Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    3 sub appearances in last 30 minutes when games were level and got me 5 goal. Donno what it is but his dribling and shooting is insane.

It’s his body type as well as 5* weak foot.
    You should have see him last year; even Ben Yedder himself tweeted out on his IF card I think it was saying a lot of broken controllers this week.
    He really was the meta last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Hahaha, this is a joke!! That's how the game should be played, not playing 6-0-4 counter attacking football.

Thats all iv'e met today, the game is bad enough then have to face this rubbish, was looking forward to playing with Torres but thats gone now, ball takes one of those stupid ricochets off a player straight to his when im on the attack and im done with a long ball to Robben, Ben Yedder or Mbappe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

84+ Rare Player Pick and Ligue 1 87 Rated Yazici SBCs added.

That's going to rinse a lot of fodder.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saving the 84+ player pick till tomorrow with TOTY.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Everyone in rivals I'm playing has Red Yedder!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Everyone in rivals I'm playing has Red Yedder!!

:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Great message ahead of TOTY

4 Rivals games in a row matching players 300+ SR above me (all 4 >2300 SR). Not fun.

dmigsy wrote: »
    4 Rivals games in a row matching players 300+ SR above me (all 4 >2300 SR). Not fun.

I donno why people dislike this im really enjoying testing myself against higher rated human players. Its only rivals and its a barometer on how you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I donno why people dislike this im really enjoying testing myself against higher rated human players. Its only rivals and its a barometer on how you play.

Most people just want to play for the craic, not to test themselves

• Advertisement

Ah you need a mix of challenging games and more even matches. Constantly matching much better players just feels like being an Ireland supporter - a bit of hope that gets drained away through constant defending and feck all attacking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Any chance of a one line summary?

Ah you need a mix of challenging games and more even matches. Constantly matching much better players just feels like being an Ireland supporter - a bit of hope that gets drained away through constant defending and feck all attacking!

Fair point.

Liamalone wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Don't bother buying Fifa points because you're not gonna PACK a TOTY card.

Hard to argue.

Don't bother buying Fifa points because you're not gonna PACK a TOTY card.

Hard to argue.

Thankyou for that. Can't argue indeed, still going to blow my pocket money on them though lol.

Everyone should watch this if they're prone to loading a few fifa points here and there, although he missed something, he said there are 100 icons but there are 303 icon cards in the game and how many has anyone here packed this year? There are only 12 TOTY players!! The odds of packing one are so so slim.

For anyone saving packs like myself, what are your expectations for them? I'm realistic about it, yeah there's a chance, as slim as it may that I'll pack one but that's why I've saved them. What I really want to do is craft that POTM Bruno and add him to my squad. Anything better than that is a huge win!!

Don't make bad decisions when drunk in the middle of the morning :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

I opened packs as I got them because I'd rather be disappointed now than have a build up for disappointment later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Everyone should watch this if they're prone to loading a few fifa points here and there, although he missed something, he said there are 100 icons but there are 303 icon cards in the game and how many has anyone here packed this year? There are only 12 TOTY players!! The odds of packing one are so so slim.

For anyone saving packs like myself, what are your expectations for them? I'm realistic about it, yeah there's a chance, as slim as it may that I'll pack one but that's why I've saved them. What I really want to do is craft that POTM Bruno and add him to my squad. Anything better than that is a huge win!!

Pretty much the same as you. Looking to craft one or two SBC and anything after that is a bonus.

Got Carlos, Torres and Okocha on loan and played a few games in Rivals with them.

Carlos doesn't seem anything special, solid but unspectacular. Definitely overpriced for me.
    Torres is very decent but seems a little clunky - I didn't have a hunter on him though.
    Okocha was the pick of the three. I don't use skills a lot but it doesn't seem necessary with hin. He feels quick and his dribbling is very smooth, anyone I played had their hands full with him. The only issue is his stamina isn't great but you'd overlook it. Definitely a card I'll consider getting.

Roy Keane is a solid card too BTW. If he was a little faster he'd be worth a lot more but he's more than usable.

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    I opened packs as I got them because I'd rather be disappointed now than have a build up for disappointment later

I find opening multiple packs a pain in the hole, was grand a FIFA or two ago when most were tradeable so could be quick sold at least - now it's just untradeable duplicate after untradeable duplicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Pretty much the same as you. Looking to craft one or two SBC and anything after that is a bonus.

Got Carlos, Torres and Okocha on loan and played a few games in Rivals with them.

Carlos doesn't seem anything special, solid but unspectacular. Definitely overpriced for me.
    Torres is very decent but seems a little clunky - I didn't have a hunter on him though.
    Okocha was the pick of the three. I don't use skills a lot but it doesn't seem necessary with hin. He feels quick and his dribbling is very smooth, anyone I played had their hands full with him. The only issue is his stamina isn't great but you'd overlook it. Definitely a card I'll consider getting.

Roy Keane is a solid card too BTW. If he was a little faster he'd be worth a lot more but he's more than usable.

Was looking for a review on Okocha so thanks for this. I’ll definitely do him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Games are alot more enjoyable tonight, Torres is superb, drifts wide alot despite been on stay central but finishes every chance he gets, showdown Milner is very good to, some power in his shots

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I save packs for big events as I find it a timely reminder to not buy fifa points.

Although saving packs worked last year as I got fut birthday mbappe who was worth 5 million at the time with packs saved for fut birthday :)

Not ready for a full Utd P&P team just yet so going with this into the weekend league.

790-AE28-E-0-A0-F-4-E1-A-A392-992-DFED6-E00-A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I have 70 packs saved. I saved a similar number of packs over Christmas and I got one walk out from all of them. Untradeable Casemiro.

My expectations are that I'll get nothing so I can't be disappointed. 89 Red Navas (just SBC fodder) was probably my one bit of luck used for the next few weeks.

I opted for the 3 sets of Icon Swap packs and my few packs from this weeks rewards for tomorrow. So I fully expect to pack nothing, just get some decent fodder from my untradeable packs, sell the rest and continue grinding my way forward.

I even opted for the coins again this week, so I have about 700k coins right now. I am hoping to grind my way to enough coins to pick up TOTY VVD. I'll sell IF Gomez and possibly Zambrotta to help fund it (Since with VVD I can run Klaiber on 10 chem).

Also I am just going to make a prediction for tomorrow based on EA logic. For most people the December to January pay gap is the longest and most broke period of the year. Most people also won't get paid this week but rather next week.

So my call now is that EA will say TOTY kicks off tomorrow and announce the TOTY, with the TOTY Nominees in packs, then TOTY Defenders/Midfielders/Strikers releasing something like Mon/Tues/Thurs with all of them being in packs next Friday.

I have no knowledge at all about this, but I do know EA like money and releasing the TOTY when most people won't have much money to spend wouldn't be a normal EA move.

Parawind wrote: »
    Also I am just going to make a prediction for tomorrow based on EA logic. For most people the December to January pay gap is the longest and most broke period of the year. Most people also won't get paid this week but rather next week.

So my call now is that EA will say TOTY kicks off tomorrow and announce the TOTY, with the TOTY Nominees in packs, then TOTY Defenders/Midfielders/Strikers releasing something like Mon/Tues/Thurs with all of them being in packs next Friday.

I have no knowledge at all about this, but I do know EA like money and releasing the TOTY when most people won't have much money to spend wouldn't be a normal EA move.

They alwaya release toty on stages. Defenders this weekend, Monday will be mids and wednsday will be forwards and all will be in oacks next week. Its beej along time since they released toty in one go. Unless they did last year.

• Advertisement

They alwaya release toty on stages. Defenders this weekend, Monday will be mids and wednsday will be forwards and all will be in oacks next week. Its beej along time since they released toty in one go. Unless they did last year.

Ah that makes sense alright, I was out of the loop with this stuff over the last few years. But I figured EA would try to bleed as much money out of people as possible.

Advertisement