Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

All div1 and champs games.

Reus eats first. Sorry for the potato quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I was playing a guy who had a hybrid bundes/prem team in weekend league.
    Bundes on the left including fut birthday Reus.
    Base milner was in centre of a 3 man midfield linking vardy and future stars Curtis Jones.

He pauses at kick off, I think “ah fair enough, there goes milner, who is he bringing on?”

The mad fecker proceeds to leave milner there and sub Reus for phil foden!!

I was thinking “what kind of mind f**k is this?? He’s going to batter me!!”

Turns out he was just rubbish, I’m 4 up after 30 mins and he rage quits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

lol that's hilarious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm going to force myself to take a break next weekend, I think. I'm playing now solely for the sake of playing, which is fine when I enjoy it, but I'm not massively now.

Mass Effect Remastered launches this week so might go save the universe for a bit :P

Sold up my team last night have 8 million to spend when tots drops. Few weeks off then olay for few weeks woth a few super teams for fun think im gonna leave it for good then.

Enjoyed coming back this year but its just not as enjoyable anymore and its more focused to kids woth all the coloured cards and banners ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sold up my team last night have 8 million to spend when tots drops. Few weeks off then olay for few weeks woth a few super teams for fun think im gonna leave it for good then.

Enjoyed coming back this year but its just not as enjoyable anymore and its more focused to kids woth all the coloured cards and banners ect.

Yeah I feel the same way with content... there’s just too many promos. Pick up a card one week and the next week he’s rendered useless as there’s a miles better card available. Missed the good ol days of just TOTW, TOTY and MOTM. Personally think FIFA 12/13 were the best years for ultimate team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeah I feel the same way with content... there’s just too many promos. Pick up a card one week and the next week he’s rendered useless as there’s a miles better card available. Missed the good ol days of just TOTW, TOTY and MOTM. Personally think FIFA 12/13 were the best years for ultimate team.

Even the fact that you cant get into a Rythem of how you wanna play. When you find a style that works for you and build a team to suit that style they do an update to make the gameplay different so you have to build a new team again and your old players aint worth as much.

I packed Puskas at start of the game and he should be an end game player but fact is half the weeks he is if no use because the gameplay is tweaked. You cant build teams for future now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

New Icon sbc Includes sol Campbell. The arsenal XI dream is alive once more

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Icons SBCs are dead, why do they bother giving us any if they’re gonna give us fairly useless icons nobody really wants every couple of months.

Don’t know why they don’t just follow the format - top tier, mid tier and average tier when releasing icon SBCs... it’ll have something for everyone.

Ah well, completed Neres. Using him for the samba stars objective up top... great card so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,612 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Finally after 3 weeks we get some Icons, 3 that don't fit the meta whatsoever but still.

Also an 89 rated squad with an IF is a ridiculous requirement for Drogba.

EDIT: AND it only gives you a Mega Pack, a 500k SBC segment gives you back a 35k pack.

Screenshot_2021-04-11_at_19.07.38.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Bruno headliner getting an upgrade if anyone still has him as united won 4 in a row

After coming so close last week, I finally got my first G1 finish ever!! :D:D

I had given up at 17 wins with 4 games to play and said feck it, let’s give it a go, lost the next in ET and won out to get to 20!!
    Neres played as a sub for the last 15 games and was immense!! I’d highly recommend doing him for that price, I’m anAjax fan this Thursday!!

54-C8-EDD9-859-A-46-F1-A36-A-D1-C40-E33-B27-F.png

5212 did the business!
    449-B6-EC0-71-E1-42-C6-8-FF8-7-FECFEB53-CAF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I conceded a peno in every single game this evening. I never touched the standing / slide tackle button for any of them. Almost never do in the box. Opposition players doing skill moves into my defender who is literally just standing/jockeying every single time. Such a stupid fcking game.

I'm RQ'ing out of Fifa completely. Game uninstalled. I suppose I got my 50 quid worth of value out of it anyway. Enjoy the rest of the car crash Fifa 21 lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Mr Moon wrote: »

I had given up at 17 wins with 4 games to play and said feck it, let’s give it a go, lost the next in ET and won out to get to 20!!
    Neres played as a sub for the last 15 games and was immense!! I’d highly recommend doing him for that price, I’m anAjax fan this Thursday!!

54-C8-EDD9-859-A-46-F1-A36-A-D1-C40-E33-B27-F.png

5212 did the business!
    449-B6-EC0-71-E1-42-C6-8-FF8-7-FECFEB53-CAF.jpg

Fair play!

What tactics are you using for 5-2-1-2? I've been stuck trying formations for weeks :D

Fair play!

What tactics are you using for 5-2-1-2? I've been stuck trying formations for weeks :D

Balanced 4/6
    Long ball 6/4

Wing backs
    Join attack/conservative/overlap
    CDMs
    Stay back/edge of box/cover centre
    CAM
    Come back/get into box
    STs
    Left- Stay central/get in behind/come back
    Right- Stay central/Stay forward

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Was 14-6 , lost 2 gammy games , and left it at that. Do your head in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mr Moon wrote: »

Gratz dude at least someone had a good Weekend League this week! What was the last game like to clinch it? A nail bitter or did you cruse through it?

I tried playing Div Rivals again today and wanted to try and tweak my tactics since I have been mudded since Friday. Got smashed left right and center again, but once I saw my 99 pace defenders getting burnt by Mid Figo (with a finisher chem style) and gaining no ground to catch up I knew it wasn't my tactics.

Left it for a few hours and did the garden/jungle that I have been putting off doing all weekend. Came back on at 9pm reverted to the same tactics I had been using all weekend (shock shock my connection was amazing) and I won 10 in a row.

So seems if I want to win I will just have to limit my play time to between 2am - 2pm on a Sunday Morning and post 9pm on Sunday night. :rolleyes:

Completed the samba stars objective... didn’t take long at all. Neres helped out massively with it, phenomenal card at ST. His dribbling is so so smooth.. might have to rework my squad and drop Van Nistelrooy to play him and Torres up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Parawind wrote: »
    Gratz dude at least someone had a good Weekend League this week! What was the last game like to clinch it? A nail bitter or did you cruse through it?

I tried playing Div Rivals again today and wanted to try and tweak my tactics since I have been mudded since Friday. Got smashed left right and center again, but once I saw my 99 pace defenders getting burnt by Mid Figo (with a finisher chem style) and gaining no ground to catch up I knew it wasn't my tactics.

Left it for a few hours and did the garden/jungle that I have been putting off doing all weekend. Came back on at 9pm reverted to the same tactics I had been using all weekend (shock shock my connection was amazing) and I won 10 in a row.

So seems if I want to win I will just have to limit my play time to between 2am - 2pm on a Sunday Morning and post 9pm on Sunday night. :rolleyes:

Out of interest parawind what formation do you use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ran out of time at 17-6, think it'll be my last proper run at a WL as restrictions wind down. Very much a lockdown activity :pac:

So many games I struggled to break down the opposition, having 6,7,8 shots before getting a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

At this point I have doubled down on fodder being so low and have every coin I have (about 2m in total), invested heavily in IF such as Hennessey and Trossard, 85's such as Icardi and Koke, plus a very small mix of 84's and 83's such as Ilicic and Odegaard that usually double in price at the right times.

It's really all going to come down to if/when they release an icon pack or icon player pick as to when they'll sell at a decent profit.

With TOTS starting in a couple of weeks and no promo planned for next week according to the leaks, I am banking on them doing something to drain people's coins and clubs ahead of TOTS.

Now I could be miles off as I was thinking they'd have done it before now, but any thoughts on a potential icon player pick SBC or repeatable prime pack for example, over the course of this week?

I am usually very patient but have those cards burning a hole in my pocket now and just want to sell at a good profit so I can really improve my team! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Cyrus wrote: »
    Out of interest parawind what formation do you use ?

I have 4 different formations, a very attacking 433 to counter 5 at the back, a 451 and 442. But the one that I am using mostly at the moment is 4312, most of the 2200+ players that I play are either running that or 442.

The version I am using is based off NealGuides 4312. But with my own modifications to suit my style of play.

It runs Press after possession loss & Long Ball, 4 Width (attack & Def) & 7 Depth with 6 in the box. Also my RCM is set to Stay back while attacking & stay on edge of box for crosses. Full backs are set to Overlap, he sets his to inverted but I prefer the width they give you on overlap.

I really like how it defensively sets you up in a 442 but then when you attack it changes to 4312. When you lose the ball your players swarm the opposition making it difficult for them to get out.

Definitely one of the more interesting systems I have tried this year.

Parawind wrote: »

It was a tough game, he had the upper hand at the start but I scored first. 1-0 at HT, I feel momentum building and I’m defending his attacks really well in the 2nd half and then he pauses and rage quits. I leapt out of my seat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Bit jammy, third icon I’ve packed from crappy rewards packs. PIM Pires from a Prime Mixed Players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I haven't played a game since last wednesday i think, due to conceding a stupid riddled goal, so my 1st game back today and the same thing happens, opponent takes shot from outside the box, no power, easy save, but Oblak decides to fly through the air, the animation then punches the ball at least 20 feet straight up in the air, oblak continues to stay flat out on the ground looking up at the ball, surely he'll get up and catch it, no he doesnt, he stays flat out leaving the striker a 3 yard tap in

Honestly what is the point anymore, i practice my defending, when not to dive in, use jockey and all that bs, and still get done conceding goals through no fault of my own

BrentMused wrote: »

Same date in 2018:

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/984476506696003584?s=20

The very last 2 Prime Icon SBCs of FIFA 18, by this day they were ALL released.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I think that's me done for now. Haven't really played since last weekend, and had zero desire to play at all.

I'll probably sell any tradeable players I have and then hoard the coins and see what I can buy if I do pick it up again during TOTS or the Euros. I presume Neymar, CR7, FUT Birthday Atal & Future Stars Kulusevski will trend down over time.

Might do Neres too, as that card looks ridiculous even without any upgrade.

Just an SBC for a pack today, Player Days.

Went through them there and only 27 of the game's 101 Icons have had SBCs so far, with only 12 of those being PIMs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gone from high div.4 down to near 6, honestly im a fairly bang average player, probably lower then that, but the goals im conceding, goals from ricochets off players, passed my players and dropping to the only attacker in the box are just a drain on whatever enjoyment i get building a team, 93 Puyol with 99 defending with chem boost, 88 Mangala closely behind in attributes ai defending like 55ovr bronze players, while playing against lads with base Tomori, Gomez, Ake, Diego Carlos, who are defending like Puyol and Mangala should, just doesnt make sense

Advertisement