Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Parawind wrote: »
    Also I am just going to make a prediction for tomorrow based on EA logic. For most people the December to January pay gap is the longest and most broke period of the year. Most people also won't get paid this week but rather next week.

So my call now is that EA will say TOTY kicks off tomorrow and announce the TOTY, with the TOTY Nominees in packs, then TOTY Defenders/Midfielders/Strikers releasing something like Mon/Tues/Thurs with all of them being in packs next Friday.

I have no knowledge at all about this, but I do know EA like money and releasing the TOTY when most people won't have much money to spend wouldn't be a normal EA move.

Highly unlikely to get TOTY Nominees. There's no card design added yet, but they already added the TOTY card design itself.

My guess is that they'll start with attackers because there were three cards on the loading screen today. It'll be another week in limbo as I don't really have enough of a club stock to do SBCs, and don't want to open packs unless the full team is out. Might aswell have that 0.000000000002% instead of 0.000000000001%

Does anyone know what kind of influence the panic will have on icons? I'm looking to buy Baby Best & Mid Stoickhov. I can only afford Mid Stoickhov until all of these IFs that I've invested in go up, but not sure whether icons will shoot up or not seeing as there will be a huge influx of coins into the game with all these FIFA points and saved packs.

Also, that FIFA Analyst video was dead right. Haven't spent a single Euro on the game since day 1 to kick start my club for the year. I've actually watched some of other stuff in the last week or so. It's really helpful from a gameplay perspective. He has some video with he goes into details with pros on their gameplay that helped me a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Not ready for a full Utd P&P team just yet so going with this into the weekend league.

790-AE28-E-0-A0-F-4-E1-A-A392-992-DFED6-E00-A.jpg

Robben was linked to ye so many times, he might as well be considered for a P&P :pac:

Also very impressed with Sol Campbell. Had a game there where my opponents mid Torres was through on the counter, 15 yards ahead of any defender. Campbell turns on the turbo jets and comes out of nowhere to put in a vital last ditch tackle to block the shot. Unreal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Toty usually starts on Monday and does a staggered release, but the fact it’s a Friday this year makes me think it will be a straight dump, ala any other promo. Plus, it’s about a month latter this year too. Might be as easy for them to put everything in packs now and just see if they make the same cash as usual.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I wonder if they will be giving us more than just the TOTY cards and throw in (like the rumours are) the U23s TOTY (future stars) as it's so late in the month. Previous years they've just drip fed us the players until they're all in packs.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Toty usually starts on Monday and does a staggered release, but the fact it’s a Friday this year makes me think it will be a straight dump, ala any other promo. Plus, it’s about a month latter this year too. Might be as easy for them to put everything in packs now and just see if they make the same cash as usual.

I hope to god it’s not that staggered release again.. we’ve been waiting so long for TOTY, that’s probably the worst thing they can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Mr Moon wrote: »
    For anyone saving packs like myself, what are your expectations for them?

Extremely low! Between TOTY, FUTBirthday & PL TOTSSF last year I looked back and counted that I opened over 500 packs during those 3 promos and the only Promo players I actually packed was TOTSSF Kovacic and a TOTSSF from the Championship.

But still, it's nice to have a bit of pointless hope.
    v3ttel wrote: »
    My guess is that they'll start with attackers because there were three cards on the loading screen today.

I don't think the three cards on the loading screen is relevant really. There is always three cards on the loading screen for promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Frisbee wrote: »
    Extremely low! Between TOTY, FUTBirthday & PL TOTSSF last year I looked back and counted that I opened over 500 packs during those 3 promos and the only Promo players I actually packed was TOTSSF Kovacic and a TOTSSF from the Championship.

But still, it's nice to have a bit of pointless hope.

I don't think the three cards on the loading screen is relevant really. There is always three cards on the loading screen for promos.

Hope so! definitely don't want them to drip feed the team of the year to have to hold off on opening packs.

Has anyone else had any joy in packing promo cards this year? You'd imagine with taking untradeable rewards every week, you'd pick up one or two every second promo (4 weeks), but they seem borderline impossible to hit.

TOTGS - 0
    RFFT - 0
    Freeze - 0
    Rulebreakers - 0
    Headliners - 0
    OTW - 1 (Van De Beek, 50k)

I can only imagine how low the TOTY probabilities really are based on the above. The other promos have so many crap cards, whereas TOTY are all end game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Will there be a price drop on base player cards after TOTY is announced and people open packs, looking to pick up some bargains seen as i have zero packs to open and a few coins to spend

v3ttel wrote: »
    Hope so! definitely don't want them to drip feed the team of the year to have to hold off on opening packs.

Has anyone else had any joy in packing promo cards this year? You'd imagine with taking untradeable rewards every week, you'd pick up one or two every second promo (4 weeks), but they seem borderline impossible to hit.

TOTGS - 0
    RFFT - 0
    Freeze - 0
    Rulebreakers - 0
    Headliners - 0
    OTW - 1 (Van De Beek, 50k)

I can only imagine how low the TOTY probabilities really are based on the above. The other promos have so many crap cards, whereas TOTY are all end game.

I packed 83 RB Andre who sold for about 70k from pre order reward packs. Apart from that, no other promo cards. I'm not expecting anything from TOTY either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That ben yedder card has to be broken hahahaha he is crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

KDB confirmed as in TOTY on the City twitter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

jayo26 wrote: »
    That ben yedder card has to be broken hahahaha he is crazy

I bought his new inform yesterday and played a few games with him, don't find him that great so far to be honest, he's lovely and quick in tight positions and good finisher but just something feels off with him

I bought his new inform yesterday and played a few games with him, don't find him that great so far to be honest, he's lovely and quick in tight positions and good finisher but just something feels off with him

20210122-124935.jpg

19 goals in 12 games coming off the bench and never played more then 30 minutes unless it went to extra time. The guy has got me 3 wins from behind this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Probably won’t be until next week but I hope they bring out the league specific sbcs that give you 3 rares

Managed to get two from doing the PL ones last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Happy TOTY day everyone, hope you are all ready to pack some goodies in the next weeks.

Been saving packs for a while now and just did a count up and have the following:

Gold Packs x5
    Premium Gold Packs x9
    Jumbo Gold Packs x7
    Premium Gold Jumbo Packs x13
    Gold Players Packs x8
    Gold Players Premium Packs x26
    Prime Gold Players x11
    Small Rare Gold Players x1
    Rare Gold Pack x14
    Rare Players x1
    Mega Pack x17
    Two Rare Gold Players x7
    Electrum Players x3
    Premium Electrum x2
    Prime Electrum x3
    Rare Electrum x4
    Small Electrum x1
    Prime Mixed Players x11
    Rare Mixed Players x11
    Small Prime Mixed x1
    Small Rare Mixed x1
    La Liga Prime Players x1
    75+ Rated Rare Player x2
    Two 81+ Rated Rare Players x2
    Two 81+ PL Players x1
    82-88 Rated Rare x1
    82+ Rated Rare Attacker x1
    82+ Rated Rare Midfielder x1
    82+ Rated Rare Defender x1

Under no illusions though, that even if I opened all of these my TOTY return will be zero. Have only packed 12 players over 87 and 4 of these I got as duplicates. Only promo card has been Headliners Ings which was from one of the player pick SBCs and the only other high value/special card was a 87 TOTW. No icons packed since FIFA 19.

Bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Fingers crossed dude.
    Last one I got was De Bruyne back on Fifa19 on pc.
    Got me a cool 5.5mill.
    Of course I wasted it all chopping and changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

2 last year and 1 in 18, I've had plenty luck over the years so won't be upset if I get nothing, just hope to see a couple posted in here is all. If none of us get anything it'll hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I got Ronaldo’s TOTY card twice in 20 but that was during the TOTSFF promo and when i already packed his TOTSSF card - all untradeable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

So how long are we giving the servers tonight before they crash?? 6:05??

It's not much, but we live in hope.

TOTY.png

Pack Type Quantity
    Small Electrum Players Pack 3
    Gold Pack 4
    Premium Gold Pack 5
    Electrum Players Pack 2
    Premium Mixed Players Pack 1
    Small Prime Electrum Players Pack
    Prime Mixed Players Pack 1
    Rare Mixed Players Pack 3
    Jumbo Gold Pack 4
    Premium Electrum Players Pack 2
    Gold Players Pack 6
    Jumbo Premium Gold Pack 2
    Jumbo Premium Gold 26 Pack 1
    Prime Electrum Players Pack 5
    Small Prime Gold Players Pack 2
    Premium Gold Players Pack 7
    Rare Gold Pack 9
    Rare Electrum Players Pack 11
    Mega Pack 18
    Prime Gold Players Pack 6
    Rare Players Pack 4
    Rare Mega Pack 35
    Jumbo Rare Players Pack 1
    Ultimate Pack 4
    85+ x5 Pack 1
    75+ Pack 23
    Two Rare Gold Players Pack 10
    82+ Attacker 2
    82+ Mid 2
    82+ Def 2

• Advertisement

Madrid leaked that Ramos is in TOTY along with KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

EsWcGg_XIAEucHF?format=jpg&name=large

TOTY apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Lamposts wrote: »
    EsWcGg_XIAEucHF?format=jpg&name=large

TOTY apparently.

Confirmed, EA tweeted it!!

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1352662319344582661?s=20

They had to shove their cover star in there somehow I guess.

Messi didn't have HIS best year but he was still better than Mbappe, Mbappe himself didn't even have a particularly good year.

And maybe bias showing through but I'd also say Mane had a better 2020 than Mbappe.

First year messi hasn't had toty card in ultimate team i think?

Mbappe wasn't even PSG's best player in 2020, it was Neymar who carried them to the CL Final :pac:

Mbappe wasn't even PSG's best player in 2020, it was Neymar who carried them to the CL Final :pac:

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was no manipulation from EA. The amount of player voted squads I’ve seen with Mbappe included really surprised me.

12th man vote will be massive: Neymar or Messi.. if you get a loan card like last year, Neymar wins it.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was no manipulation from EA. The amount of player voted squads I’ve seen with Mbappe included really surprised me.

12th man vote will be massive: Neymar or Messi.. if you get a loan card like last year, Neymar wins it.

This was the early voter breakdown, Messi WAY ahead

https://twitter.com/FUT21News/status/1348684201810341889?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

So do we know if it's released in stages or all together?

Advertisement