Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 ready Tv’s/Monitors

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The one thing that was frustrating was how little info some sites provide on the actual specifications.

I’d be browsing the likes of DID or Amazon just to check prices, and they don’t even give basic info like whether a TV has a 2.1 HDMI slot, or it was well hidden. Currys / PC World actually had the actual proper specs, which was handy to check before diving into reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Hi all,

Could anyone with the XH90 advise how it’s holding up? Very close to biting the bullet on this today

This will be our family tv so I’ll need it to be a good all rounder for sports, films etc as well as gaming

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

petes wrote: »
    It's the constant searching and reading reviews that gets me, I'll keep looking at the same thing for ages before ending up with the first one I looked at.

It's between this Q80t and the Cx, not sure I can justify the extra 400 quid.

Got the q80t a few month back, absolutely delighted with it, can't think of a single negative, massive leap up from my old samsung hd tv. The ps5 looks stunning on it, even old ps4 games (eg. Uncharted 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Got the q80t a few month back, absolutely delighted with it, can't think of a single negative, massive leap up from my old samsung hd tv. The ps5 looks stunning on it, even old ps4 games (eg. Uncharted 4)

Does the Q80T have the One Connect Box that you see on the Frame TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

JimBurnley wrote:

2nd this i love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

TitianGerm wrote: »

Doesn't come with the Q80t as standard, does on the Q90.

petes wrote: »
    Doesn't come with the Q80t as standard, does on the Q90.

Cheers for that. We're picking up a new TV for the sitting room so going for the Frame because of the wire.

The Q90 doesn't seem to be available in 43" so that rules that one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

People need to be careful when buying a smaller TV, a lot of them aren't the same as there larger versions only share the same model number but are completely different tvs with different and usually worse features and specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Tbh never heard of the one connect box so unless I'm being a dope and missed it, would have to say no

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Tbh never heard of the one connect box so unless I'm being a dope and missed it, would have to say no

The One Connect Box allows only one fibre optic cable to the TV. You plug all your HDMI devices into the One Connect Box and this then sends all the signals to the TV.

Much neater set up if hanging on a wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Out of curiosity, how long is the a cable for the one connect box? And can you unplug it? As in could I unplug it, fish the cable up the wall then plug it back into the TV?

Out of curiosity, how long is the a cable for the one connect box? And can you unplug it? As in could I unplug it, fish the cable up the wall then plug it back into the TV?

It's around 5 meters I think. Mine should be arriving during the week so I'll double check.

One end of the one connect cable plugs into the TV and one end into the box.

Ah so it can be unplugged at both ends too. I bought a new TV not long ago but have been curious about those boxes since I first saw them. Its a great idea. Kinda odd that other brands haven't started doing something similar. Like even if it didn't come with the TV but you could buy it an plug it in if required would be a nice option

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's around 5 meters I think. Mine should be arriving during the week so I'll double check.

One end of the one connect cable plugs into the TV and one end into the box.

I'd say it'd be more like 3m unless it contains an active DI for the hdmi cable

duploelabs wrote: »

If its fibre it shouldn't matter i wouldn't have thought

I only need it to be about 2 meters for my use but the guys from Richer Sounds said they thought it was 5m.

I probably won't be using the TV for the PS5 as I've that set up in kitchen on a low spec 4K set but I'll have the option to move it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If its fibre it shouldn't matter i wouldn't have thought

Well then if you're switching format, it'll have all sorts of issues with hdcp and again it'd need to be a powered connection

Well then if you're switching format, it'll have all sorts of issues with hdcp and again it'd need to be a powered connection

It is a powered connection :) you've to plug the box in

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

I have a 55 Q80T and an lg 55 c9.
    The c9 oled is slightly better for picture quality but you'd want to see them side by side to notice. The hdr seems to pop a little more too. The q80t is used for gaming and is quality, no regrets for the PS4 and hopefully the PS5 soon. Oled is mostly used for movies and is class, but is in a north facing darker room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 etype868

we got an XH90 55" in mid-December to go in the 'good room' where the PS5 now also lives.....highly recommended we've watched movies, sports and done a fair bit of gaming on it the last two weeks. There was a firmware update waiting online when i powered it up that allowed the 120Hz gaming mode and it looks great, although I don't think the current games are full taking advantage of the tech yet. My advice - go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Folks, looking for recommendation for a PS5 bedroom TV.

Room is only 10ft x 11ft. I am thinking a 55" TV for PS5 and the odd sport. Ideally wall mounted flat against the wall. The wall in mind isn't solid so that may be an issue?

Is 55" too big for a small room? Also, I noticed people recommending Samsung Q80 but not sure which one, Powercity seem to have different ones.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Screw into a stud if possible, and if not depending on the wall either use a toggle bolt or use another sheet of either plywood or MDF/HDF dependant on weight and then with that fixed to the studs use tee nuts to fix the TV to the new boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Looking to pick up a new TV unsure whether to go Samsung QLED or LG Oled...

I have 300euro in Vouchers to use between Euronics, Argos or Expert as they are local vouchers...

Where would the best place to buy one be? I don't have much time between working to see them on display... Would the Q80T have 120hrz?..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Think I'm getting the sony xh90 tomorrow just wondering if anyone recommend a tv stand as I'd say my one is too short, seen a few on argos but none in stock

Where would the best place to buy one be? I don't have much time between working to see them on display... Would the Q80T have 120hrz?..

The 55 inch model and bigger have a hdmi 2.1 port for 120hz 4k. The 49 inch doesn't so only supports 60hz.

The 55 inch model and bigger have a hdmi 2.1 port for 120hz 4k. The 49 inch doesn't so only supports 60hz.

Aye will be going for 55inch alright

Is this the one that has that?

https://euronics.ie/product/samsung-55-qled-4k-tv-qe55q80tatxxu/?nosto=productcategory-nosto-1

Aye will be going for 55inch alright

Is this the one that has that?

https://euronics.ie/product/samsung-55-qled-4k-tv-qe55q80tatxxu/?nosto=productcategory-nosto-1

Thats what I have. Love it.

Can get the following:

Samsung Q80T 55 -1049euro
    Samsung Q90T 55 -1400euro
    Sony A8 OLED 55 -1600euro

What should I go for hmmm

• Advertisement

Can get the following:

Samsung Q80T 55 -1049euro
    Samsung Q90T 55 -1400euro
    Sony A8 OLED 55 -1600euro

What should I go for hmmm

The 55" LG CX is around €1400 from Richer Sounds if that's worth considering?

Advertisement