Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'd love that Ox but that price is pathetic, shouldn't be more than half of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

dmigsy wrote: »
    FGS Swaps token event is on Twitch atm

This is on again, how long do we have to watch it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

RedRochey wrote: »
    This is on again, how long do we have to watch it for?

Just an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just an hour

Just an hour lol.

So it's two hours of "watching" to get an untradeable 7.5k pack after a month or two...

Have better things to do tbh. I mean better things to waste my phone battery in.

I know it's free, but it's just a bit too much.

Also where the fcuk are the Icon SBCs? We've had 2 batches of them in over 3 weeks now.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Just an hour lol.

So it's two hours of "watching" to get an untradeable 7.5k pack after a month or two...

Have better things to do tbh. I mean better things to waste my phone battery in.

I know it's free, but it's just a bit too much.

I mean, I was just answering the guy’s question...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think with the high SBC prices, it's an attempt to make people absolutely rinse their clubs ahead of icon swaps.

Remember than Icon Swaps require a LOT of first owner cards. So, rinse clubs out now, and force pack opening with Icon Swaps over Christmas.

Just had a look at the Storyline Ox we got last year, we got him in season 2 so same time as last year, stats are almost identical but it's 450k vs free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just had a look at the Storyline Ox we got last year, we got him in season 2 so same time as last year, stats are almost identical but it's 450k vs free

They like to re-use cards alright

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/k7ej9n/top_creativity_ea/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

11-4 so far.
    My best start since fifa 19 on pc.
    Puskas 18 goals from 7 games. Incredible form really. Basically having the guy is being a goal ahead from kick off.
    I’m tempted to see how far I can go but the thoughts of playing 15 more games isn’t really appealing
    But then I get to do this with him though.
    Sorry trimming doesn’t work.
    https://twitter.com/a1rblazer/status/1335357039636340741?s=21

https://twitter.com/a1rblazer/status/1335358695933403138?s=21

• Advertisement

Don’t know what it is this weekend... I cannot buy a win at all. I’ve played about 22 rivals games and I’d say I’ve won maybe 5. Started off the weekend at 16 draws and I’m up at 24 draws now... so many defensive mistakes or I can’t attack. Felt the previous gen was a lot smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Played through all my WL games today and ended up with only 17 wins. Lost 3 penalty shootouts but it was a real slog.

Alessandrini was in every bloody team (seriously not an exaggeration), he's completely cracked, far and away the best winger in the game. Typical that its one of the few SBC that I didn't do and now there is no way to get him.

He has 90+ Acceleration, Sprint Speed, Balance & Agility and 86 Aggression. There isn't even a prime icon with those stats.

I think I need to make big changes to my squad. Think I'll sell CR7 and Luis Figo and look for an icon that will make a real difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Hi, How many points do you usually need to hold onto rank 1 in Div 1 ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Stichy wrote: »
    Hi, How many points do you usually need to hold onto rank 1 in Div 1 ? Cheers

Last week for me on PS4 it was just over 13k.

Really coming up against some strong players in my last 5 matches. Only at 12-7 now.
    For the first time ever I’m using various formations to counter the other team and it’s helped me immensely against players who started off strong against me.
    But now I’m seeing players also doing the same to me and it’s far tougher and down to who is the better player overall.
    In these matches Puskas is really carrying my team.
    Alessandrini is only a passenger in most matches I find but I’m not good enough to get the best out of him obviously.

Blazer wrote: »
    Really coming up against some strong players in my last 5 matches. Only at 12-7 now.
    For the first time ever I’m using various formations to counter the other team and it’s helped me immensely against players who started off strong against me.
    But now I’m seeing players also doing the same to me and it’s far tougher and down to who is the better player overall.
    Alessandrini is only a passenger in most matches I find but I’m not good enough to get the best out of him obviously.

What position are you normally playing him in? I found he was far less effective against me in a central role. Playing him wide right he was super effective.

Parawind wrote: »
    What position are you normally playing him in? I found he was far less effective against me in a central role. Playing him wide right he was super effective.

That’s where I was playing him:
    I supposed I’m not really utilising him that much as I’m focussed on getting the ball to Puskas.

That’s where I was playing him:
    I supposed I’m not really utilising him that much as I’m focussed on getting the ball to Puskas.

I'd say use him as the way to get the ball to Puskas in more space. If you dribble with him from a deeper position he just walks past people.

Out of interest, what formations are you using to counter? I’ve always seen pros do it but never know what counters what and how they set up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Any suggestions for a Premier League box-to-box midfielder/second CDM to play alongside Kante in a 4-2-3-1 guys? Neymar gets subbed on as my CAM.

Currently using Allan on balanced and whilst his defensive work is excellent, offensively he’s not up to scratch.

De Bruyne would hardly work in that role would he?

Apart from that the options are probably Wijnaldum or Pogba I guess?

• Advertisement

Out of interest, what formations are you using to counter? I’ve always seen pros do it but never know what counters what and how they set up for it.

I start out with a 4231.
    It’s fine if I meet an opponent playing 442 etc.
    I found this formation is open against 41212 (2)so when I come up against 41212(2) I switch to 442.
    If I’m up against 4231 as well and it’s even I’ll switch to 41212(2) and this gives me the advantage then.
    I must look at more but this was just something I set up this weekend to test.
    For 4122(2) everything is default.
    For 442 I’m using Ivlads instructions on futbin( he’s the guy who reviews a lot of the cards on futbin).
    It’s definitely making a difference as I’m barely losing a game by a goal whereas previous weeks these guys would have been hammering me.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a Premier League box-to-box midfielder/second CDM to play alongside Kante in a 4-2-3-1 guys? Neymar gets subbed on as my CAM.

Currently using Allan on balanced and whilst his defensive work is excellent, offensively he’s not up to scratch.

De Bruyne would hardly work in that role would he?

Apart from that the options are probably Wijnaldum or Pogba I guess?

That Ox card is supposed to be excellent at box to box. A bit overpriced but in general reviews are that that Ox card is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Base icon upgrade number 3. Welcome to the club Zinedine :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Is anyone else on PS5 struggling this weekend league? I can’t get any momentum at all, I’ll win 2 lose 3, win 2 lose 2. I haven’t had an easy game all weekend. Currently 9-10.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Is anyone else on PS5 struggling this weekend league? I can’t get any momentum at all, I’ll win 2 lose 3, win 2 lose 2. I haven’t had an easy game all weekend. Currently 9-10.

Yeah well I just found every single team to be insane like 90% having Neymar Mbappe and more. And I don't ever remember coming up against God squads every single game

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah well I just found every single team to be insane like 90% having Neymar Mbappe and more. And I don't ever remember coming up against God squads every single game

It seems pretty logical to me that many people who can afford to have a PS5 at this point in time (when many people are tightening their belts) or were able to pay scalpers prices would also have a higher likelihood of having extra money to throw at FUT. Next Gen would already have a smaller pool of players to match against, meaning a higher likelihood of facing these types of God Squads.

Parawind wrote: »
    It seems pretty logical to me that many people who can afford to have a PS5 at this point in time (when many people are tightening their belts) or were able to pay scalpers prices would also have a higher likelihood of having extra money to throw at FUT. Next Gen would already have a smaller pool of players to match against, meaning a higher likelihood of facing these types of God Squads.

Yeah like I definitely think there's something to it and it's kinda annoying :( Might go back to ps4 next weekend :D (joke btw :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah like I definitely think there's something to it and it's kinda annoying :( Might go back to ps4 next weekend :D (joke btw :p)

afaik you can play the ps4 version and the player pool on ps5 still.

chips1234 wrote: »
    afaik you can play the ps4 version and the player pool on ps5 still.

I doubt it. Ps5 you get like 2 seconds on the team screen.

• Advertisement

Anyone on Xbox series who got Fifa upgraded?
    Mine is still on the old version.

Advertisement