Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 ready Tv’s/Monitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Markitron wrote: »
    Right, I think I finally see the difference. Its the colour.

Very strange (and confusing) that it has a different model number, but there you have it.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

sticker wrote: »
    Cheers!

Whichever colour you prefer, if you don't have a preference then get whichever is cheaper.

Markitron wrote: »
    Whichever colour you prefer, if you don't have a preference then get whichever is cheaper.

I have a white colour scheme in the room so I guess silver it is! - Prices the same. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Picked up a LG OLED55CX on the weekend, the difference from my 40" Samsung is incredible... simply stunning. Running GOW in HDR is just amazing, worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I have a white colour scheme in the room so I guess silver it is! - Prices the same. Thanks again!

No worries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Picked up a LG OLED55CX on the weekend, the difference from my 40" Samsung is incredible... simply stunning. Running GOW in HDR is just amazing, worth every penny.

How is the sound off it? Or do you have a swanky speaker etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,820 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thinking of going for the LG 55 CX myself. Upgrading from a 12 or 13 year old Samsung Full HD 40". Figure may as well go for it.
    Will be used for PC (Games and video) and other consoles as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,895 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thinking of going for the LG 55 CX myself. Upgrading from a 12 or 13 year old Samsung Full HD 40". Figure may as well go for it.
    Will be used for PC (Games and video) and other consoles as well.
    You won't regret it, totally worth it. Went from a full hd tv to this myself and such a huge difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭Conar

py2006 wrote: »
    How is the sound off it? Or do you have a swanky speaker etc

I've the 48CX and the sound is decent.
    I use a separate 5.1 setup but I have switched to it from time to time and had no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Added the LG SK1 soundbar I had from a few years ago cheap one,

To the CX its now using internal and soundbar for sound,

Its unreal , some boom off it.

• Advertisement

Hey

I bought this TV from DID and was setting it up this morning. Base screws are worn already after one attempt :mad:

Reports online about screws into base very tight and poor quality.

Wonder will DID get me replacement screws ASAP?

https://www.did.ie/philips-43-4k-uhd-led-smart-tv-with-alexa-silver-43pus7855-12-43pus7855-12-prd?param1=wglowmarfb&gclid=CjwKCAjwj6SEBhAOEiwAvFRuKPU9XJ1Au4QW9TyWYxHtI5qMaCnJg87gYXdsUY5nJeF7BzdlTDXlthoCHukQAvD_BwE#fo_c=1898&fo_k=232dab209797f4a94752b25d62a14cdd&fo_s=gplaie

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey

I bought this TV from DID and was setting it up this morning. Base screws are worn already after one attempt :mad:

Reports online about screws into base very tight and poor quality.

Wonder will DID get me replacement screws ASAP?

https://www.did.ie/philips-43-4k-uhd-led-smart-tv-with-alexa-silver-43pus7855-12-43pus7855-12-prd?param1=wglowmarfb&gclid=CjwKCAjwj6SEBhAOEiwAvFRuKPU9XJ1Au4QW9TyWYxHtI5qMaCnJg87gYXdsUY5nJeF7BzdlTDXlthoCHukQAvD_BwE#fo_c=1898&fo_k=232dab209797f4a94752b25d62a14cdd&fo_s=gplaie

What do the screws look like? Could try a local hardware store and see do they have anything that looks similar.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What do the screws look like? Could try a local hardware store and see do they have anything that looks similar.

Yeah. I see them here but need them today:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264817961123?hash=item3da86168a3:g:sXMAAOSwNK5fGpdO

Lets see what DID come back with!

So rang Philips support and they were very helpful, stating there was indeed logged issues with the stand and screws. They are sending me repalcements by courier from the UK.

I'm gonna chance my arm with going into DID also - Dont want to wait a week for a set of screws. Support also mentioned using a PH2 screwdriver is the best tool with these types of screws...

Update - Picked up a PH2 screwdriver and after a bit of work got it sorted even with the worn screws... Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I've had problems with TV screws going missing (usually related to swapping vesa mounts and losing the stand ones) but if you bring your worn screw to literally any hardware shop and just match it with what they have you'll get exactly the right ones. Manufacturers are just using standard ones and saying they're specialy, that ebay listing is pure robbery.

I've had problems with TV screws going missing (usually related to swapping vesa mounts and losing the stand ones) but if you bring your worn screw to literally any hardware shop and just match it with what they have you'll get exactly the right ones. Manufacturers are just using standard ones and saying they're specialy, that ebay listing is pure robbery.

Cheers - But woodies told me yesterday that they could never match a stand screw for a Philips TV. That said they're generally dire customer service from my experience anyway.

That said, as per my earlier post, the right decent type of crewdriver got the job done anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭brady12

Just went from a 13 year old Samsung or LG CX 48-holy f**k. Just booted up days gone & outriders . WOW

brady12 wrote: »
    Just went from a 13 year old Samsung or LG CX 48-holy f**k. Just booted up days gone & outriders . WOW

Agreed - same here. Game mode on mine is awesome with my PS5!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My LG 48 CX is coming on Monday. Didn't even bother shopping around as this model seems to be the most mentioned here and it's always on the front page of electronic sites. I know I ts going to be amazing.

Upgrading from a 43" Sony which I bought about 4/5 years ago.

I'm so excited to see what the upgrades are like when I plug in my PS5. Especially 120hz supported games. Using 120hz on my phone and I simply could NOT go to a phone without it ever again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think this thread alone is responsible for a visible uptick in LG’s profit forecast :p

• Advertisement

Can any LG CX owners suggest a good pair of 'tv ' headphones to use with it ? My gaming headsets arnt compatible .

How is the sound from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can any LG CX owners suggest a good pair of 'tv ' headphones to use with it ? My gaming headsets arnt compatible .

What headset do you already have, might be possible to get it working with an extra bit.

Most headset will have a 3.5mm jack so you could get a small battery powered Bluetooth adapters for the TV. You'd need to make sure they support aptx low latency or equivalent or you'd definitely notice the delay in audio.

I've had these Sennheiser HD 599s in my Amazon wishlist for a while now. They come highly recommended.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The sound on the CX is excellent - punchy and bassy. I haven't invested in a soundbar yet and do intend do - you'll obviously get better performance if you spend a few hundred quid on a good soundbar. But I'm not in any major rush given the quality of the in-built speakers.

Very good compared to my old Samsung . Some boom off it there watching drive to Survive on Netflix . But It's in a bedroom & Iv never had need for a sound bar or anything

Varik wrote: »
    What headset do you already have, might be possible to get it working with an extra bit.

Most headset will have a 3.5mm jack so you could get a small battery powered Bluetooth adapters for the TV. You'd need to make sure they support aptx low latency or equivalent or you'd definitely notice the delay in audio.

Ya I can do wired but it's awkward . Iv steel series Arctis 7x & Sony 3D pulse headset

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

*Stolen from the Argos Bargin thread.

Select Samsung TVs now entitled to a free Soundbar worth approx €500 (£400 from Richer Sounds).

Samsung 50 Inch UE50TU7020 for €521.
    Samsung 55In UE55TU7020KXXU for €580.
    Samsung 50 Inch QE50Q60T for €725

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

For me it is amazing. Really sounds like I have a soundbar. Maybe I'm just accustomed to my older Sony XE80 which never had the best of sounds so to me, it is a huge upgrade in terms of sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone have a Samsung AU8000 or 9000 series tv and able to tell me does the motion xcelerator turbo processing which claims to upscale 60hz to 120hz make a difference?

Looking at 43 inch TVs for a bedroom and trying to figure out if the 2021 models are worth it over the reduced 2020 TVs

Advertisement