Dublin Hill he wouldn't even make the Echo Echo Echo Echo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Don't insult people with intellectual disabilities by placing this lad in their company.

He has seemingly turned out to be nothing more than a sore on society.

How he has the neck to think he can drink and drive is beyond me. no doubt some petty middle class excuse will be brought out to excuse his behaviour.

And a little slap.onnthe wrist, a short stay in rehab and the useless so and so will be out again and up to his tricks.

Have his parents no shame.

Have his parents no shame.

What has his parents to be ashamed of ? I doubt they sent him out to commit crime and most parents of any worth will try help their children turn their life around if they get themselves into trouble.

This stuff is very difficult for parents.

I blame the Examiner if I am being honest.

If he was from Dublin Hill he wouldn't even make the Echo Echo Echo Echo.

If he was from Dublin Hill, he couldnt afford, Samantha Lankford as a solicitor, a publicist, a pilgrimage to africa, a psychologist report and whatever else was produced.

The guy from Dublin Hill (still a scum bag) would take his sentence and do his time and not try to "pay it away".

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    What has his parents to be ashamed of ? I doubt they sent him out to commit crime and most parents of any worth will try help their children turn their life around if they get themselves into trouble.

This stuff is very difficult for parents.

His parents took all the soft options. A kick in the hole and back to boarding school with you would have solved a lot. When the community guard came, the car could have gone into the crusher. Then there was the enabling.

Tough love is harder to dishout and more productive than endless enabling. If you deal with things honestly and openly you will find solutions quicker and more solidly. When has sweeping things underneath the mat ever solved anything. Rachel is no Mary Poppins, that is for sure.

If he was from Dublin Hill, he couldnt afford, Samantha Lankford as a solicitor, a publicist, a pilgrimage to africa, a psychologist report and whatever else was produced.

The guy from Dublin Hill (still a scum bag) would take his sentence and do his time and not try to "pay it away".

That's all true (apart from the unnecessary 'scumbag' tag) but the only reason it's being discussed here is not because of his actions, it's because of his mother.

He had been dealing drugs for the last few years in East Cork. The younger you develop an addiction the harder it is address it. The brain doesnt fully develop until the early 20s. He now has a criminal record with time served. That is fairly serious matter. Have I done stupid things when I was 20? Nothing that got me banned for applying an MNC job or entry into foreign countries.

The future isnt looking bright for wee Josh

It is serious yes but who knows what his future holds. He may see the error of his ways and turn his life around. Beating addiction is seldom plain sailing it usually involves relapses. There is no need to let mistakes at 20 define the rest of your life.

His parents took all the soft options. A kick in the hole and back to boarding school with you would have solved a lot. When the community guard came, the car could have gone into the crusher. Then there was the enabling.

Tough love is harder to dishout and more productive than endless enabling. If you deal with things honestly and openly you will find solutions quicker and more solidly. When has sweeping things underneath the mat ever solved anything. Rachel is no Mary Poppins, that is for sure.

I suppose that begs the question why it didn't work the first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

What do you think the next generation of managers is going to look like at Bally Maloe?
    Rachael should be looking to step aside to let the two boys step in but that is not the case. The Brand wont survive the next generation.

She only needs one of the boys to find the right wife to see it survive the next generation, it's how they roll in Ballymaloe. The 'gentlemen' seem to be of poor character.

MFPM wrote: »
    That's all true (apart from the unnecessary 'scumbag' tag) but the only reason it's being discussed here is not because of his actions, it's because of his mother.

Its not because of his mother, it would have all been forgotten by now if it wasnt for the Allens history of "paying away" problems. There is a very serious history of not dealing with problems and paying away far more serious problems than drugs. The Judge said at the outset of the last trial that he would decide it on its merits and all these "reports" wouldnt sway him.

Its not because of his mother, it would have all been forgotten by now if it wasnt for the Allens history of "paying away" problems. There is a very serious history of not dealing with problems and paying away far more serious problems than drugs. The Judge said at the outset of the last trial that he would decide it on its merits and all these "reports" wouldnt sway him.

How is he connected to the previous problems that his extended family have committed? Of course wealthy people can manipulate the law more so than poorer people but the fact remains this thread is not about this guy's crimes per see, it's the fact that his mother is relatively famous.

That is garbage. Everyone is entitled to free legal aid, unless you don't fit the criteria. In Joshua's case he could possibly elect to receive legal aid, I don't know what age he was when he was busted. But if he was 18 and not living at home and had no income... Eitherways there is nothing wrong with paying for your own legal cover. None of the real criminals pay for it either.

There is no "pay it away " in Ireland. You can opt to pay to be incarcerated in an open prison, with the approval of your sentencing judge. If he was your kid you would pay it too if you could afford it.

Such facilities are neither the Allens' or Joshua fault. These are provisions offered by the laws of the country. Only nutters end up in Mountjoy or other high security prisons and not for all that long either.

Are you not referring to Siobhán Lankford?

Their wealth really seems to bug you, am I right in assuming this?

alias no.9 wrote: »
    She only needs one of the boys to find the right wife to see it survive the next generation, it's how they roll in Ballymaloe. The 'gentlemen' seem to be of poor character.

You go try marry an addict, no money would pay me. Addicts (alcoholics, gamblers, betting all included) will break your heart and send you to an early grave. You want to go into marriage with those issue before you start? Good luck to you. Marriage might last 3 years at best. Though I will say there is a person who marries an addict and that is an enabler. I saw this on the pre marriage course. I saw one guy sweating through the day waiting for a drink. She probably thought "I can change him".

• Advertisement

Thats speculation, we have no way of knowing how his parents have tried to change his behaviour. We only know what has been published.

Yes tough love is difficult to dish out , getting there is usually a process that involves various stages of enabling , some parents can never get there.

Nobody's suggesting sweeping anything under the carpet. Actions have consequences, for a person with a parent who happens to be a celebrity there are added consequences , I'm not sure that's fair on the child or the parents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement