Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just upgraded to the series x version and it’s no big deal really.
    What is crap though is I’m in div 4 and getting matched with div2 players for rivals. Back to the old version for me.
    Fifa is nonsensical enough without that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Blazer wrote: »
    That Ox card is supposed to be excellent at box to box. A bit overpriced but in general reviews are that that Ox card is pretty good.

Thanks mate. There’s not a chance I’ll spend that much on him though although I do agree the card looks nice for that role.

De Bruyne is so cheap now that I might give him a shot. Other than that Pogba or Wijnaldum look the only other real options.

Maybe the grass isn’t greener and Allan will be the best option in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just upgraded to the series x version and it’s no big deal really.
    What is crap though is I’m in div 4 and getting matched with div2 players for rivals. Back to the old version for me.
    Fifa is nonsensical enough without that crap.

Honestly tempted by that too... next gen version just hasn’t clicked with me at all and I’m down to low 1300s from 1590 on Friday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seeing the estimates online that POTM Bruno will be round 800k - 1m, and realizing there’s no chance I’m splashing that on an untradeable. Probably doesn’t help I’ve no fodder since I’ve not played for a bit but waaaay too much.

Upside, I do see Mbappe is down under the million now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seeing the estimates online that POTM Bruno will be round 800k - 1m, and realizing there’s no chance I’m splashing that on an untradeable. Probably doesn’t help I’ve no fodder since I’ve not played for a bit but waaaay too much.

Upside, I do see Mbappe is down under the million now.

His live card is going for about 900k and that would be tradeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

It makes sense to drop CR7 then and keep Mbappe?
    Post your team up here.

To me yes, Mbappe just felt like he contributes more, plus Chem wise he is an easier fit and brings Neymar into the team. While CR7 forced Figo into the team (who was very underwhelming).

This is the current team, I rotate, Gomez/Van Dijk and Sanches/Kante at the moment as I have yet to decide on who I prefer. Obviously in game i don't run that formation. Swapping between 4222 and 4231.

gFjlalf.jpg

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I just bought a fresh CR7. Going to build a team around him and Joao Felix.

Hope that he works out better for you. I found he was great 50% of the time and other times he was too sluggish with his dribbling and felt far slower then his pace would suggest. Some games he would make incredible runs and other times would become a statue. What sealed it for me was that I realised that I was never worried when I played against him, he never caused a problem for my defence in any game. I think Joao Felix will outshine him for you.

I was all set to buy Mbappe as soon as he dropped under a million, but IF Rashford has been so good for me since I bought him that I don’t think I’ll bother changing.

Has anyone used both and found much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The team of the group stage cards aren't live.

BrentMused wrote: »
    I was all set to buy Mbappe as soon as he dropped under a million, but IF Rashford has been so good for me since I bought him that I don’t think I’ll bother changing.

Has anyone used both and found much of a difference?

Frakkin Rashfird even his base card is so op.
    I dread him more than Mbappe or CR7

v3ttel wrote: »
    The team of the group stage cards aren't live.

Yeah, was going to say.
    The messaging between the RTTF and TOTGS cards is awful. Colour scheme and tying both to the same competition seems to make people think the latest batch are live, when they aren't.

On the larger point though. As it stands, we've got....

Base 87 Bruno - 95k
    88 IF - 355k
    89 SIF - 555k
    90 TOTGS - 825k. (and will probably keep dropping a bit longer)

If he gets a POTM, it's going to be round the 1m mark for a 91 rated card.

But with three special cards already, and the absolute promise of many more (he'll get at least a TIF and TOTS, and I'd wonder if they might sneak him into TOTY as well), there is simply too many tradeable options to justify 1m coins on a POTM. At least, in my opinion.

If he gets more specials, even just the POTM, his 89 will probably drop another 100k. Would it be worth paying an additional 600k for an untradeable card with a few +1 or +2 stats boosts? Not really sure I could personally justify it.

• Advertisement

He absolutely carried me during the Bellerin objectives.

Players were quitting before the game even started when they saw him in the line-up :pac:

The 77 rated average for the Premier League team meant I could fit him in alongside players like Saint-Maximim, Traore, Sissoko and Ake so could still line out with a balanced team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

I'd say Mbappe is better for games where your opponent sits deep and you have more of the ball trying to create space in the box, while rashford is better with more space to operate or when you opponent is pushing up. I have had a lot of luck starting games with Mbappe and then bringing on Rashford later in games.

PS: I'd say the IF difference is only maybe 5-10%, so running Mbappe and Base Rashford would be the best option IMO.

BrentMused wrote: »
    He absolutely carried me during the Bellerin objectives.

Players were quitting before the game even started when they saw him in the line-up :pac:

The 77 rated average for the Premier League team meant I could fit him in alongside players like Saint-Maximim, Traore, Sissoko and Ake so could still line out with a balanced team.

Ya Bastard!!!!

Market is dropping a ton... Messi down to 400k~ anyone tried him? Kind of tempted at that price.

Market is dropping a ton... Messi down to 400k~ anyone tried him? Kind of tempted at that price.

I have in Draft.

He’s still excellent but is dead on his feet after 70 minutes.

I feel his best position is CAM and he’s still one of the best in the game, IMO.

He’s underrated at that price but they have killed him a bit with the stamina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Tried his 94 IF over the last week, the goals he scored were fantastic, but got pushed around too easily as he his not the quickest or strongest. Probably best suited as CAM to a team that has a top striker he can feed balls to.

Opted for Mid Butra today as his price dropped too and had to sell Messi for him.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Tried his 94 IF over the last week, the goals he scored were fantastic, but got pushed around too easily as he his not the quickest or strongest. Probably best suited as CAM to a team that has a top striker he can feed balls to.

Opted for Mid Butra today as his price dropped too and had to sell Messi for him.

Came up against base Butra and got rinsed by him.. he’s so nimble it’s almost impossible for my CB to keep up with him to push him off the ball. Fantastic card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Do people expect the market to go back up? I.E is this a good time to invest or just hold coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Was hoping Swaps would start today (a few batches started on Mondays last year) but with no leaked code of the card design yet I'm guessing that's not happening.

They're really leaving it late considering they guaranteed it would start in December but there's only 3 weeks left in this season.

EDIT: Yeah just an SBC for an untradeable pack

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Finished that Silver Beasts objective for the Rare Mega pack and managed to get 88 rated Gomez TOTGS & normal Sergio Ramos :O

• Advertisement

Was hoping Swaps would start today (a few batches started on Mondays last year) but with no leaked code of the card design yet I'm guessing that's not happening.

They're really leaving it late considering they guaranteed it would start in December but there's only 3 weeks left in this season.

EDIT: Yeah just an SBC for an untradeable pack

At a guess now, they'll wait and make sure Batch 1 can be doable by people who buy the game at Xmas time. Imagine getting the game on Xmas morning, only to find you've missed half the tokens.

Or, maybe they're trying to figure out how to do Icon Swaps without letting everyone get a free icon? Can't be giving out great cards for nothing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I really hate those black Connabel cards - of the last 8 packs I’ve opened 5 of them have headlined, so depressing when they come up :(

Did the Beckham objectives quite quickly by using a second controller and leaving it down allowing me to rack up the objectives needed.

Packed Lewandowski and Dybala from the resulting packs.

I’m focusing now on going untradable with all rewards and being able to put together 6 or 7 decent first owner players from the various leagues into a team ahead of the upcoming Icon Swaps so both will do nicely for that.

It seems a lot of people are using Lewandowski for coin transfers as he’s only about 80k on the market but there’s bids of 250k-300k on some of his cards.

Decided to try out Cantona this weekend so selling Puskas.
    Only reason is he’s been carrying the entire team and especially Felix at CAM and I don’t like m/m CAMS. So will put Felix at ST and Cantona at CAM.
    If it doesn’t work out back to Puskas :)

Hopped on for a game tonight to test out the 5212 tactics. Jesus it’s a lot of fun using that formation... so much width with the attacking full backs.

Telles and Mbabu each had a goal and an assist inside the first half and then subbed on Atal who got an assist too. Think that could be my new formation with a few players swapped out for others.

Another week, another patch. Patch #7 now and the game has only been out 11 weeks, closer to 10 weeks for those who purchased on general release day.

It seems they have fixed the issue with referees not giving a red card when you hack someone down who is through on goal, but overall the latest changes appear to be geared towards nerfing attacking and buffing defending which won’t go down too well.

Also in the latest code was an interesting “FUT is not accessible in your region due to a demand from the authorities of your region” note. I wonder if EA will just block UT for those in countries that ban the sale of loot boxes/FIFA Points?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

bout time they sorted that red card issue, a lot of red cards will be issued this week as players adjust. the amount of times this weekend I was denied a clear goal

Has anyone gotten anything decent from the Player Pick SBC this time round?

Last time, I did about 10 and even apart from Varane, I was getting 82-84s.

This time, I've done six and only packed a single card above 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lord TSC wrote: »
    At a guess now, they'll wait and make sure Batch 1 can be doable by people who buy the game at Xmas time. Imagine getting the game on Xmas morning, only to find you've missed half the tokens.

Or, maybe they're trying to figure out how to do Icon Swaps without letting everyone get a free icon? Can't be giving out great cards for nothing :pac:

I am hoping they don't do it in batches again given they are starting so much later as if they do you are talking February probably before you can get them all. But of course that's exactly what will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Lord TSC wrote:
    Has anyone gotten anything decent from the Player Pick SBC this time round?

Havent done any this time, but having watched some people on Twitch open hundreds, it's obvious the player weight has dropped massively on them.

Advertisement