Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen's son arrested again...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    You tell me, you seem to know all about how much the Allen's are forking out these days?

How come the Dublin hill gang aren't getting sent there?

Well?

I dont have any dealing with the law but private psychologist reports cost between €500 and €1000 for HFA report, dyslexia is about €350. I dont know how much a report is when the client tell the psychologist what to write costs.

See that other report that was offered by the psychiatrist for Tim Allen, after reading it I thought he should have been offered a knighthood and canonised until I remembered he was a convicted pedophile. You pay any money you can get these professions to say anything. That is why the judge said at the last trial he wasnt entertaining those reports.

The Muppet wrote: »
    You are obviously pushing an agenda here . Whats your connection to this family?

I have no connection to the family. I am a member of the public that is disgusted with the way they conduct their business and manipulate the law.

Do you think I am a disgruntled supplier or went to school with him?

Do you nor recognise the crimes they try to get away with?

Do you think people should be able to absolve themselves by a few euro in the poor box?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I dont have any dealing with the law but private psychologist reports cost between €500 and €1000 for HFA report, dyslexia is about €350. I dont know how much a report is when the client tell the psychologist what to write costs.

See that other report that was offered by the psychiatrist for Tim Allen, after reading it I thought he should have been offered a knighthood and canonised until I remembered he was a convicted pedophile. You pay any money you can get these professions to say anything. That is why the judge said at the last trial he wasnt entertaining those reports.

I am not interested in talking about his Granddad , who is obviously a pervert. I don't like the sound of him either.

But what does confuse ( and compel ) me is how and why you have such an unhealthy malign for his grandson and indeed the family as a whole? It is dead centered begrudgery on paper, I cannot see any other logic behind it.

But to waste your own time and energy throwing mud at a family from the comfort of your own keyboard takes some doing, I mean really have a look into that?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Cant talk about it here. Go consult back issues of the Sunday independent from 25 years back. I suspect that it has been removed from the internet. It was something very very serious that was paid away.

Mods would shut down the thread if it was discussed and anyone discussing it would get banned

Fair enough. I knew from reading this ye are skirting around something hence my question.

I dont have to answer that question because its none of your business and I am not one of the Allens. You can ask all you want.

• Advertisement

E mac wrote: »
    Fair enough. I knew from reading this ye are skirting around something hence my question.

There is a story there. If you are really interested go look for it. It is not for the faint hearted. You may have to contact the Independent to get the story but it was there and I remember reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I have no connection to the family. I am a member of the public that is disgusted with the way they conduct their business and manipulate the law.

Do you think people should be able to absolve themselves by a few euro in the poor box?

You talk about the crimes of individuals in the family as if the whole family is responsible for them. They are not. Every individual is responsible for their own actions.

You're posts appear to quite personal , thats why I asked about your connection.

So its the money that irks you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The Count of Monte Christo over here.:rolleyes:

I am out, good night.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am not interested in talking about his Granddad , who is obviously a pervert. I don't like the sound of him either.

But what does confuse ( and compel ) me is how and why you have such an unhealthy malign for his grandson and indeed the family as a whole? It is dead centered begrudgery on paper, I cannot see any other logic behind it.

But to waste your own time and energy throwing mud at a family from the comfort of your own keyboard takes some doing, I mean really have a look into that?

I will tell you what, if you go and study psychology for a few years, come back and contact me and you can use me as a reference for a thesis, if you have worked it out. Until then I am not answering any personal questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

The Government, and Judges, are well aware of the pressure on prison spaces. Prisons, or prison Governors, don't 'just decide' to give someone TR either. Nowadays Probation & Welfare, Psycologists, Doctors, Teachers and senior prison management are all involved in the decision making process.

The point was that the Judge had decided he should be jailed for fifteen months. Not your teacher or Doctor. A teacher shouldn't have authority to change someones sentence by 80%.

Streams of people leave prisons every week on early release and temporary release. Do you expect anyone to believe that are hundreds of conferences going on each week with rooms filled with psychiatrists, teachers, priests, green grocers. And they coincidently decide everyone should have their sentence at least halved.
    That's not it. Prisoners are filed out on an industrial scale. Everyperson convicted knows they will serve a fraction.

It's a cop out to say everyone is aware of "pressure" on spaces. Has the state formally acknowledged that sentences handed down by judges are notional and that the prison service gets to choose some ridiculously short fraction to hold people for. They haven't. And that's because if they did then they would have to take responsibility to provide prison spaces to accommodate the sentences/committal warrants generated in the court system.

Sure everyone knows about it. This casual vagueness and inevitability. It's the vagueness that allows everyone to evade responsibility. Then people complain about crime.

• Advertisement

You talk about the crimes of individuals in the family as if the whole family is responsible for them. They are not. Every individual is responsible for their own actions.

So its the money that irks you.

Nope, not the money I used to hang out with some very wealthy people in Cork, money has never been their problem.

Its the attitude to law. It takes one person to commit a crime but a whole family to cover it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Seriously? Regarding cannabis, if he was in another country then he wouldn’t even be prosecuted, regarding drink driving, if he was down the country 30 years ago then some guard would have helped him out if his seat in the pub and into the driver seat of his car, waving kindly as he drive off.

The crimes he is guilty of are at the lowest end of the harm scale, and it could be argued that if the society we live in had any way of progressing, or modernising itself, then those wouldn’t, or shouldn’t even be crimes.

If those sort of crimes “disgust” you then you probably want to stay far away from the majority of documentaries on Netflix these days.

skooter, you obviously have more than a general interest in this and the whole family, I respect that you can't share it but you're coming across as being obsessed with them .
    Do you have the same anger towards the numerous cases we read about every day of other criminals with umpteen convictions that are let go with a slap on the wrist or is it just this person in particular which gets you so riled up?

My own thoughts on it are that he's an absolute a'hole and deserves a proper sentence in a proper jail this time but I have to say I feel huge empathy for his mam, I certainly don't hold her responsible for his actions and I'm sure right now she could kill him ,I'm not a fan of hers or anything but I can imagine how bad she feels and worse again when it's so public because of their 'fame'. I'm sure we don't know half of what she's had to put up with, he is and has been a handful ,she seems to be a hard worker in fairness and having to deal with him can't be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

ffs. Hes a repeat offender. He could have knocked someone down while under the influence. He was caught, Im sure his parents know what a plaster he is and as such will try and get him the help he needs. Is he a lost cause? whos to know. Clearly the early release didnt teach him anyway. I know of a few young fellas around his age and the parents dread getting a call from their son .........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

FYI people, skooter has no vested interest here, he gets this way on all the threads he engages with.

begbysback wrote: »
    Seriously? Regarding cannabis, if he was in another country then he wouldn’t even be prosecuted, regarding drink driving, if he was down the country 30 years ago then some guard would have helped him out if his seat in the pub and into the driver seat of his car, waving kindly as he drive off.

The crimes he is guilty of are at the lowest end of the harm scale, and it could be argued that if the society we live in had any way of progressing, or modernising itself, then those wouldn’t, or shouldn’t even be crimes.

If those sort of crimes “disgust” you then you probably want to stay far away from the majority of documentaries on Netflix these days.

Drink driving has the potential for serious harm but I completely agree with you otherwise.

Skooterblue2 has an obvious axe to grind. Alluding to a cover-up, his source being something he read in the indo 20 years ago. I wouldn't trust the indo to accurately report yesterdays weather.

Whats the guy done? Bought some weed online, and drove while drunk? Admittedly, twice, but even so. I'd rather we save a prison cell for Anto from Tallaght who already has 163 convictions to his name, including assault and theft.

He needs help clearly, though.

Nope, not the money I used to hang out with some very wealthy people in Cork, money has never been their problem.

Its the attitude to law. It takes one person to commit a crime but a whole family to cover it up.

Oh right . I assume you are referring to the crime you mentioned earlier as being reported in the media yet there is no link to it.

I wouldn't have an idea of how a family could make that happen in a world where everything is archived.

begbysback wrote: »

If it was in the UAE, they would have given him 50 lashes and jailed him and he would still have gotten off light and then deported him.

Didnt we have like over 700 deaths a year on Irish roads 40 years ago? then they really implemented drink driving laws and halved it in 10 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Nexytus wrote: »
    The point was that the Judge had decided he should be jailed for fifteen months. Not your teacher or Doctor. A teacher shouldn't have authority to change someones sentence by 80%.

Streams of people leave prisons every week on early release and temporary release. Do you expect anyone to believe that are hundreds of conferences going on each week with rooms filled with psychiatrists, teachers, priests, green grocers. And they coincidently decide everyone should have their sentence at least halved.
    That's not it. Prisoners are filed out on an industrial scale. Everyperson convicted knows they will serve a fraction.

It's a cop out to say everyone is aware of "pressure" on spaces. Has the state formally acknowledged that sentences handed down by judges are notional and that the prison service gets to choose some ridiculously short fraction to hold people for. They haven't. And that's because if they did then they would have to take responsibility to provide prison spaces to accommodate the sentences/committal warrants generated in the court system.

Sure everyone knows about it. This casual vagueness and inevitability. It's the vagueness that allows everyone to evade responsibility. Then people complain about crime.

Spoken like someone that hasn't a clue how Prison works.

What sentence was changed by 80% ?
    A teacher doesn't have the 'authority' to change any sentence but a number of them play an integral part in sentence management alongside the others that I mentioned.
    'Streams' of prisoners are not being released every week and they are certainly not released on an industrial scale as you have stated. I'd be surprised if it was anywhere around 20 to 30 per week nationwide. (Exception to this was earlier this year
    when spaces had to be cleared due to the Covid situation
    )
    Rooms full of people don't sit around and co-incidentally decide that all prisoners have their sentence halved either. In fact the only ones that might get their sentences halved are likely to be doing 5 days for fines or a 1 or 2 month sentence. It simply doesn't happen with Prisoners doing 1, 2, 5 or 10 years despite all the urban myths.
    "Sure everyone knows about it...." doesn't make it true.

Years ago, TR was 'a thing' (albeit not on the scale that you seem to imagine)
    Nowadays every prisoner doing any sort of sentence is tied into 'Integrated Sentence Management' where they are assessed on numerous occasions. The Multi Disciplinary Teams have regular meetings where prisoners are discussed and this is where the 'teachers, plumbers and greengrocers' come in. All input is taken into account before a decision is taken at senior level in the IPS in Longford. 95%+ of the time you're now released on a 'scheme' (e.g. Community Release Scheme) where you're obliged to meet with your case workers, probation and possibly take part in community work etc. and sign on in the prison once a week. Break these and back in you go.
    Loads of people these days 'doing it to the day' as they don't co-operate with the schemes that are in place or with the Sentence Management procedures. They whinge and moan then about not getting TR but they all know the score at this stage.

Oh right . I assume you are referring to the crime you mentioned earlier as being reported in the media yet there is no link to it.

I wouldn't have an idea of how a family could make that happen in a world where everything is archived.

Loads of stuff has disappeared off the internet. Have a look for Enda Kenny making Traveller jokes about being microchipped like dogs and that was taken down off the internet.

Everything is archived somewhere but not always accessible to the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

He needs a helping kick up the hole.

Ankle bracelet the little prick, ban him from driving. Mommys chauffeur can bring him to whatever treatment he needs.

Just cause someone is bonkers doesn't mean they get a pass to do wtf they like. Celebrity son or not.

Spoken like someone that hasn't a clue how Prison works.

What sentence was changed by 80% ?
    A teacher doesn't have the 'authority' to change any sentence but a number of them play an integral part in sentence management alongside the others that I mentioned.
    'Streams' of prisoners are not being released every week and they are certainly not released on an industrial scale as you have stated. I'd be surprised if it was anywhere around 20 to 30 per week nationwide. (Exception to this was earlier this year
    when spaces had to be cleared due to the Covid situation
    )
    Rooms full of people don't sit around and co-incidentally decide that all prisoners have their sentence halved either. In fact the only ones that might get their sentences halved are likely to be doing 5 days for fines or a 1 or 2 month sentence. It simply doesn't happen with Prisoners doing 1, 2, 5 or 10 years despite all the urban myths.
    "Sure everyone knows about it...." doesn't make it true.

Years ago, TR was 'a thing' (albeit not on the scale that you seem to imagine)
    Nowadays every prisoner doing any sort of sentence is tied into 'Integrated Sentence Management' where they are assessed on numerous occasions. The Multi Disciplinary Teams have regular meetings where prisoners are discussed and this is where the 'teachers, plumbers and greengrocers' come in. All input is taken into account before a decision is taken at senior level in the IPS in Longford. 95%+ of the time you're now released on a 'scheme' (e.g. Community Release Scheme) where you're obliged to meet with your case workers, probation and possibly take part in community work etc. and sign on in the prison once a week. Break these and back in you go.
    Loads of people these days 'doing it to the day' as they don't co-operate with the schemes that are in place or with the Sentence Management procedures. They whinge and moan then about not getting TR but they all know the score at this stage.

I didnt know this ..... how much does all this cost the tax payer?
    Fupp it!! You are all milking the system bring back the stocks and the cat o' nine tails. You will have less offenders

Loads of stuff has disappeared off the internet. Have a look for Enda Kenny making Traveller jokes about being microchipped like dogs and that was taken down off the internet.

It took me about two minutes of searching for that to find references to it. Sounds like a storm in a teacup. To suggest its been expunged from the internet is nonsense. You seem to spout nonsense as a living though.

Every newspaper is archived in the national library. Any member of the public can go in an read the archives free of charge.

It took me about two minutes of searching for that to find references to it. Sounds like a storm in a teacup. To suggest its been expunged from the internet is nonsense. You seem to spout nonsense as a living though.

Can you post a link to it because I dying to read about it again. Please?

Every newspaper is archived in the national library. Any member of the public can go in an read the archives free of charge.

That isnt always accessible such as in this incidence is it?

85603 wrote: »
    Just cause someone is bonkers doesn't mean they get a pass to do wtf they like. Celebrity son or not.

He is not bonkers. He is claiming he has a learning disability to prevent BCS from being investigated for drug importing. True? He was an employee and the used the company facilities to import drugs into the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

Drink driving has the potential for serious harm but I completely agree with you otherwise.

Skooterblue2 has an obvious axe to grind. Alluding to a cover-up, his source being something he read in the indo 20 years ago. I wouldn't trust the indo to accurately report yesterdays weather.

Whats the guy done? Bought some weed online, and drove while drunk? Admittedly, twice, but even so. I'd rather we save a prison cell for Anto from Tallaght who already has 163 convictions to his name, including assault and theft.

He needs help clearly, though.

he needs help but obviously has not hit his rock bottom yet . the reality of josh is that he has an escalating coke habit that seems to be escaliting out of control and time will will tell if he wants help and hopefully he will come out the otherside

Irish Independent was very different 20 years ago. You didnt have Denis OBrien owning it. Veronica Guerin was doing amazing work were other journalist were afraid to thread. She chased Bishop Eamon Casey to south America for god sake. There was a story there and no one else reported on it. Conveniently everyone else has forgotten about it.

• Advertisement

shafty100 wrote: »
    he needs help but obviously has not hit his rock bottom yet . the reality of josh is that he has an escalating coke habit that seems to be escaliting out of control and time will will tell if he wants help and hopefully he will come out the otherside

How can he hit rock bottom, if his family keep enabling him? Once you hit rock bottom only then can you begin to surface.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement