Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Just an SBC for a pack today, Player Days.

Went through them there and only 27 of the game's 101 Icons have had SBCs so far, with only 12 of those being PIMs.

"The most comprehensive icon program ever" this year, so said EA pre-release anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Thoughts on doing David Neres just to be a supersub?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well thats me done lads, really enjoyed all your posts throughout the season, some of the formation suggestions really helped, even enjoyed all the superstar pack openings while i was getting Rafa from Benfica :) but at 90ovr, i cant build my team up anymore then it is now, and this evenings matches with the stupid animations is not worth the hassle anymore, til next fifa.....maybe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

AdamD wrote: »
    Thoughts on doing David Neres just to be a supersub?

He’s fantastic, even if he doesn’t get an upgrade he’s a must do. I’m working him into my main squad to play up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Mr Moon wrote: »
    He’s fantastic, even if he doesn’t get an upgrade he’s a must do. I’m working him into my main squad to play up front.

I’m trying to work him, Renato, Curtis, Reus and Torres into a squad :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

How much does it cost? I have about 74,663ish coins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I did that kehrer card, on the off chance that psg do we beat Bayern his card is already pretty decent. 89 pace and 90ish defending and physical with an anchor card.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,941 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

On the subject of the kehrer card i decided to do it on the basis of the inception review, doing him was going to require a rejig of my squad so i decided to sell all the non ligue un players up and go with an almost full ligue un side, only one night playing with it but ive moved up two divisions (from 8 to 6, im garbage at this :D) and was smashing people by 6 and 7 goals. Also switched to parawinds / nealsguide 4312 formation.

So the summary is, as he is Kehrer is a very very good CBm far better than VVD that i replaced him with. I was able to do the SBC with fodder and sell VVD, Messi and a host of germans that i had for a second squad to accommodate the Podolski ozil sbcs i foolishly wasted coins on (not because they arent decent players but the links arent great)

Diatta is a budget Atal, and unless you need the defensive boost (ironically i do as ill show in a sec) then save the 500k coins. Jonathan David is also a handful upfront, but the revelation for me (again from a comment from parawind) is Sambia moved to CDM, its a joke how good he is in that position.

Here is the squad for chem

Squad-1.jpg

And here is what i used in game, the only change i might make is to swap Lees Melou with Diatta maybe, not sure what the best way to go with that is as Lees Melou is a great all round Midfielder.

Squad-2.jpg

If you have Atal's 82 card you could put him in at RW (as a RWB) on 7 chem and he'll be an alright RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Also did the Kehrer card based on Inception and Auzio's videos but I have to drop showdown Acuna for him...just to try it out.
    Raging now I did Ballack as I should have done Zambrotta instead as he's a beast apparently. Could have played him instead of Campbell and moved Kehrer then to CB ingame.
    Ingame its 4231 with CR7 at CAM and Mbappe at ST with Aouar and Garrincha covering LAM/RAM.
    Have to say Van Dijk is a beast too...if he gets a hard tackle in that player is going down injured. Very handy for lightweight attackers :) Also he has scored 18 goals from corners for me in WL.

Capture.jpg

• Advertisement

I’m trying to work him, Renato, Curtis, Reus and Torres into a squad :pac:
    Good luck with that, maybe convert one of the LWs to a LF and start on 7 chem up front.
    Liamalone wrote: »
    How much does it cost? I have about 74,663ish coins.
    Coming up as 160k on Futbin from scratch but one of the squads is on an 80 rated which can be done easily, the other is an 85, depending what you have in the club you may be able to do it fairly cheap or use your golds to do a few of the 81+ PPs to get fodder for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,941 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Blazer wrote: »
    Have to say Van Dijk is a beast too...if he gets a hard tackle in that player is going down injured. Very handy for lightweight attackers :) Also he has scored 18 goals from corners for me in WL.

Capture.jpg

apart from Giroud, i havent used anyone better at corner time:)

Van Dijk and Ronaldo are the only 2 who ever score from corners against me, and at times it feels like there's no defending them. They both also seem to have this thing where they can jump over the keeper even if he's in a good position to catch it.

The price drop in the value of players over the last couple of days is unreal.

For example I have my eye on TOTY VVD who was just over 2m when I checked on Sunday - he's 1.6m now! :eek:

everyone is getting ready for tots in 2 weeks is it?

Good luck with that, maybe convert one of the LWs to a LF and start on 7 chem up front.

Managed to put them in a 451, couple off chem but loyalty and manager brings it to 100 chem... just glad I don’t have to use Van Nistelrooy anymore for links. 6 games and he’s only managed the 1 goal... now to do that Reus SBC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

BrentMused wrote: »

For example I have my eye on TOTY VVD who was just over 2m when I checked on Sunday - he's 1.6m now! :eek:

Could be because his rule breaker is in packs?

I sold my team up saturday and the value of the team was 7 million judging by futbin now its 6.1 million.

The team i said id like to replace it with has dropped from 8.1 million. Down to 7.3.

RedRochey wrote: »
    Could be because his rule breaker is in packs?

Nah they all dropping. Mbappe toty has gone from 6.2 down to 4.8 on ps4/5 same with messi. People are selling up.

Market crash because TOTS was announced (leaked) to be coming 23rd April.

I just checked out the value on my club on futbin, hitting 13mil for the starting 11, Pele does make up over half but still :D

• Advertisement

I've pretty much given up on it at this point (and it seems EA have to), but with the market crashing so much you would think they will have to kick into gear and release some sort of repeatable icon pack SBC or an icon player pick SBC this week.

Surely they won't want people having a fortune in both coins and fodder ahead of TOTS as if people do, they won't be as likely to buy FIFA Points.

I reckon you'll see some tots moment cards coming this week..maybe an Aguero card etc.
    Big big cards that everyone will want.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they drop 3 new icons like Puskas, Petit, Maldini that will drain people's coins and fodders before tots. There's not a chance EA will go into tots knowing it would impact sales of fifa points.

That Neres card is damn tasty,
    He’ll be a great supersub for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

That Neres card is damn tasty,
    He’ll be a great supersub for me.

I wasn’t sure if I was going to do him but he’s getting rave reviews so I did the 80 rated part to just get rid of some duplicates and picked up a few 84 rated cards from player picks so will have to try and finish him. He would either slot into an Eredivisie team I can run or use him in my main team - sub him on and allow me to move Neymar to CAM or ST

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I wasn’t sure if I was going to do him but he’s getting rave reviews so I did the 80 rated part to just get rid of some duplicates and picked up a few 84 rated cards from player picks so will have to try and finish him. He would either slot into an Eredivisie team I can run or use him in my main team - sub him on and allow me to move Neymar to CAM or ST

There is a formation that allows a LM as well as LF. All depends on your other players though as well.

3421 is it.
    If you were playing a 5 atb formation he’ll be a lovely wing player.

Everytime they've released the WL Plus there's been no promo and a sh!tty TOTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I reckon you'll see some tots moment cards coming this week..maybe an Aguero card etc.
    Big big cards that everyone will want.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they drop 3 new icons like Puskas, Petit, Maldini that will drain people's coins and fodders before tots. There's not a chance EA will go into tots knowing it would impact sales of fifa points.

Aguero will be getting an End of an Era card.

Aguero will be getting an End of an Era card.

Yeah I’ll definitely be doing that I think.
    Just for the chant :)

Tired of waiting for an icon SBC so used my remaining fodder + 80k and completed Reus. Got the squad on 97 chem and fit in Torres, Reus, Neres, Renato, Curtis. Playing a 41212(2), been experimenting with that the last few days as a change to the usual 532.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

5ought I was waking up to Mass Effect Remastered this morning, to provide a FIFA distraction.

Not out till 14th May :(

Advertisement