Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Decided to try my luck again and put him in the 86 SBC

Only for him to-be in the Icon Pack Again

You Win EA, You Win

Stoickov was amazing last 2 years.
    Why is he so badly rated this year?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I played almost 400 games with baby Stoichkov and loved him 351 goals 242 assists in 395 games for me. I didn't notice his 3*WF back then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

G1 Rewards:

79 Jahovic
    86 Gabriel Paulista
    82 Paredes
    76 Lloris

85 Lacazette
    82 Guilherme
    82 Paredes
    76 Lloris

Could've been a lot worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Picked up 86 Banega & 86 Maignan from my red picks. Given how poor the team of the week is, that's a decent result.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bartra and lacazette

Man, I adored Laca two years ago, but his red looks weirdly poor for an 85 rated card. Only two stats above 80?

• Advertisement

Mane, Sancho, four 84s and a few 82s. Huh, not a bad week for fodder, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Tenks

Did the Icon SBC and got Zanetti. I already have SBC Doherty and MOTM Cuadrado so really did not need another RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

EA put a guaranteed Moments Icon into the code ages ago.

It hasn't been used yet but I wouldn't put it past them to release it before TOTS as another fodder/coin drain.

What are those invested in IF's thinking the best time to sell will be? I'd be tempted to hold off until early next week to see if they do release another SBC that will drive them up even further than what they might hit by the weekend - a new Party Bag for example or even that guaranteed Moments.

Tenks wrote: »
    Did the Icon SBC and got Zanetti. I already have SBC Doherty and MOTM Cuadrado so really did not need another RB.

I got him from the Icon Swaps Mid/Prime pack.

Would have been happy if I didn't have a good RB already, but I use Tavernier who is way better.

I'll probably recycle him into this current Icon SBC to be honest. He'll go a long way to the 86 requirement.

Watch now, he'll probably pop straight back out! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'm no longer playing but came across this -

https://www.futinsights.com/

Great way to convince yourself not to go for those packs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Veron from the prime pack for me who's ok but not very fun... I've still got that 82+ pack from the swaps so when I get that I think I'll dump Veron and Rui Costa into a last roll of the dice to get someone fun.

BrentMused wrote: »
    I got him from the Icon Swaps Mid/Prime pack.

Would have been happy if I didn't have a good RB already, but I use Tavernier who is way better.

I'll probably recycle him into this current Icon SBC to be honest. He'll go a long way to the 86 requirement.

Watch now, he'll probably pop straight back out! :pac:

Ignore the Party bags and Icon SBC unless maybe an player pick and even then its a big gamble. Instead keep untradeable fodder for guaranteed player SBCs and sell all tradable fodder as soon as decent SBCs drop. The amount of coins & fodder you will have wasted on 3-4 SBC to get nothing useful is crazy and if you had saved the same amount by the same stage you'd actually be able to buy a big name Icon that you actually want.

I understand the draw and the lure of "what if its R9", but its never going to be. I watched a butch of pack opens on streams last night when the SBC dropped and they were muck. Literally something like 25-30 Icons valued at less then 300k and 1 person packed Matthaus and that was it. Not a single top tier Icon, the weighting in these packs is terrible, especially so in the repeatable packs, you can bet a non repeatable drops in the coming days too. (Either moments or player pick)

If you actually wrote down the list of icons that you would be happy to pack and would improve your team you are probably talking about 10% of the number of Icons. That's also the same 10% that likely all of us want and EA know this so the pack weight for those cards is tiny.

dmigsy wrote: »
    I'm no longer playing but came across this -

https://www.futinsights.com/

Great way to convince yourself not to go for those packs!

That's a great find, exactly what I was trying to get at, that gives a really realistic breakdown of your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

BrentMused wrote: »
    EA put a guaranteed Moments Icon into the code ages ago.

It hasn't been used yet but I wouldn't put it past them to release it before TOTS as another fodder/coin drain.

What are those invested in IF's thinking the best time to sell will be? I'd be tempted to hold off until early next week to see if they do release another SBC that will drive them up even further than what they might hit by the weekend - a new Party Bag for example or even that guaranteed Moments.

I think they'll go up by Sunday. Just looking at the prime icon pack myself there, I could actually do another one - they're quite cheap but require 3 in forms every time. I think the prices will creep up as people do that pack more than once

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

AdamD wrote: »
    I think they'll go up by Sunday. Just looking at the prime icon pack myself there, I could actually do another one - they're quite cheap but require 3 in forms every time. I think the prices will creep up as people do that pack more than once

Yeah that’s exactly it, most people would’ve already had a few lying around from opening packs over fut birthday and doing the 81+ picks, or guaranteed totw sbc, so wouldn’t be that many bought initially, but as people do more and more and with no promo likely this week there’ll be a lot less packs opened so there won’t be as much of this weeks totw flooding into the market.

You will then see previous weeks totw’ creep up gradually.
    Especially if that add more sbc’s requiring in forms which they inevitably will to drain coins before Tots

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hennessey already at 16k on PS ;)

Parawind wrote: »
    Ignore the Party bags and Icon SBC unless maybe an player pick and even then its a big gamble. Instead keep untradeable fodder for guaranteed player SBCs and sell all tradable fodder as soon as decent SBCs drop. The amount of coins & fodder you will have wasted on 3-4 SBC to get nothing useful is crazy and if you had saved the same amount by the same stage you'd actually be able to buy a big name Icon that you actually want.

I understand the draw and the lure of "what if its R9", but its never going to be. I watched a butch of pack opens on streams last night when the SBC dropped and they were muck. Literally something like 25-30 Icons valued at less then 300k and 1 person packed Matthaus and that was it. Not a single top tier Icon, the weighting in these packs is terrible, especially so in the repeatable packs, you can bet a non repeatable drops in the coming days too. (Either moments or player pick)

If you actually wrote down the list of icons that you would be happy to pack and would improve your team you are probably talking about 10% of the number of Icons. That's also the same 10% that likely all of us want and EA know this so the pack weight for those cards is tiny.

That's a great find, exactly what I was trying to get at, that gives a really realistic breakdown of your chances.

That's a great post.

I used that link and inputted all the players I'd be happy to get from the pack. Chances of packing a player I want? 3.3%! :eek:

Yeah, I was looking at streamers on YouTube etc and the pack weight was horrific. One bloke did 20 on his own account and literally all of them were essentially useless at this stage of the game!

I did pack Prime Cantona from the Mid/Prime that was out last month so should probably leave it at that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Do we know when TOTS starts? I remember seeing somewhere that it's April but that seems early compared to previous years no?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

RedRochey wrote: »
    Do we know when TOTS starts? I remember seeing somewhere that it's April but that seems early compared to previous years no?

it goes on for ages with all the different leagues etc

Hennessey already at 16k on PS ;)

I think he could easily hit 25k by early next week.

Very handy for the 83 rated squad, Premier League, and out of packs a coupe of weeks now.

RedRochey wrote: »

There was a leak that claimed it was Friday 23rd April which is why people are panic selling their whole clubs.

• Advertisement

Parawind wrote: »

0.007% of Eusebio so I really struck out.
    Then again my pack luck has been crap for ages.

My thoughts on him.
    He’s nowhere as OP as the previous years.
    I’ve had his cards the past two years and he was well able to hold players off the ball.
    This version obviously forgot his weetabix as he’s easily knocked off. He’s definitely a meta player in the right hands but not mine for sure.
    Puskas is a better forward due to his stocky build which means he just bullies players.
    If he has a 5* weak foot he’d be one of the dearest players in the game.

Blazer wrote: »
    0.007% of Eusebio so I really struck out.
    Then again my pack luck has been crap for ages.

My thoughts on him.
    He’s nowhere as OP as the previous years.
    I’ve had his cards the past two years and he was well able to hold players off the ball.
    This version obviously forgot his weetabix as he’s easily knocked off. He’s definitely a meta player in the right hands but not mine for sure.
    Puskas is a better forward due to his stocky build which means he just bullies players.
    If he has a 5* weak foot he’d be one of the dearest players in the game.

I have his Mid card and while he might not be as OP as some of the other Icon strikers, he just does everything really well. I personally use him in the CAM role and put an engine on him.

I'd try an architect on the Prime, that will give him 98 vision, great passing and 89 strength. The advantage that he gives you is you can basically use him in any of the attacking positions and he will play to the same standard in all of the them.

sweet,,must try architect on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Are you guys carrying on with WL or stopping until TOTS? Thinking of taking a break but then FOMO on sexy red picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Lamposts wrote: »
    Are you guys carrying on with WL or stopping until TOTS? Thinking of taking a break but then FOMO on sexy red picks.

there is sexy red picks ? where ? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

chips1234 wrote: »
    there is sexy red picks ? where ? :D:D

You obviously didn't get a red Kamada then!? :rolleyes: :D

If anyone invested in 83's and 85's, they're starting to trend nicely now too.

I bought a good few of Aranguiz for around 2,300 on bids last week and he's up to 4,900 now after one day of that icon SBC. The 83 rated squad requirement really helping that one.

Popular 85's such as Koke and Icardi now heading towards 18,000 and after being available for around 14,000 on bid prior to the icon SBC too.

Things looking very positive regardless but if they were to release more content tomorrow evening (we'll just get the usual Marquee Matchups today) fodder will start to take off like a rocket! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Fired it up for first time in a while. Said I'd stsrt in silver stars do a little for Dallas to get back in. FFS, every team is full of these quick skilled up Brazilians. Silver stars used to be a good level playing field. Virtually impossible to win a game.

Lamposts wrote: »

My big issue is I don’t really have much desire to play anything else currently. I just default to FIFA in down time. And since I usually do that, I end up in WL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Once Hennessey’s price goes my way, I’ll have about 1m to spend... should get a DM but I’m kinda tempted by prime Puskas/other icon forward or Bday Sterling to replace 88 Torres. That, or see what TOTS has in store.

Advertisement