Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

15-14.

Enjoyed that. Building round Cantona and Griezmann, instead of having Ronaldo carry me, was quite fun. And got the icon swap done too.

15 wins pick.

92 Andre
    94 Kaylor Navas
    94 Martinez
    92 Gundogan
    91 donnaruma.

Took a Martinez, since he could, in theory, run with the Lukaku I got earlier and Ronaldo.

SBC choices

Toney
    Romero
    Goldson

Wow, that’s a bad selection. Took Romero.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

12 wins pick

89 Tardieu
    89 Embarba
    95 Varane :eek:
    91 Donnarumma

Wasn't so lucky in my PP

93 Hummels
    88 Edouard
    85 Ricardo Santos

Went with Hummels as highest fodder.

They gave me a respectable 3rd pick from the WL plus.

Coman or Carrasco with 3 duds.

The first 7 players offered were discards.

I run a Bunds on the left side so I can use Coman if he works out better than TOTS Kostic.

Finished 17-11. Two losing streaks of 3/4 and its pretty consistent week in week out. Its rarely a loss here and there but a flood of losses.

Thankfully after the second streak the next two quit at 1-0 early in the game, wasn't as if I blitzing them either so they did me a favour as I could easily have seen the losing streak going on longer.

I put Atal back in after the second losing streak and played him up front, considering he's only like 150k now he's a must for anyone.
    He banged in so many I'm wondering why I don't just play him there all the time.

• Advertisement

15 win PP

91 Rafa
    91 Biglia
    89 Llorente
    89 Pukki
    91 Donnarumma

412-B2-C93-9051-4-C21-8938-C22-E69-EA02-C9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

10 token PIM Pick paid out big time!

XVQMwOt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

10 token PIM Pick paid out big time!

XVQMwOt.png

That’s the one I promise the young fella to do.
    Urgh the thoughts of doing all those swap challenges though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    That’s the one I promise the young fella to do.
    Urgh the thoughts of doing all those swap challenges though.

Was gonna do it myself too but saw there’s long shots for the La Liga swap so caved and took the 7 swaps pack instead… got PIM Stoichkov which isn’t too bad.

• Advertisement

FoF cards have gone through the roof/dropped so much today. Was eyeing the Hazard @ 600k the other day and just checked… he’s 900k now. Pogba and Griezmann have dropped by over 50% too.

A Chilwell I bought for my team is gone up 50k, prob gonna cash in on him and fit in TOTS Hernandez instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Jesus, god bless all of us who grinded squad battles for Lucas Hernandez thinking we were guaranteed a +2

Ah well, if my llorente gets a +2 after next match I’ll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Had a few games there with TotS Mbappe on 7 chem and he done nothing for me at all, just seemed to stand about looking disinterested. Missed a penalty right enough :D

Eto'o is so good.....at passing it to Koeman

ZRq22h5.gif

Acuna is getting a +2 after last nights win :)

He’s the only card I’ve bought for my main team this fifa! He’s nearly doubled in price since then too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Hogey007 wrote: »

He’s the only card I’ve bought for my main team this fifa! He’s nearly doubled in price since then too

Yeah, I got him for around 400k. He's an absolute monster.

Calvin wrote: »
    FoF cards have gone through the roof/dropped so much today. Was eyeing the Hazard @ 600k the other day and just checked… he’s 900k now. Pogba and Griezmann have dropped by over 50% too.

A Chilwell I bought for my team is gone up 50k, prob gonna cash in on him and fit in TOTS Hernandez instead.
    Sell Chilwell just before the game tonight, I sold my Pogba for 100k profit in they hype before the match, lucky I remembered as he crashed hard after the loss!!

I started Hernandez for WL in the French setup at the weekend and took him out after a few games for Rio, I didn't like him at all, he really needed the upgrade!
    Hogey007 wrote: »

And my Paredes I got in the PP :rolleyes:

I can nearly afford TOTS/TOTY Ronaldo now, I have 4 million in the bank, thinking of selling up and using his card this weekend.

Griezmann falling hard now. Was 3.5m when I packed him originally, and is under 1m now.

Was sure he’d get above the 95. He’s still been very fun to play with though. Just had hoped he’d be my first 99 rated card. ;_;

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Sell Chilwell just before the game tonight, I sold my Pogba for 100k profit in they hype before the match, lucky I remembered as he crashed hard after the loss!!

I started Hernandez for WL in the French setup at the weekend and took him out after a few games for Rio, I didn't like him at all, he really needed the upgrade!

Yeah, sold him there this morning for 115k. Nice 45k profit on what I bought him for last week.

I was talking about TOTS Hernandez, not the FoF one. He’s gone into the Ramos SBC straight after the game finished :D

dmigsy wrote: »
    Yeah, I got him for around 400k. He's an absolute monster.

They play Ecuador next so hopefully he gets to a 97 then.
    He can honestly play anywhere.
    I had to switch him to rb for a few games and he was solid there, anywhere in midfield and you could use him on wing or upfront if needed either.

• Advertisement

Eto'o is so good.....at passing it to Koeman

ZRq22h5.gif

Out of curiosity why do you attack with a CB?.

I'm assuming you were the same person who showed you scored a 100 goals with Koeman but you're obviously leaving yourself exposed at the back with how you're using him.

Just curious as I don't see anyone else doing it and I wouldn't says it's the most viable tactic?

Has anyone done Ramos CB yet? I'm thinking of doing him and going against the meta and playing him at RB.

I have FOF Llorente who I will switch to CDM so back line would be...

Shaw - Lindelof - PIM Rio - Ramos

Has anyone done Ramos CB yet? I'm thinking of doing him and going against the meta and playing him at RB.

I have FOF Llorente who I will switch to CDM so back line would be...

Shaw - Lindelof - PIM Rio - Ramos

I plan on doing it but I’ll probably wait until the weekend until fodder drops again.

Out of curiosity why do you attack with a CB?.

I'm assuming you were the same person who showed you scored a 100 goals with Koeman but you're obviously leaving yourself exposed at the back with how you're using him.

Just curious as I don't see anyone else doing it and I wouldn't says it's the most viable tactic?

It's fun, don't really care about my W/L record anyway. I can try my absolute hardest with the best players in the game and land at Gold 1 or I can use basically any team I want and still make Gold 2 so I'd rather do the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

It's fun, don't really care about my W/L record anyway. I can try my absolute hardest with the best players in the game and land at Gold 1 or I can use basically any team I want and still make Gold 2 so I'd rather do the latter.

Having fun playing a game?? Wash your mouth out young fella lol.

Good on ye! Keep 'er lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

and that's what it should all be about...at least one of us in here is having fun :)

Blazer wrote: »
    and that's what it should all be about...at least one of us in here is having fun :)

This game would be so much more fun if I could play with a team and not have to worry about chemistry. So many players I'd love to give a few games to. I really hope it's something they change for next season. It may stop you coming up against the same teams all the time too!

This game would be so much more fun if I could play with a team and not have to worry about chemistry. So many players I'd love to give a few games to. I really hope it's something they change for next season. It may stop you coming up against the same teams all the time too!

FWIW at this stage in the game everyone's stats are so high that all you really need is 7 chem for a player to be totally useable.

I think that would encourage it more.

But I think there would be merits for giving more scope to chem players from s**t leagues or African/Asian nationalities.

So many players are pointless because of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

At least I’ll get an upgrade on a FOF card - Chilwell -with England winning their third game

Advertisement