Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 ready Tv’s/Monitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Has anyone ordered from Komplett? They have some options

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Quick update...

I bought the 49" LG Nanocell86 from Richer Sounds for €730 and it arrived last week. Great TV so far, although in truth I don't have a PS5 yet to try it in, nor do I have another 4K TV to compare it too. But in terms of picture quality it is fantastic for the money and comes with a 120Hz panel and HDMI 2.1. The smaller form factor was a big reason for me choosing this model.

My only small gripe is the poor local dimming. A vertical band of light appears around a bright colour on a black background if you have it set to high or medium. But switching it off removes the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Best bet is to wait until April/May for clearance sales. I picked up the B9 OLED last year for €1100 and absolutely love it. I’d say you could get the next step up CX for around that this year and I’d highly recommend.

QLED is just marketing BS for LCD with a layer of quantum dots for increased colour volume. They suffer all the drawbacks of LCDs that are never fully mitigated even by top tier FALD LCDs.

I was ready to take the plunge on a LG CX 48 this week but you are making me have second thoughts! Do you reckon there would be a good saving if I wait a while? Currently going for €1450

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

JackCDSt wrote: »
    Looking at getting this as a work from home/gaming option:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B081TR5BMH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone here have any experience with this type?
    Megager wrote: »
    Hi all. Looking for a cheapish option, about 27". What would be acceptable for about 300 euros.
    I realise I won't get 4K or hdmi 2.1 but for a younger user so don't want to splurge too much.
    Many thanks

I can recommend this monitor I purchased. Keep an eye across Amazon Europe stores - I picked it up for €260 plus an EU plug adapter. One drawback is it lacks speakers but I play with a headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

JackCDSt wrote: »
    I can recommend this monitor I purchased. Keep an eye across Amazon Europe stores - I picked it up for €260 plus an EU plug adapter. One drawback is it lacks speakers but I play with a headset.

Thanks for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

LG display is going to output more of the smaller 48" screens. They used to make the 2 48" along with the 2 77" from each sheet, so they only ever had as many 48" as they had 77" so not many. Apparently they only made 220k 48" TVs in 2020. This is why 48" cost so much compared to the 55" especially.

They're going to start a production run now with 8 48" per sheet starting from March and expect to have over 1m 48" displays produced in 2021.

This is all apparently with a focus on gaming at this size, and will help a lot of people who want a smaller size in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Varik wrote: »
    LG display is going to output more of the smaller 48" screens. They used to make the 2 48" along with the 2 77" from each sheet, so they only ever had as many 48" as they had 77" so not many. Apparently they only made 220k 48" TVs in 2020. This is why 48" cost so much compared to the 55" especially.

They're going to start a production run now with 8 48" per sheet starting from March and expect to have over 1m 48" displays produced in 2021.

This is all apparently with a focus on gaming at this size, and will help a lot of people who want a smaller size in general.

Nice. Hopefully it'll bring the prices down too. It just doesn't sit well paying more for a 48" screen than a 55"!!

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Nice. Hopefully it'll bring the prices down too. It just doesn't sit well paying more for a 48" screen than a 55"!!

The 48" was cheaper than the 55" at launch but the discounts hit the 55" a lot better due to scale.

For the CX the 55" launched at 2300 while the 48" was 1800, and now the C1 is 2000 & 1650. But there's a few more difference this year for OLEDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Teothican wrote: »

Based on a lower budget to spend? If you can afford it go for the LG 55CX in my opinion.

Cheers,
    Mark

• Advertisement

Ordered the CX 48 after pondering for ages, feel like a kid waiting on Santa, hope its worth it!

mutley18 wrote: »
    Ordered the CX 48 after pondering for ages, feel like a kid waiting on Santa, hope its worth it!

Noob question, do I need to buy a HDMI 2.1 lead to get the best use out of PS5 or will the normal one do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Noob question, do I need to buy a HDMI 2.1 lead to get the best use out of PS5 or will the normal one do?

The one you get with the PS5 is HDMI 2.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Dave0301

You won't be disappointed. Wanted this but ended up getting the CX 55 as it was cheaper. It is slightly too big for my room, but in terms of quality, I have been super impressed.

PS5 looks amazing on it and I expect that will improve as more content is released. Movies and TV picture is also excellent as you'd expect.

Dave0301 wrote: »
    You won't be disappointed. Wanted this but ended up getting the CX 55 as it was cheaper. It is slightly too big for my room, but in terms of quality, I have been super impressed.

PS5 looks amazing on it and I expect that will improve as more content is released. Movies and TV picture is also excellent as you'd expect.

Nice one! I would have went 55 but it was just that bit too big for the room. Cant wait to give it a go with the PS5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Any burn in issues with LG Oleds from the guys that own them?My Kids never seem to turn off Netflix,consoles so screen could be on for an hour with the same image.
    Have 2 Samsung Qleds which have great picture but thinking of going the next level with an LG Oled.
    Appreciate the replys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

booterboy wrote: »
    Any burn in issues with LG Oleds from the guys that own them?My Kids never seem to turn off Netflix,consoles so screen could be on for an hour with the same image.
    Have 2 Samsung Qleds which have great picture but thinking of going the next level with an LG Oled.
    Appreciate the replys.

Not so far but I only have mine 2/3 months and it is never on the same image for too long, I would be anal enough when and for how long the same image might be on it!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Appreciate the replys.

I got one recently and the screensaver seems to kick in fairly quickly on netflix. Would need to be a bit more careful with the consoles I'd say though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Dave0301 wrote: »

How big is the room if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking of wall mounting a 55" tv in the spare room but its only 11ft wide and 8ft high.

py2006 wrote: »
    How big is the room if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking of wall mounting a 55" tv in the spare room but its only 11ft wide and 8ft high.

12ft x 13ft and 8ft high. You get used to the size and it doesn't dominant the room, but I think 48" would have been a better fit.

Mine isn't wall mounted though and I think that would help.

• Advertisement

Appreciate the replys.

Haven't noticed any issues and have had it a few months. Screensaver comes on quick for Netflix etc.

Need to be careful if gaming though and avoid leaving it on the same screen. I also make sure to turn it off every couple of hours or so if I am gaming a lot that day.

Has anyone hung their CX on the wall? Wondering what wall mount to go for.

Most current OLED are fine.

When they talk about varying content it's mostly means not have it 24hrs a day on a news or static images.

Only thing that is suggested that people do is make sure you leave the TV in standby and not turn it off fully, the TV run a refresh when in standby and they obviously can't do that when off. Subtitles can be a worry to and having those black with a white shadow rather than the other way which is the norm is better. Not much to worry about anymore.

While LEDs have come a long way and for movies and TV they can do a great job and get a lot brighter than a OLED, one issue with discreet backlights and local dimming is that the TV has to analyse the image to best do it and this is hindered when you've a TV in game mode. If anyone is ever looking at reviews or ratings, there's a big difference between a TV that scores high in HDR for movies and one that scores high in HDR for gaming. OLED don't have this issue so are practically the same in game modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Has anyone hung their CX on the wall? Wondering what wall mount to go for.
    I bought a Sanus wall mount with my mine. I have the flat one that doesn't swivel or tilt. It's perfect. Sits pretty close to the wall too

I bought a Sanus wall mount with my mine. I have the flat one that doesn't swivel or tilt. It's perfect. Sits pretty close to the wall too

Did you mount it yourself? Which one did you get?

Yeah I mounted it myself, I'm an electrician too though so I'm probably a little handier with that type of stuff than most. It's a doddle though, anyone could do it

This is the one I have

https://www.richersounds.com/sanus-40-50-inch-tv-bracket.html

Yeah I mounted it myself, I'm an electrician too though so I'm probably a little handier with that type of stuff than most. It's a doddle though, anyone could do it

This is the one I have

https://www.richersounds.com/sanus-40-50-inch-tv-bracket.html

Do they come with wall plugs out of curiosity? I bought myself a stud scanner recently, not sure if its any use yet as it didn't come with battery. :rolleyes:

Yeah it came with big plugs but they'd only work on a solid wall. It recommended drilling a 10mm hole from memory. I used regular rawl plugs and 2" screws for mine. It didn't come with any plasterboard anchors or anything like that. You should try hit a stud with at least 2 of your fixings, then maybe 2 or 4 wall anchors.

Someone above mentioned the grip it fixings, while they're decent enough, they can fail pretty often (the wings don't come out inside the wall). Personally the only plasterboard fixings I'd trust are these:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-hollow-wall-anchors-8-16mm-m5-x-52mm-10-pack/12229?tc=AA5&ds_kid=92700048793290424&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1249413&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvbiBBhD-ARIsAGM48bydlYFRK3lEnfIrg8CVOzpkZxEjbGRiVwRUODN1RyNXru4cJPpXFnQaAjuYEALw_wcB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Hi - where did you order it from? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I got the 2020 Sony 55 inch A8. there is a 120fps port but its only standard HD, the 2 60 fps ports are 4k.

I was led to believe i had bought a heap of ****e because the PS wouldnt run as well.... pffft
    i have not noticed one single glitch so far.

Advertisement